Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymachine View Post
    Not at all. I’ve heard about it, and I know it’s a thing, but they have hardly ever brought it up. My OBGYN has never commented on the number of children I have, she has only said “we will take care of the next one as well as we take care of this one” however that was 3 babies ago lol. That’s so interesting that you experience that. Weird how places are so different.

3 blue 3 pink

TTC blue!
    wow thankyou for answering, your care sounds fab! ive heard similar from US mums too, it seems its a UK thing and im starting to think it ties into our society not wanting to encourage large families. Pph talk starts out of nowhere on your 3rd pregnancy and is relentless, its like they want to try and scare you out of going for #4.
    now 6blue5pink

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it could be linked to your “kind of “labour too? Since I have quick births, they were worried about it by #2 (I mean they seee getting impatient with placenta not being out within a few minutes m but it was after 8” (which is nothing! But felt like forever given the birth was so quick lol) .. with precipitous labour’s, they worry the uterus will struggle contracting after delivering, resulting in hemorrhage. I guess the more babies, the more likely that the uterus will be “worn” and less likely to contract efficiently?
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mommy, didn’t realise you were swaying blue!
    Since you have three of each would really love to hear your thoughts on what you think really made the difference (for you) between conceptions of boys vs girls
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Mommy, didn’t realise you were swaying blue!
    Since you have three of each would really love to hear your thoughts on what you think really made the difference (for you) between conceptions of boys vs girls
    I really truly think prayer was first and foremost. Following that, I absolutely without a doubt was in a more declining maternal condition with my girls than I was with my boys. I was breastfeeding with each of them as well (actually maybe not with DD3 I can’t remember) and both DD2 and DD3 were following miscarriages in recent months. I asked my DH what he would want next and he said a boy, so this time I am swaying for him as he has swayed for me in the past, and now I am in love with the idea of another little boy. Whatever will be will be. This is my largest gap by far, DD3 will be 4 in June, and I feel it would “make sense” if it was a boy. But we will see!!!

3 blue 3 pink

TTC blue!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    I think it could be linked to your “kind of “labour too? Since I have quick births, they were worried about it by #2 (I mean they seee getting impatient with placenta not being out within a few minutes m but it was after 8” (which is nothing! But felt like forever given the birth was so quick lol) .. with precipitous labour’s, they worry the uterus will struggle contracting after delivering, resulting in hemorrhage. I guess the more babies, the more likely that the uterus will be “worn” and less likely to contract efficiently?
    i would understand it better if that was the case but they do it to everyone here as soon as you reach pregnancy #3, my first 2 werent really fast births either, #1 was over 12 hours and #2 was 4 hours. Your right 8 mins is nothing for a placenta, my quickest was with #4 at around 5 mins and then my longest was with baby #6 that took 3 hours, though tbh i thnk if id got out of the bath earlier and stood/walked about it wouldve come quicker, all were without the injection. Do they offer the injection for the placenta over there?

yes they do say that more babies=saggy uterus but when ive looked it up for myself ive seen accounts from midives who have attended lots of grand multip (over 5 births) and great-grand multip (over 10 births) women. And they all say that with no previous history of pph's, good general health and proper nutritional support during the pregnancy they rarely see pph in these women. Which makes sense, i think its a very individual risk factor but it gets treated as a one-size-fits-all thing over here.
    now 6blue5pink

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymachine View Post
    I really truly think prayer was first and foremost. Following that, I absolutely without a doubt was in a more declining maternal condition with my girls than I was with my boys. I was breastfeeding with each of them as well (actually maybe not with DD3 I can’t remember) and both DD2 and DD3 were following miscarriages in recent months. I asked my DH what he would want next and he said a boy, so this time I am swaying for him as he has swayed for me in the past, and now I am in love with the idea of another little boy. Whatever will be will be. This is my largest gap by far, DD3 will be 4 in June, and I feel it would “make sense” if it was a boy. But we will see!!!

3 blue 3 pink

TTC blue!
    Thanks for sharing !!!
    Must be nice to just be in a position of « no pressure, either will be wonderful »
    Hope you do get that little boy though

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    i would understand it better if that was the case but they do it to everyone here as soon as you reach pregnancy #3, my first 2 werent really fast births either, #1 was over 12 hours and #2 was 4 hours. Your right 8 mins is nothing for a placenta, my quickest was with #4 at around 5 mins and then my longest was with baby #6 that took 3 hours, though tbh i thnk if id got out of the bath earlier and stood/walked about it wouldve come quicker, all were without the injection. Do they offer the injection for the placenta over there?

yes they do say that more babies=saggy uterus but when ive looked it up for myself ive seen accounts from midives who have attended lots of grand multip (over 5 births) and great-grand multip (over 10 births) women. And they all say that with no previous history of pph's, good general health and proper nutritional support during the pregnancy they rarely see pph in these women. Which makes sense, i think its a very individual risk factor but it gets treated as a one-size-fits-all thing over here.
    I do think overall, yes here too you do tend to get treated as a one size fits all...probably a matter of’ hospitals’ protecting themselves from’liability!
    The oxytocin injection was standard for my three, but you can decline. Getting the placenta out was the hardest for me, felt no energy to push that floppy thing out, my uterus was too tired lol in my case, they probably were right that the risk of bleeding was higher as the births were very fast and my uterus stunned ( that being said 2 hours after birth it was below’ the pubic bone so must be not that stunned,after all it contracts like mad all’pregnancy (irritable)).
    I would have thought that with the UK offering homebirth as part of the NHS, they’d be more progressive

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213