Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

anyone here taking levothyroxine/synthroid?

I was diagnosed with postpartum thryroiditis after DD3 was born, and last week my doctor started me on 50 mcg of levothyroxine to bring my tsh down, since DH and I are planning on ttc again in few months. My tsh was 2.88, and my doctor wants it to be between 1-2. He will be re-checking my numbers in 6 weeks. Does anyone here have experiences to share with hypothyroidism/ levothyoxine etc/ttc/pregnancy? Thanx!
    , my girls, and hoping to add a someday!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, not sure what experience your looking for but here is my 2 cents. I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid when my dd was 9 months old, I found out a week later was pregnant with ds1, so he was conceived with an underactive, unregulated thyriod. After ds1 my levels were well managed and I conceived ds2 with one attempt outside my fertile window, we literally had unprotected sex once that month. I was ver thin when I conceived my dd, but struggled to lose weight after her birth and subsequent births. Anyway, I knew nothing about swaying with the other three and decided to try it to give dd a sister. I have lost nearly 7 stone and am pretty much at the weight I was when I conceived dd, but am now struggling to conceive. I thought maybe thyroid but my blood results in June showed iwas now hyperactive and my meds have been drastically reduced. Gp thinks weight loss, less body mass less medication. I had no problems conceiving boys with an under active thyriod that was unregulated and regulated! Good luck, x o

4. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush, dreaming88 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes we have a lot of people in that boat!! Bumping for more input!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks dreaming88 thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DH and I ttc #2 for about a year and a half, including two losses and finally went the RE. He put me on Levothyroxine to get my TSH between 1-2 and I was pregnant with DS2 within two cycles!
    Me (31) and DH (34)
    Two amazing boys Nov '08 Dec '14
    BFB 8/31/17 - It’s another BOY! Due 5/15/18
    Possible IVF/PGD for pink in 2019

Ectopic Mar '12 MC @ 5 weeks Dec '12 and Jan '17

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been on thyroxine for 4 years for hypothyroidism and fell pregnant with my DD 1st cycle trying - so no issues with TTC. We are going to TTC in the new year and swaying for a boy I am worried that being hypo may sway girl but not sure if there is any link. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops, can't believe I didn't see this. This is my area of expertise, haha.

I don't have a thyroid (complete thyroidectomy as a kid) so I'm chronically hypothyroid, even when I have manageable levels.

A TSH of 2.88 isn't awful one way or the other, though it's closer to the newer hypo norms (.5-3) so that's interesting your doc wants it lower -- but generally, the lower TSH, the better options of conceiving. Chronic hyperthyroidism can cause problems, but statistically more women have issues conceiving and/or losing pregnancies from higher TSH (hypothyroidism) than lower, though obviously both can cause issues.

From all of my reading on here, being hypo seems to sway boy more than girl, and I conceived my DD when I was run VERY high on my dose by my endo (my TSH was literally in the .2-.5 range) since he was concerned about me being able to conceive and then keep a pregnancy, since women with no thyroids have really weird thyroid issues when pregnant (which was true -- my thyroid levels stayed very "hyper" until my second trimester, when my T3 and T4 went hypo yet my TSH stayed hyper). I conceived first cycle trying.

All of this was with Armour thyroid, however. I was on levothyroxine for yeaaaaars then we switched to Armour about a year before I conceived my DD and actually held off on conceiving because my levels went so hypo while adjusting.

We've since gradually lowered my dose more and more since my DD's birth, so I'm not sure where I'm at -- I actually do bloodwork in a week or so. That said, I got pregnant by complete accident/surprise at 3 months postpartum, though I lost it around 6-7 weeks. Not sure if the thyroid changes could be attributed or any other host of factors that could have caused it.

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Filzma thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As an update, since I got a notification on this, TShH should definitely be below 2 when TTC.

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I am swaying for a boy but recently got a blood work done. My TSH came 7.2.. now confused since some people say hypothyroidism sways blue and some say medicine for hypothyroidism sways blue. The doctor said it's subclinical hypothyroidism so dietary changes and exercise would get the levels down. So I am confused whether or not to start medicine for thyroid. If anyone has any idea please let me know . Thanks

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is an old thread...I got diagnosed w hypothyroidism in Feb. Been on natural dessicated thyroid meds for a month. 1.2 grain of Nature Throid which is T3 and T4 mix. I wonder if anyone else recently has experienced TTC while on meds for thyroid? I'm 35, trying for my 1st... we really want a boy first to take the "pressure" off trying for a gender for our 2nd, when i'm older. THanks

17. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also wanted to know if there is an update on findings regarding swaying with levothyroxine meds. Does a low TSH sway pink? I got my 3 daughters being on 50µg with TSH around 1- 1,5. Thats not really low, I know but I wonder if higher TSH and less active metabolism could help in a boy sway? Def could help in gaining weight, which is kind of hard for me (lol, sounds crazy). Anyone with thoughts or experience on that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast