Thread: Low Sodium Diet

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Low Sodium Diet

Hi Ladies,
    I've been swaying loosely for 4 months now (for girl), but never focused on the lower sodium part of it.
    Now that I'm close to my first attempt at TTC, I want to incorporate this aspect of the diet. But I'm struggling with it, MAINLY because I'm one of those people that reach for a 'little' extra salt always. It doesn't help that my husband likes his food well salted as well.

For the sway, as well as overall well being, I'm trying to reduce my salt intake. BUT, how do I go about doing that?

If I salt my food lesser than usual, it tastes like cardboard. And once I started paying attention to labels, EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING we eat has salt ( bread, pasta, yogurt, milk -my califia almond milk, cheese..and depressingly goes on)

I would love any tips and suggestions from women that have successfully reduced their salt intake. I'm not going to obsessively track my sodium totals, but definitely want to try a reduction.

Thanks in advance
    Me: 29 DH: 32
    Darling[2015]
    Praying & Swaying for
    May 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of us have completely given up on that element of swaying and our results have only gone up and up since we did. It is also a big surge of "control freak" type stress right before your attempt and I think it's not the greatest idea to start doing that now. We have 16 of 18 girls conceived this year and virtually none of those people restricted sodium. I got my daughter eating tons of sodium after getting my 4th boy limiting it.

I don't even think sodium sways. It's biologically impossible and I have a full explanation in this thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...s-edition.html The ONLY reason I kept it in the mix was simply because it's possible to do while keeping with LE Diet overall, but it makes it way easier to stick with if you don't worry about that limit. Because you're right, even if you cut back on salting food, EVERYTHING has salt in it!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Heart desires pink LP thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the super quick responses. And boy (or girl), I'm happy that sodium is not important. Yay!
    Me: 29 DH: 32
    Darling[2015]
    Praying & Swaying for
    May 2018

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post