Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramzi's Method

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wanting the tech can flip the image so it's either a true image or mirror to suit the scan so the sidedness from the picture doesn't really tell us much it's where the placenta attaches and to know that you would need to ask your tech. That being said this baby could definitely be another little princess my second sons scan pic showed him being on the left at 8 weeks but I don't know whether the placenta was attached there, though I imagine it was. I asked the tech where the baby was and he said the left side but that may have meant 'if the image' not f my uterus. All too confusing for me haha xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well my tech for this one was a total B!! She wouldn't even tell me the placenta was anterior when it clearly WAS!! Then when she finally did tell me the placenta was anterior she looked at me and was like "well what does that matter". Well it matters because I have had 3 C-sections and I want to ask my Dr. about it!! I wanted to smack her with the vaginal probe

Anyway, she was no help however, the indicators (there is a M or a dot or some type of indicator and the top of most uls machines) that tells you the orientation of the image is the same for both this lo and DD and they were done at the same clinic. I was just wondering if anyone else had compared images. I agree that it is confusing and don't really understand what exactly to look for. Looks like you need a flow image anyway. I am just obsessing until I get my MaterniT21 results
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How long??? Totally stalking you I laughed at you wanting to hit her with the probe haha. You'd never feel clean again after being hit with one of those across the face!!! (No offence haha) xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha ha... right Mulberry!! Well I had MaterniT21 drawn Friday so I am hoping the results will be here this Friday or maybe sometime early next week. I love knowing the gender of the baby. I think it just helps me think about what they might look like and be like. Also with planning a room and clothes. It just kind of makes me feel a little closer to the baby in a weird way. I think women who wait have some WILL POWER!! I always say that it would be fun to wait but really I don't think I am that patient
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should be getting them any day now, no?
    Of course that is important! Not only for c sections but you feel less! It's important to know you might not feel the same things that you would typically with posterior!!

Lol at whacking he with the probe
    Mine is anterior this time too:/ super bummed as that's 3 of 4. I did feel not with the 3rd than the 1st (both the anterior ones) but it's more exciting for the kids to see all the movement
    Quote Originally Posted by WantingPink View Post
    Well my tech for this one was a total B!! She wouldn't even tell me the placenta was anterior when it clearly WAS!! Then when she finally did tell me the placenta was anterior she looked at me and was like "well what does that matter". Well it matters because I have had 3 C-sections and I want to ask my Dr. about it!! I wanted to smack her with the vaginal probe

Anyway, she was no help however, the indicators (there is a M or a dot or some type of indicator and the top of most uls machines) that tells you the orientation of the image is the same for both this lo and DD and they were done at the same clinic. I was just wondering if anyone else had compared images. I agree that it is confusing and don't really understand what exactly to look for. Looks like you need a flow image anyway. I am just obsessing until I get my MaterniT21 results

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is my ultrasound @8 weeks . It was an abdominal ultrasound any guesses ?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The PP was right who said BOTH transvaginal and abdominal u/s's are done the SAME way (meaning both can be flipped!!). Found this on a BBC thread:

Ok, I'm a sonographer, let me see if I can clear some things up. The image on the screen is as if it is facing you (like the patient is facing the tech) therefore, on the screen the right side of the patient is on the techs left side, like a mirror image. It's like this on all imaging modalities (Xray, CT, MRI, etc) It doesn't matter if it is on the belly or transvaginal the image on the screen shows the right side of the patient on the left side of the monitor or screen. Also, it doesn't matter how the tech has the transducer (wand) we have the capabilities to "flip" the image upside down, rightside up and flip it left to right by just pressing a button on the machine. Now keep in mind we scan in two planes...longitudinal and transverse, so yes it would be difficult for you to decipher if you are looking from head to toe or right side to left side without a tech explaining it to you, nothing on the screen indicates when we are doing this other than the words we type on the screen. And just to make things more complicated, sometimes I have to scan on the patients left side of their body to see things on the right inside of them and vice versa...kinda like standing on one side of the room and shining a flashlight to the otherside of the room....and you thought all we did was wave a wand around and press some buttons...lol. I know this is all very confusing, but try to trust that the person doing your scan knows what they are doing (as long as they have been properly trained that is, you'd be amazed at who might be doing your scan if you don't ask). Always make sure your tech is trained and registered with the ARDMS, then you'll know they know what they are doing

And this:

THE LEFT OF THE IMAGE/SCREEN SHOWS THE PATIENT'S RIGHT FOR BOTH TRANSVAGINAL & ABDOMINAL

Transvaginal ultrasounds and abdominal ultrasounds do NOT differ in their perspectives.

For BOTH, the view on the image/screen is from the perspective of the sonographer.

*** This means that the left of the image of the image/screen is the patient's right, while the right of the image of the image/screen is the patient's left. ***

This applies to transverse ultrasounds (which is the typical type of scan at 6 weeks).
    (Sagittal ultrasounds show neither left nor right).

Please refer to www.mainehealth.org/em_body.cfm?id=...

Technically, the sonographer can flip the image, so ask if it's a true transverse if you would like to be sure.

OTHER NOTES ON THE RAMZI METHOD

It's about whether the placenta is starting to form (not where the fetus is). You can take a guess from your ultrasound pic, but the only way to KNOW where it's forming is to have an ultrasound that shows the blood flow (which is what Ramzi used).

If the placenta is forming on the right (which will be left on the image/screen), then it indicates a boy.

If the placenta is forming on the left (which will be right on the image/screen), then it indicates a girl.

THANK YOU. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!

*Please excuse me if I'm reviving an old post. I'm trying to kill the false internet rumour by responding to posts which appear high up on relevant Google searches.

My 8 week scan shows baby on left (image of baby is on the right, assuming it is left since scan images are flipped)...was about to get excited it could mean girl but after reading and researching it looks like you really have no idea what you're looking at since tech can flip image around all they want, AND since where baby is shows no indication where placenta is grr! Just gonna have to wait for my Panorama draw this week- EEEEEK!!!!
    Last edited by Houseofblue; May 17th, 2014 at 07:00 AM.
    Mommy to

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any guesses on mine? It was TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  009 (3).jpg
Views: 2140
Size:  1.34 MB can some one guess mine 6 weeks tranvaginal thanks

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1812
Size:  1.30 MB

Will someone guess for me? Abdominal scan at 7 week 6 day. When I asked tech, she said baby was "in the center" of my uterus. How do you know if you need the flip the pic? Are they all mirror images?

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast