Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What's your guess??

Any guesses? I think it's quite clear... but still in denial.

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk
    Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Hoping to sway for a at the end of 2020 - start 2021

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgot to say it was at 12+4. My other 2 boys measured bigger at they're 12 week, but I suppose it has nothing to do.

Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In your other thread I didn't realize you were only 12+4. Did the doc say boy based on a potty shot at that stage?? Because it was way too early for a potty shot. I might have given the faintest blue lean on this but it is NOWHERE near as definitive as your doctor claimed it is, and if they were saying that based on a potty shot, that is not definitive at all.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks Lulila thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    In your other thread I didn't realize you were only 12+4. Did the doc say boy based on a potty shot at that stage?? Because it was way too early for a potty shot. I might have given the faintest blue lean on this but it is NOWHERE near as definitive as your doctor claimed it is, and if they were saying that based on a potty shot, that is not definitive at all.
    She didn't say on what she based on but she did looked in between the legs for a while and checked the cord while doing it... that's where I saw the "third leg". She said there was a penis for sure, so I think she was relying on the potty shot. 2 weeks before there was nothing at all, not even a sign of a nub, I would be a bit surprised if it grew a willy that fast but they grow at full speed at this stage. I'm freaking out waiting for the NIPT results to come in, but they're taking ages...

Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe boy? But honestly this is nowhere near definitive!

7. Thanks Lulila thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The second scan makes me doubt as I'm not sure if what you see is the nub or not. In the one that it looks angled up the spine is a bit curved. I guess I'm just looking for excuses so it looks les boyish lol

Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The way babies deveop is that the thing that is the clitoris, once the Y chromosome wakes up during the 10th week, grows and turns into a penis. But that is NOT VISIBLE in the potty shot in the 12th week (and barely via nub!!). All they can see is what looks like a clitoris and both boys and girls have that sticking out in the potty shot. Not to mention the cord which can also be in the way.

It's actually the third pic that seems slightly boyish to me. I feel like I can possibly see distinct penis and testicles but like I"m saying it's just a vague sense. The nub is still straight but many boy nubs are still straight at this stage of gestation.

So go ahead and prepare yourself to hear blue, but this is not a done deal at all. Virtually all the wrong ultrasound guesses I've ever seen were doctors guessing on things that they should not have been guessing on (such as a potty shot at 12 weeks 4 days) and that a tech would not have guessed on.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks Lulila thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The way babies deveop is that the thing that is the clitoris, once the Y chromosome wakes up during the 10th week, grows and turns into a penis. But that is NOT VISIBLE in the potty shot in the 12th week (and barely via nub!!). All they can see is what looks like a clitoris and both boys and girls have that sticking out in the potty shot. Not to mention the cord which can also be in the way.

It's actually the third pic that seems slightly boyish to me. I feel like I can possibly see distinct penis and testicles but like I"m saying it's just a vague sense. The nub is still straight but many boy nubs are still straight at this stage of gestation.

So go ahead and prepare yourself to hear blue, but this is not a done deal at all. Virtually all the wrong ultrasound guesses I've ever seen were doctors guessing on things that they should not have been guessing on (such as a potty shot at 12 weeks 4 days) and that a tech would not have guessed on.
    Wow i hadn't realised about that one on the 3rd one. I get what you see. That way it makes more sense. I've assumed it's a boy, but I still have that little hope to hear... it was all wrong! It's a girl! Anyway. It's not about this baby, it's about the fact that there will be no more and my chances are over. Thank you!!! Xxx

Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi lulila, I can relate to how you might feel right now as I had my scan last tues and no less than 8 people have guessed boy so far! I won’t find out until the 8th Oct but I do feel like my chance of having a girl is over. Like you I have 2 boys already and am not in a position to have any more after this one. I’m finding it hard to be in this kind of middle ground where I think I know but I don’t know for definite, so there is this tiny hope still left, but it’s not like the optimism I had before. In fact it’s the exact opposite now I feel about finding out in Oct, even though I won’t be able to move on from this until then.

I hope you get your results soon and obviously I hope that they prove the dr wrong and you get your girl after all. If not, I hope that you will be able to finally process the news and find some peace in having certainty at last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by StarryRiver View Post
    Hi lulila, I can relate to how you might feel right now as I had my scan last tues and no less than 8 people have guessed boy so far! I won’t find out until the 8th Oct but I do feel like my chance of having a girl is over. Like you I have 2 boys already and am not in a position to have any more after this one. I’m finding it hard to be in this kind of middle ground where I think I know but I don’t know for definite, so there is this tiny hope still left, but it’s not like the optimism I had before. In fact it’s the exact opposite now I feel about finding out in Oct, even though I won’t be able to move on from this until then.

I hope you get your results soon and obviously I hope that they prove the dr wrong and you get your girl after all. If not, I hope that you will be able to finally process the news and find some peace in having certainty at last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well... i don't know if it will help you, but I've been looking and boy mums Instagrams to imagine myself in that situation. Theres also some youtubers like Emily Norris that ive followed for some time and she has 3 boys and they look like a very nice family (obviously they don't show the dark sides). I am amazed by other mothers that have like 5 or 6 boys... my dh joked about a #4 but i don't really want to go through all this again. On the other side, today it's my 30th birthday so we have time in the future in case we wanted to give it another try, and I think you have more chances of girls as you get older.
    This afternoon I'm going to collect the NIPT results... so that's a big bday present. Best is that all came out clear of genetic diseases, but I cant see the full report online, so I couldn't see that he's XY yet (which I'm 95% sure). I'll let you know. Xxx

Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast