Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Baby showing off nub in early 3D scan

Hi everyone! I've read quite a lot of posts here already and I've learned from you all that 11-week scans are too early and 3D scans are no good for nub-spotting, but my baby was really showing off his or her nub here at 11 weeks 2 days so I thought I'd take a chance and see if you'd be willing to guess! Unfortunately none of my 2D scans show a nub. NIPT results should be here within a week or so, so I will update, but I'm so impatient!

Name:  141378835.jpg
Views: 1662
Size:  62.3 KB

Name:  141378885.jpg
Views: 1630
Size:  61.1 KB

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukey Tawdry View Post
    Hi everyone! I've read quite a lot of posts here already and I've learned from you all that 11-week scans are too early and 3D scans are no good for nub-spotting, but my baby was really showing off his or her nub here at 11 weeks 2 days so I thought I'd take a chance and see if you'd be willing to guess! Unfortunately none of my 2D scans show a nub. NIPT results should be here within a week or so, so I will update, but I'm so impatient!

Name:  141378835.jpg
Views: 1662
Size:  62.3 KB

Name:  141378885.jpg
Views: 1630
Size:  61.1 KB
    So cute! The problem with doing it at 11 weeks is that the nub still has a lot of time to rise. By 12 weeks it has usually risen if it is going to. So they all tend to look girly this early. I think your baby's looks to be flat even though we really need a side profile view to know for sure. It's a little difficult to tell from this view. I'll guess girl, but like I said it can still rise.

3. Thanks Sukey Tawdry thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your pics are fascinating Sukey, that is clearly a nub and I bet if we didnt know about nubs 99% of us would say 'Oh look, we are having a boy' not knowing that the bit they are looking at has the potential to disappear! 11 weeks is definitely too early but Im gonna have a girl lean too. Can you pop by and update us when you know!

5. Thanks Sukey Tawdry thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm guessing boy, to me it looks like the nub is at an angle already :-)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G970F mit Tapatalk

7. Thanks Sukey Tawdry thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tillytys View Post
    Your pics are fascinating Sukey, that is clearly a nub and I bet if we didnt know about nubs 99% of us would say 'Oh look, we are having a boy' not knowing that the bit they are looking at has the potential to disappear!
    Oh yes, when I first saw these pics, I thought, okay, so I'm having a little boy! But then I read about nubs and I wasn't sure. Now I'm thinking maybe girl because the nub looks to be situated pretty low...but who knows, feels like I'm trying to decode hieroglyphics! I will definitely update once I get my test results back.

9. Thanks Lovemybabies03 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Boys and girls are identical. They both have a thingy sticking out and it's only once the testosterone kicks in that the clitoris looks like a penis. Till late in the 12th week at the EARLIEST boys and girls can still look identical.

By the way, the person who said above "by 12 weeks it has risen if it's going to" is incorrect. I regularly, regularly see flat nubs at 12 weeks that are boys. I have even seen people into the 13th week with flat nubs that rose, including 3 cases at the end of the 13th week I would have sworn were girls and then the nubs still rose after that point. There is some variation in genital development and beyond that, there is HUGE variation in the quality of images we receive from ultrasounds.

REgardless of what anyone else says in this thread or anywhere else, these are not suitable for guessing and do not tell you what your baby's gender is. Please wait till the appropriate time to determine gender.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to piggie back on atomics post, I’ve also heard/read that 3D ultrasounds aren’t as good for gender determination. But they sure do make cuter pictures! Congrats on baby

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that's why I made sure to say "usually," but Sukey said she is aware that 11 weeks is too early and that 3D scans are no good, however, she still wants guesses. I totally understand that as it helps pass time while you are waiting on actual results. Good luck, Sukey! If you have a preference, I hope you get the gender you are dreaming of!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone. Thank you again for indulging my early request for nub analysis! I got my NIPT results back yesterday and the first couple of predictions in this thread were correct - it's a girl! I will say that I looked at a lot of 3D baby boy and girl nubs (what a weird thing to type!) while I was filling the time waiting for my results, and the thing I noticed is that, even quite early, girl nubs seemed to be situated closer to the rump and boy nubs closer to the abdomen. I even found a couple of studies about "anogenital distance" being used to predict fetal sex from as early as 11 weeks. So based on the fact that my baby's nub is kind of behind the thigh rather than next to the thigh (if that makes sense), I really had a feeling that she was a girl! (Of course I know I had a 50% chance of being right in any case, but just thought I'd throw that out there in case it could be useful or interesting to anyone.) Thanks again!!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!!!

17. Thanks Sukey Tawdry thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast