Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

11w and 14w scan - obviously failing sway :-(

Hey Atomic,
    Hello everyone,

40yr old, 4th child, 2nd sway (1st : Dr Papa, 2nd : LE diet with coaching), and 4th boy on the way :-(. It took 7 months to conceive, so I was happy to be pregnant, but now I can't stop feeling like I want to cry all the time. So much effort, so much time, so much sacrifice, no mother, no sister, no daughter, crushed dream...

I wanted to go team green, because I know I would get another boy and didn't want to feel like this and cry for a baby I am goind to love so much anyway. I just wanted to feel happy for 9 months, and welcome my 4th little boy on D-Day. But on 14weeks4 days ultruasound, I asked my doctor not to say anything, she asked me to look away in the beginning, and it took her maybe 5 seconds to see the gender...and baby was on the side. She must have seen it immediately, and that means it can only be a boy...also heard from her voice, the way she said ok my darling have a quick look, that she was sad and disapointed for me. She never looked between the legs. Hubby aked her if she saw anything, she aid she wouldn't say if she saw cause then I would know...but clearly she did see instanly :-(.

I also saw something "floating" between the legs on the ultrasound... I don't have a nub picture, and i supose skull theory points for boy and jaw very much points for boy... it's over for me. I have to accept.

Here are the pics.

3 pics from 11weeks 1 day ultrasound (a bit early maybe for skull theory)
    1 pic from 14weeks5days ultrasound (and I see a penis between the legs right ?)

Thanks for sharing your view. I will need to face truth anyway.

Onelastchance ... becoming nomorechances after 4th c-section.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Onelastchance; March 6th, 2021 at 12:49 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is nothing in any of these that has gender. You can't tell gender in the 11th week and whatever you're seeing in the 14th week is NOT GENITALS. Your doctor deliberately blanked out the appropriate stuff for you. Genitals are flesh, and so they don't show up easily. That is bone, either leg bone or spine you're seeing, because bones show up more clear. not even in the right place to be the genitals!!

As for your doctor, I have heard similar stories from people in the past and have discussed this topic with ultrasound techs I've met over the years, and the fact is that the doctors and techs literally do not care what the gender of our babies are. They are there to determine health, and that is all they care about, because they see many sad things happen to people that are so much more devastating than gender. In fact (and I have heard this from several techs now) they find gender related things by far and away the most irritating part of their job because it takes extra effort on their part for something that they are trained not to care about. So I seriously doubt your doctor was feeling at all sad and disappointed for you. She may have even been somewhat irritated she had to change up her normal procedure upon your request (there are quite a few doctors/techs who think gender desire is an undesirable thing and are judgmental over it.) Or, she may have been doing exactly what she normally does and it seemed like a bigger deal to you because you have so much riding on it.

At this point I can only say 50-50. Obviously it's best to just guard your heart, go into it expecting a boy, but in my opinion there is no gender revealed on these.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic,

I do know my doctor was disappointed for me. She's been my doctor for 20 years now, and is the king who cried with me when I lost my baby. She has become a friend over the years, one who is invited to all my kid's birthdays and who comes along...

If she allowed for a 4th c section, it was to allow me one last chance for a girl.

I did see something floating in between the legs, just above the leg actually, in the exact position baby is now, except the leg was a little lower. And it was like something showing up just beneath the cord.

I was hoping that thing we see in 14wks scan was a long, thin female nub, but now I guess it is obvious it isn't one like you explained. So I have ZERO hope... For my number 3, she kept looking between the legs to see what it was even though I didn't want to know... and now she didn't even have to look.

I already know it is a boy, and even though I will enjoy loving that little one, it breaks my heart knowing I will have to deal with that "whole" in my heart and my life, until the rest of my life.

I was sooooo sick, still am at 16 weeks, I thought I had a chance... but now belly is identical to the other ones.

Any thoughts on skull theory ?
    Last edited by Onelastchance; March 7th, 2021 at 09:17 AM.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The pics are not the type of pic I'd feel good about guessing skull on, they're just not clear.

I'm still praying for good news for you

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Atomic,

Thanks for your reply. Since that ultrasound I wake up everymorning with the feeling that I have a knife planted in the middle of my heart... so unfair for that little beauty baby inside, but I can't help it. Will I have to live my whole life with that hole in my heart, with that bleeding feeling everytime a friend, a cousin has a baby girl, or hearing those words in my head "don't look at baby girl clothes" everytime I walk in a store... for the rest of my life...

I am in denial for sure, but still trying to have that little hope that that dream could happen to me too...

I have a question : do you think it's possible for an experienced tech to see that a baby is a baby girl within seconds in a 15 week ultrasound ? I do not know what she looked at for the first 15 seconds, but I suppose she would have looking for a nice view of baby before she tells me to look at the screen...and probably make sure that the gender is hidden... I did not see her look in between the legs at any point.

I have been looking at tons and tons of ulstrasounds on youtube since then... I have seen boy ultrasound thinking thats exactly what i saw! Then a couple of girls ultrasound where that's also what I could have seen just above the legs maybe the cordon...

Has it hapened to anyone that your doctor saw within seconds that you were expecting a girl at around 15sa? I would think that the doctor can only see a boy within seconds and would need to look around to know if it;s a girl...

Any stories would help with the wait... even though it will probably only feed the denial!!!
    Last edited by Onelastchance; March 16th, 2021 at 06:41 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it is absolutely true a trained tech can tell a baby is a girl at 15 weeks in a matter of seconds.

At my ultrasound (at 13 weeks - so much less visible than 15 weeks) the tech heard I had four boys and said "I just want to check something", looked at the genitals, said "yep!" within seconds, and then shut the machine off. This all took place in the span of maybe 30 seconds tops.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow... i can't imagine what you must have felt then!!!

She didn't check though... that's what made me realise she saw without a doubt in a few seconds from baby's profile ... didn't even need to double check by looking at genitals... :-/ ...

But again, i don't know what her first image was, i wasn't looking for the first maybe 10 seconds... that's a very short period of time to find out for sure... :-(...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At 15 weeks it’s usually easy to tell right away the baby’s gender if they get the right angles and it can be determined earlier depending on a few things. At my 13-week scan we were trying to find and view the nub and it was really difficult. The brief glimpses of it showed it appearing to be short and pointing down and not moving around at all. The tech decided to check a potty shot saying that most of the time with a clear shot we can tell, especially with there not being a clear nub anymore, but that I’d have to say what I saw before she could say anything. She zoomed in on baby A and adjusted the view from different angles and we saw what looked to be a textbook girl shot completely flat between the legs, the lines equal and parallel, and no protrusion at all. She was pretty confident it was a girl. We repeated the nub and potty shots on baby B with very similar findings. She said she’d give 90% confidence we had girls with how completely flat between the legs everything was and the equally parallel lines. When I saw my doctor after the scan I was told the blood test indicated girls. I’m waiting on them to reconfirm at my next scan, though. It seems too good to be true to have two girls. LOL
    DH (43), DW (40)

11. Thanks Onelastchance thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I know how you feel! At my 12 week ultrasound for one of my boys, the guy could tell the gender in 2 seconds and I knew that only meant a boy! And it was a boy! I do remember one lady though her username is noemi2017 where she wrote in the comments she was team green but at the 12 week ultrasound the doctor was very confident he knew what the gender was and it was so easy to see so she automatically thought it was a boy and just prayed it was wrong. She came out all girl at the end! Sometimes the doctor can see quickly but it doesn’t mean a boy! But I know how that feels as it happened to me and it was in fact a boy. Big hugs to you, I know the heartbreaking feeling, I had gender disappointment with all my sons even the first!

13. Thanks Onelastchance thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast