Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emotionally bad place

Hey everyone,
    Is or was anybody else feeling emotionally bad before really swaying or ttc?
    I'm feeling bad, as if nothing works or ever will work. Don't know if something is wrong with me.
    I have a real desire for another baby but still everything stresses me. I tried to stop snacking, but it's not working the way I wanted. My cycles came back and I was so happy, but now they are longer than they were and I don't even know if I am ovulating.
    I really really want another baby but sometimes everything is already loud and chaotic with three kids.
    So many things make me sad or stresses. Don't know maybe someone has been there too? Or has encouraging words?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I think we've all been there. Kids are a lot of work and whenever we consider adding another, we can feel overwhelmed, and that's without the gender desire element of it all. It puts so much pressure on us feeling like we have a limited chance at a baby of our desired gender, it adds all this pressure that makes everyone feel miserable and trapped.

Long cycles don't mean you aren't ovulating. If you're getting your period the odds are good you're ovulating. if you give me more info about what's happening I can help explain what is going on.

RE the diet, many times we can tweak things to make the diet easier to stick to. Can you give me specifics on what you're struggling with?? 9 times out of 10 when people are having trouble with the diet it's because they are being overly hard on themselves or have a misconception about what the LE Diet even entails (it is NOT what some other people on line say it is - it's my diet and I invented it, so I am your source of all info about LE! ) I would love to help, just let me know how I can.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Lailanella. I am here with you feeling what you are feeling. really out of sorts. About a week away from my sway and my husband told me last night he’s concerned that I have situation depression. I feel so anxious about the whole thing that I feel like there is a weight sitting on my chest, physically, and where usually the feeling comes and goes it’s been here to stay the last week or so. I have kinda lost my appetite but I am continuing to eat because I’m swaying blue and it’s crucial. But yeah I don’t recognize myself lately and I’m really concerned that my nerves will sway me the other way.

It’s the biggest decision. It’s adding a life, changing the dynamic of our family, of our marriage, everything will change. Although none of that really scares me, I’m most nervous to feel that gender disappointment, that lingering feeling of sadness, those endless comments from family and friends. I just dread that

Anyway I’m so here with you. Yesterday I literally cried all day because the thought of swaying makes me so nervous and the thought of quitting makes me sad. Im so not a crier, but this is Whoa an emotional rollercoaster. I can’t say anything ever has get like this.

I think also because many of us build up our sways (in our heads)over the years, we think so long about it, it gives us hope and happiness to think we can attempt, but when it’s here it’s reality and it’s down right overwhelming.

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for the quick answer, that really helps. Too many people will just tell me 'then don't have another baby'.

Well the diet, previously I ate pretty good and healthy meals plus snacks in between and in the evening. Pretty much boy diet. 😉
    I know I still have months before I really wanted to start swaying, but well, I wanted to start everything step by step. So I stopped snacking, which went surprisingly good. But then, just because I love sweets and stuff, I started to replace a real meal with something sweet. (I did stuff like that before conceiving my dd) but I hate it. I don't even feel good doing this.
    Don't know what I should do.

My cycles so far were 35, 39 and 37 days. But I had ov pain around days 28 to 30. And ewcm for a few days before and during. Don't know. I am still breastfeeding a lot. Hope that will get better in a few months.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So are you still eating 3 meals a day??

Can you have a smaller amount of something sweet with your meal to control the craving?

Many people have what seems like O pain and EWCM about 7 days past ovulation. So they think they're ovulating then when they actually ovulated already. You can also have ovulation pain after ovulation so it may be there's more of a gap between when you're haivng symptoms Are you temping or doing OPK to see when you're ovulating (altho those aren't terribly reliable themselves)? Or it could be you're ovulating when you think, and having a short LP. Breastfeeding can reduce LP somewhat, although if you're ovulating and having 10+ LP that is still long enough to conceive with. Over time (even with breastfeeding) this should fix itself, just be sure you're not cutting back too far on diet at the same time.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    So are you still eating 3 meals a day??

Can you have a smaller amount of something sweet with your meal to control the craving?

Many people have what seems like O pain and EWCM about 7 days past ovulation. So they think they're ovulating then when they actually ovulated already. You can also have ovulation pain after ovulation so it may be there's more of a gap between when you're haivng symptoms Are you temping or doing OPK to see when you're ovulating (altho those aren't terribly reliable themselves)? Or it could be you're ovulating when you think, and having a short LP. Breastfeeding can reduce LP somewhat, although if you're ovulating and having 10+ LP that is still long enough to conceive with. Over time (even with breastfeeding) this should fix itself, just be sure you're not cutting back too far on diet at the same time.
    I am eating 2 meals most of the days. Maybe I could try eating a meal plus a small treat right after. Or more fruit, maybe that will be sweet enough. I will try to work it out. It's actually not that bad for me if I have "rules" that I can follow. I know, weird.

Ok. I didn't know that about the ov and cm. Since I have time before ttc I have time to watch if the cycles get a bit shorter or the ov pain will move. And I hope when ds2 will eat a little more solids, I will be breastfeeding him a little less.
    Thank you, I'm actually feeling a little better already.😊 It's rough sometimes when all the kids are sick.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie.Z View Post
    Hi Lailanella. I am here with you feeling what you are feeling. really out of sorts. About a week away from my sway and my husband told me last night he’s concerned that I have situation depression. I feel so anxious about the whole thing that I feel like there is a weight sitting on my chest, physically, and where usually the feeling comes and goes it’s been here to stay the last week or so. I have kinda lost my appetite but I am continuing to eat because I’m swaying blue and it’s crucial. But yeah I don’t recognize myself lately and I’m really concerned that my nerves will sway me the other way.

It’s the biggest decision. It’s adding a life, changing the dynamic of our family, of our marriage, everything will change. Although none of that really scares me, I’m most nervous to feel that gender disappointment, that lingering feeling of sadness, those endless comments from family and friends. I just dread that

Anyway I’m so here with you. Yesterday I literally cried all day because the thought of swaying makes me so nervous and the thought of quitting makes me sad. Im so not a crier, but this is Whoa an emotional rollercoaster. I can’t say anything ever has get like this.

I think also because many of us build up our sways (in our heads)over the years, we think so long about it, it gives us hope and happiness to think we can attempt, but when it’s here it’s reality and it’s down right overwhelming.
    I feel so much the same. I am sorry that it gets to you that much.

I also dread the comments. Actually I would be totally cool with getting a ds3. I'm a little scared of what people might say. I know it's dumb but still, too many people just cannot keep quiet. I think that's a big problem of gd. The people.
    You have 2 girls? I hope you get your boy, sending you all the blue dust. 😊
    You are doing great and deserve your dream gender. And in the end, I guess we all wish for a healthy baby, no matter what.
    But yeah it's so emotional. And funnily (or maybe not) my dh also said I seem depressed and maybe I should see someone for that. Maybe he is right.
    Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most people do 3 meals on LE Diet. 2 or 3 meals is equally acceptable. I always ate 3. Some people feel like they're eating all day on 3 meals and prefer 2. Either way.

I would add in one more meal (so push first meal back to 11 am or so, then still have two more meals after that). I usually ate at 10-12, then again at 4-6 pm, and then had a bedtime snack. That worked best for me. But I want you guys to stay flexible and eat the pattern that works best for you, even feeling free to vary it by the day.

I agree things will normalize after your son starts eating more solids. If he's still small do be careful with your diet - we have nursing moms eat more like 1800-2000 cals, 50-60 g protein and fat, and I would ALWAYS have a nursing mom eat 3 meals. You just can't go on two, your milk will likely suffer and additionally it can make your cycle take longer to normalize.
    Keep me posted if you need help - that's what I'm here for!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again. Yes I have two little girls. And sometimes I do feel, too, that if I ended up with three girls how cute and mushy it will be. But the endless comments weight on our already existing insecurities. It’s funny because when I talk (now) with women who have two of the same gender, and they ask, do you want a boy? I honestly say yes, of course that would be wonderful, and then throw a joke in there to lighten it up. And 100 percent of the time they start talking about how sad they felt when having their second Same gender (boy/ girl). Gender disappointment is so much more common than we can see and it’s all about our perception. It’s that picture we put into our heads of what we feel is perfect. I see a lot of women who want two girls because they have a sister, I see a lot of women (me) who want boys because they have always imagined themselves as the no drama boy mom. I now have double drama, oh the drama. Lol (but I love them so) And then there is the others who want the perfect combo of boy / girl which hey must be pretty wonderful. But I have several friends who have girl/ boy combinations and want a third child but their husbands don’t. So I’d be willing to bet that many more people then it shows, long for something they do not have
    Last edited by Katie.Z; October 26th, 2019 at 03:50 PM.

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post