Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nub guess - can you help me?

Hi!

Just had my ultrasound and I am currently 11w and 2 days pregnant. I have some pictures of the scan... Think I see a boy nub at some pics? Some also are a little girlish (flat) too? Of course I am not a doctor so I am not really sure what we are looking at exactly haha...
    Added a few pictures, because I think they are all a little different... Also because the baby is laying a little tilted..
    Name:  IMG_1120.jpeg
Views: 86
Size:  115.9 KB
    Is this too early to see the nub or is this already early enough to predict gender?

Hope someone can help me?

Thank you :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't tell a baby's gender at 11 weeks. It just isn't possible to do because all babies look the same on ultrasound at that stage.

People expect that girls should be smooth like a Barbie, but both boys and girls have "stuff" that sticks out. In girls, this "stuff" becomes the vagina and clitoris, and ALL babies start off with genitals that look like a vagina and clitoris. It is only under the influence of testosterone that what looks like a vagina and clitoris turns into testicles and penis. So you simply cannot see anything at this point that looks like a boy nub. This process is barely begun and not visible at all. That "stuff" you think you see sticking out would be there on girls and boys alike.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for checking!!

I read somewhere that from 11 weeks there might be a difference between boy & girl nubs. I know they both have 'stuff' sticking out there around this stage. But if I look at the nub I see something stacking above the nub, that's a real boy nub thing right? Also see a little raise at some pictures. And what is raised will not come down right? So maybe an early boy nub?

I add 2 pictures where you can see the typical 'stacking' thing boy nub... It'a above the flat line...

I can send you the movies by email?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have looked at 123,456,789 nubs by now and I promise that you cannot tell on the basis of ultrasound, what gender a baby is. I have people send me reams of annotated pictures and videos and etc etc etc either torn with anxiety or over the moon with joy over 11 week pictures and their beliefs about their baby's gender are wrong. There is no reliable way to tell gender at this point and I refuse to do it. It leads only to false hope and false despair.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okey clear! I read at some other websites that if you see something ‘stacking’ or rising, big chance it will be a boy, also with 11 weeks. Because all nubs start flat & girly. So if you see something boyish… it might be a boy. But I will be patient… in a few weeks we know it for sure!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand what they say on other websites - believe me, I have this conversation about 5 times a week! But the problem is, I have seen their guesses be wrong 2.5 times a week (because gender is 50-50, they appear to get some guesses right.) I have seen babies that appear to be completely boyish at 11 weeks be girls and vice versa. Additionally it's also very common earlier on to mistake cord or leg or tailbone for nub because the technicians also do not guess gender at this age, and don't take gender pics and so people mistake anatomy for nub.
    This is simply not a reliable gestation to make a guess on. Wrong ultrasound guesses are one of the main causes of severe gender disappointment - either people who unnecessarily sink into despair thinking they're having the gender they weren't hoping for, or people who go are super happy only to have it all ripped away. I refuse to guess before the end of the 12th week, and you should not buy into any of it either.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your explanation, I understand!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post