Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tricky NUB 13+1 weeks? Long NUB but some stacking?

Hi there!
    I had a scan yesterday (13+1 weeks!). During the scan I was convinced I saw long somewhat flat, but also a stacked nub (I saw a shadow in the background), but the tech said it was the stacking was the umbilical cord. The tech said she saw a flat NUB that I is why she was leaning more towards girl.

I posted my scans online and got mostly boy guesses (some girl because of the "flat" NUB) but I was wondering if it's still possible it might be a girl? That the "stacked thing" is something else??? (Already got 3 boys so a girl would be so welcome!)
    Name:  IMG_4945.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  170.1 KBName:  Schermafbeelding 2022-04-20 om 19.44.52.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  18.4 KBName:  Schermafbeelding 2022-04-20 om 19.57.41.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  13.9 KBName:  Schermafbeelding 2022-04-20 om 19.57.53.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  20.5 KBName:  Schermafbeelding 2022-04-20 om 19.38.53.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  18.1 KBName:  Schermafbeelding 2022-04-20 om 19.39.03.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  18.2 KBName:  Schermafbeelding 2022-04-20 om 20.03.07.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  16.3 KBName:  IMG_4935.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  164.1 KB
    Name:  Schermafbeelding 2022-04-21 om 16.07.28.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  18.7 KB

Thank you!
    Last edited by Vame; April 21st, 2022 at 10:20 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd say girl most of the pics aren't reliable all the blue ones aren't great

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also feel like with the blue ones the "stacked" area isnt attached to the line itsself. If you know what I mean? At some pics there is a small dot, and at others is a second line.

Also, with my other boys, the stacked nub was very clear and white.... Here it's not... But I still get a lot of boy guesses as well.. I am not sure at all!!! Thanks for your reply @kazzzz

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also get a girl vibe from these. I would (tentatively!) feel pretty good about these pics but don't take it for confirmation just yet. Good luck!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just had a scan this morning and they said boy! I was really hoping that this baby would be my girl, instead its my fourth boy….

I am 13.6 weeks today. Do you see anything girly in this @atomic sagebrush? Only have these pottyshots… any chance this is the cord or something else?

Name:  Schermafbeelding 2022-04-25 om 16.28.13.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  16.3 KBName:  Schermafbeelding 2022-04-25 om 16.27.42.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  19.0 KB
    Last edited by Vame; April 25th, 2022 at 10:35 AM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I also get a girl vibe from these. I would (tentatively!) feel pretty good about these pics but don't take it for confirmation just yet. Good luck!
    Could you have a look at my post? Sorry i didnt know how to "tag" you haha

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Potty shots are not reliable at that stage of gestation. They should not have guessed gender on these. That could absolutely still be girl bits (girls are NOT smooth like Barbies). 50-50.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Potty shots are not reliable at that stage of gestation. They should not have guessed gender on these. That could absolutely still be girl bits (girls are NOT smooth like Barbies). 50-50.
    I really want to believe this but I dont see how such a huge thing between de legs can turn into girl bits? Could you explain?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Think of it this way - how could such a huge thing between the legs turn into BOY bits, either?? If that was a penis (instead of a stage of development that all babies go thru plus a trick of a camera) then that kid would have a penis halfway to his knees! The reason it looks so huge is that the picture is insanely zoomed in, and it's misleading as to what it is.

All babies start off looking like girls, and both boys and girls have that "stuff" there. Because babies are very small, their bits look very large and out of all proportion (not unlike how their heads appear absolutely massive compared to the rest of them). As the baby grows, the rest of the body does catch up and things appear a lot more in proportion. But if you look at any baby too early (or in this case, at the wrong angle, too early) you would not be able to tell which ones were boys and which ones were girls, because they would all have that sticky outy thingy there.

The Y chromosome in baby boys is dormant until into the 10th week. Only at that point, does it "wake up" and start making testosterone. Once testosterone starts to be made, the things that look like girl parts will develop into a penis and testicles, but this process takes time, and it cannot be accurately seen from the bottom in the 13th week. Plus, all the while, girls still have their own stuff! People truly think that they will see a scan of their girls and there won't be anything there at all, like a Barbie doll, but girls have a clitoris and labia that look very similar to a penis and a set of testicles.

Can this baby be a boy, sure! But it could also still be a girl. Nothing in either set of pics leads me to believe that we are at anything other than 50-50.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Think of it this way - how could such a huge thing between the legs turn into BOY bits, either?? If that was a penis (instead of a stage of development that all babies go thru plus a trick of a camera) then that kid would have a penis halfway to his knees! The reason it looks so huge is that the picture is insanely zoomed in, and it's misleading as to what it is.

All babies start off looking like girls, and both boys and girls have that "stuff" there. Because babies are very small, their bits look very large and out of all proportion (not unlike how their heads appear absolutely massive compared to the rest of them). As the baby grows, the rest of the body does catch up and things appear a lot more in proportion. But if you look at any baby too early (or in this case, at the wrong angle, too early) you would not be able to tell which ones were boys and which ones were girls, because they would all have that sticky outy thingy there.

The Y chromosome in baby boys is dormant until into the 10th week. Only at that point, does it "wake up" and start making testosterone. Once testosterone starts to be made, the things that look like girl parts will develop into a penis and testicles, but this process takes time, and it cannot be accurately seen from the bottom in the 13th week. Plus, all the while, girls still have their own stuff! People truly think that they will see a scan of their girls and there won't be anything there at all, like a Barbie doll, but girls have a clitoris and labia that look very similar to a penis and a set of testicles.

Can this baby be a boy, sure! But it could also still be a girl. Nothing in either set of pics leads me to believe that we are at anything other than 50-50.
    I get your point Thanks!

Before, when you saw the NUB images (13.1 gestation) you said you got a girl vibe. Do you still think girl or boy now?

And whats the best way to find out if this baby is a boy or girl? A side shot during the scan?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast