Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

To sway or not to sway....

Hello All,

I have one little girl, 9 months old. I was one of the rare first time TTC moms that swayed and I was so thrilled that it worked and we got our little girl. I wasn't totally opposed to a boy but really wanted our first to be a girl. Now that we are talking about when to TTC baby #2 I can't help but wonder if I want to sway and what gender I would want. I feel like knowing how the diets work I am pretty boy friendly right now but that is because I am still breastfeeding so I have to snack a lot and I eat meat a lot for the iron.

I can't decide if I want another girl or if we would want a boy and if I should sway for one vs the other. We will probably only have two kids so it is a hard decision for me. I am kinda open to a boy (scares me a bit) but then I would feel sad if my daughter didn't have a sister since my sisters are my best friends. I know having a sister doesn't guarantee they would be friends. I have 4 sisters and I am very close with 2 and not close with the other 2. Decisions...decisions....
    Last edited by GirlieCat; March 23rd, 2018 at 02:26 PM.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bless ya thats a hard decision. I cant tell you whats the right way as if u only want 2 kids, its nice to have one of each but i always feel its nice for a girl to have a sisten to share things with! The more info u know (eg diet info) the harder the decisions become!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, I can't believe your lo is already 9 month old!!!

You have such a tough decision to make, but since you really do not seam partial to a gender, I would just go with it and let whatever happens happen. That way you will not be disappointed if your sway does not work. Is that making any sense?
    me (42 ) DH (43)
    1995 (gave up for adoption)
    2005 2010 2013 (failed IG sway) July 2015 (swayed, lost his triplet siblings at 11w3d) 2017.

Swayed for our but had all . Our family is complete.

My Ovulation Chart

5. Likes GirlieCat, Pbn3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shann that's an awesome response and I totally agree! I'd just let fate decide and believe what was meant to be will be if you're open to either gender Good luck Girliecat!

DS 2012 DS 2014
    After 3 losses had DD 2018

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I would agree and probably just let destiny decide, especially when you are in two mind as to which way you would want to sway. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The case for swaying is that you can't really lose either way, no matter what. So if you have a teensy girl preference, sway,and see what happens. Or if you decide you'd prefer to try for a boy, the same - no matter how it came out in the end, you would have a family like many people dream of - be it 2 girls or BG, both of those are combinations that a lot of people really really want.

The case against swaying is that it could potentially turn a teensy preference into something that ends up messing with your head and causing gender disappointment. If you know going in that you aren't doing anything to up the odds and you could get a boy or a girl, maybe you won't get quite so invested. But by swaying, it can make a minor preference really turn into a big desire!

So, you have to ask yourself if you would have your gender preference aggravated by swaying and if it would make you feel worse if you don't end up getting the gender you sway for.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes mandyp85, Pbn3 liked this post