Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a nub in these?

I know it’s too early to guess, but I’m obsessing a bit. I snapped a few photos from the video we took and wondering if there are possibly any clues here or even a nub in these at all? Maybe these are more clear than the original ones I posted? I just don’t know. We used a terrible ultrasound machine lol. Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Momma to two beautiful girls
    Health coach and personal trainer
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and this is 12 weeks exact.

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I am not the best when it comes to ultrasounds but have you tried the groups on Facebook? There seems to be a lot of people to view and may be able to give a better guess I am unsure of your sway but I would have said boy. All the best

4. Thanks Jconger thanked for this post
    Likes Jconger liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a nub in these?

Quote Originally Posted by Jconger View Post
    I know it’s too early to guess, but I’m obsessing a bit. I snapped a few photos from the video we took and wondering if there are possibly any clues here or even a nub in these at all? Maybe these are more clear than the original ones I posted? I just don’t know. We used a terrible ultrasound machine lol. Many thanks

I would have immediately thought boy if that was my ultrasound but maybe it’s too early to tell for sure? But it’s forked so not sure if that definitely means girl...The baby could also have a curved spine making the nub look angled? I don’t know what you swayed so I don’t want to give you hope either way. I do feel like my boys nubs looked kinda girly that early though. With my girls I feel like I just knew it was a girl right away because the nub seemed to angle straight/down almost.

Last edited by jenn1112; March 11th, 2021 at 10:11 AM.

6. Likes Jconger liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because I know how important this is to you, J, I just really want to hold off till I'm sure before I guess.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Likes Jconger liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Because I know how important this is to you, J, I just really want to hold off till I'm sure before I guess.
    Ok Thank you! I know you said it was too early I just kept watching the video and saw this. It was a terrible ultrasound so I know that doesn’t help. I felt like maybe these were just more clear than the original pics I posted.

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn1112 View Post
    I would have immediately thought boy if that was my ultrasound but maybe it’s too early to tell for sure? But it’s forked so not sure if that definitely means girl...The baby could also have a curved spine making the nub look angled? I don’t know what you swayed so I don’t want to give you hope either way. I do feel like my boys nubs looked kinda girly that early though. With my girls I feel like I just knew it was a girl right away because the nub seemed to angle straight/down almost.

Can fork be either? I thought I read an early nub, at 12 weeks, can look forked for both? Maybe I’m wrong

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jconger View Post
    Can fork be either? I thought I read an early nub, at 12 weeks, can look forked for both? Maybe I’m wrong

Yes they can, I just don’t remember if my boys were split all the way down or just forked at the end. Will you be doing an NIPT to find out?

12. Likes Jconger liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No we passed on that. I just didn’t want to pay the money. I’ll have to go back in and look again a little later. In another photo someone mentioned it looked like some stacking but I think that photo may not have been as clear as these. Im not sure. Here’s that photo
    I know it’s technically too early to know by the nub theory so I probably should just stop like Atomic told me to this is our fifth and final so I’m just hoping after a “failed” sway and then not getting to try again the last two that maybe this will be our finale baby in the gender I’m for
    Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the 11 week range my babies’ nubs were obvious and clear, which is not that common, but the tech in my perinatology clinic always makes a point of looking For a clear shot for her own reasons (she likes to keep stats on if she guesses correctly). My boys all looked like they had a party hat for a nub and my girls had a pretty straight line. If they don’t specifically try for a clear nub at the right angles, it’s really hard to tell what is what. At my scan yesterday (12w5d with babies measuring 13w0d) the nubs were very clear and angling down, so she said I might be able to get a good potty shot and spent a few minutes each baby looking as well. Three parallel likes with the middle line slightly shorter for both babies and perfectly flat/in line with the curve between the legs with no bulge at all. She said combined with the nubs and potty shots she was pretty confident in saying girls (but wouldn’t say that until I stated my opinion first) and then when I saw the doctor after he said the blood test didn’t detect any Y chromosomes and gave a 90% chance both were girls.

Unfortunately, none of your pics have clear or complete nubs to guess on. You’ll either need to get another scan in a few weeks (15+), get a blood test, or wait until your anatomy scan. It sucks to have to wait, but it’s better to get a reliable answer a bit later on than it is to get wrong guesses to either give you false hope or unnecessary disappointment.
    DH (43), DW (40)

15. Thanks Jconger thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast