Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Future child planning...sway or not?

I know it's a weird question to ask on a swaying forum!

But I am a super-planner. We have a five-week-old and I am already thinking and planning for our next baby, who will also be our last. I am very torn as to whether I *should* incorporate swaying into our plan. We have two boys and our newborn is a girl (a successful sway). I truly don't know that I mind what our fourth is either way. We plan to be team green (surprise at birth) and I can see the benefits of either sex.

HOWEVER, I have this bizarre thought that I am programmed for boys and in order to truly level the playing field and have a 50-50 shot at either, I need to add some sway tactics into our TTC. On some level I think I also feel I "should" try for a girl, because it gives my daughter the chance of having a sister (something I don't have, nor ever missed, but I can't help but think SHE might want one, ya know?). Not to mention, room planning would be but easier with two of each (but, frankly, we would work it out no matter what).

Any insight? Anyone ever been in this place? Is there really a way to "forget" the sway tactics anyway? What would YOU do?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish was in your boat!! Lol, I will find out in just over a month if my sway was successful, but if my hubby was on board for 4 (my dream)...it would be 2 of each!! The deal is that the swaying may not bring the same results around, so it depends on how your heart and body feel! The baby we have on board is our last, but I wish you the best with whatever outcome you end up with
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's tough. I think I would sway again (maybe a light sway) and stay team green personally. If you truly do not care either way. If my sway is successful I will do that for our third child (which will probably be our last unless I can convince my DH...and I've already talked him up to three lol). Being able to say you truly don't care what the gender is would be such a wonderful feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[2] healthy baby boy born in 2011
    [21 weeks] Nov. 2012 Went for a scan at 20 weeks, baby measured 17+6, came back for a follow up scan and baby had passed away. Lots of testing, no answers.
    Moving on without my son's brother. Starting our HT journey in 2014.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the idea of just going for it and staying team green!!! if you dont have a strong preference that would be awesome!!!!
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would sway! Goodluck!
    '04'06'10'14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I felt a little bad asking, since I know tons of ladies would love to be in this place. I do realize I am very lucky

And I do fully anticipate that even if we decide to sway, the outcome could be totally different next time. Which makes me wonder if I should bother! Lol.

I was thinking of doing a light LE diet (veggie too), take off a few pounds in the 3-4 months leading up to trying. Have DH take licorice root. And I'll be taking aspirin because I have to anyway for a clotting condition. I may also use RePhresh, although prolly just every 4 days in trying cycles instead of before DTD. And I may still be breast feeding as well, depending on how long baby goes and when my cycle returns. And then the lack of stress I'll feel over it all will help too.

And in doing those things, I feel the odds would be close to 50-50 for either sex. My typical diet is boy-friendly. We will do team green no matter if we decide to sway at all or not. I truthfully have no preference in my heart. In my head I have a slight girl lean, mostly for logistical reasons (reuse clothes, my boy clothes are kinda beat up, the rooms). But I love, love our boy name we have in the wings...and no clue on what we would name another girl. So that kinda takes me back to center.

Thanks for the opinions. I am currently leaning toward a lazy-sway and see what happens
    Last edited by hotdogz&boyz; June 17th, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SBowman and Ladybugs...I hope you both hear PINK! I'll be stalking to find out

And OnlyPraying...I hope you see those gorgeous two lines very soon.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I swayed for a girl, as you know. I wanted my dd to have a sister. I got a beautiful baby boy out of it. If I were to ever have another, I would sway...HARD!!! My sway was rushed. We are done with 5 and I have no regrets. Good luck to you!!
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would try the sway for the reasons you said, at least then you know that you can tell DD if she ever asks that you tried for her sis but your little bro came instead Plus you can stick around here with us and help other ladies with their sways!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wondered the same thing for baby #4. Even with an opposite, I wondered if it would be worth it to sway again or to just go for it. I decided to sway again to give it everything I've got. But, this time, I know that every little bitty detail doesn't matter and I plan on doing vegatarian + LE +coming off of BCP + BF'ing. I might use acijel or something else like that but don't plan on vitex or SP or doing anything else!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast