Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone swaying blue while vegan/vegetarian out there?

I've been plant based for a little over a year and would like to see if anyone else has had success on a plant diet with boys.... I know I'm plenty alkine and know a lot of sources of plant based protein sources, but maybe I should add a protein (veg) pwd to my smoothies? Thx!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My best friend has been vegetarian for 15 years and has 2 boys. I know 2 other vegetarians with boys too and no girls.

I only know 1 vegetarian with all girls.

I'd say a lot of vegetarians are boy friendly in other ways, such as taking lots of supplements, eating full fat dairy, eating nutrient dense foods, etc.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, that really makes me happy to hear!! It makes sense to me also b/c I eat way more nutrients now then when I wasn't plant based

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My best friend is mostly vegetarian (she eats fish, salmon in particular, which sways strongly blue) and has been for 15 years. She has 3 little boys.

My mom was a lifelong vegetarian (plus seafood) and had my brother at 43. She ate very little dairy, except butter, before conceiving him.

I do think the fish eating makes a difference though.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My friend has been a vegetarian for years & has 5 boys (inc twins) It's entirely possible!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay! Also dreamofpink, I've noticed that you had a natural birth after 2 c-sections.... Was that planned? Both my girls were c-sections and would love this one to be natural.... Drs seem to frown on even one after your first section if the baby goes past due date

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, totally planned! After a lot of careful research, I told my consultant where to stick his idea of a planned c-section at term. He respected me a lot & by chance, delivered my ds3 by forceps after he got stuck. I laboured pretty well for the first time ever, but ds3 had turned back-to-back during labour & after an hour of pushing, hospital rules kicked in & I was taken down to theatre. My consultant was pretty chuffed that I avoided a c-section though. Stay strong, know your facts & don't let them bully you into what's easy for them to be in control of. X

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's awesome!!! I'm going to look into it

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even though I've had 2 kids, I've never have had a labour pain and to me that's a little crazy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here! I still feel a bit robbed of the natural high that I had no idea about after ds1 &2 as I was so drugged up. It was wonderful with ds3 though. I so want to do it all again but next time I want a home birth. Sod the hospital & their arbitrary rules!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast