Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question about seasons

Hi all!

We're slowly planning a sway for this year or next. Initially our plan was to have my IUD removed in September, begin the LE diet and exercise regime, and then wait until November to start trying to conceive (for no real reason other than that I randomly made the appointment to get my IUD removed on my dad's birthday in September, and then jokingly told him that another grandchild would soon follow). But as I was researching gender ratios and sway tactics, I came across this study: https://academic.oup.com/humrep/article/18/4/885/596606.

It looks like during March - May you're significantly more likely to conceive a girl (versus trying to conceive in the fall, in which case the odds are stacked in the favor of boys).

Is it worth it to put off trying in November or December, and instead wait until March? I know to a certain extent it's a moot point, because sometimes it can take awhile to get pregnant, but we would like to try to have all the odds in our favor when we do try.

Until we get to the action, we've been slowly incorporating some sway tactics into our lifestyle, so that when we come to actively trying, I'm not in full on swaycession mode. We're starting to delay breakfast until 11:30 am, eating vegetarian (I was one for years, until we started trying to get pregnant with our first, at which point I started wolfing down all the meat and full fat dairy.... whoops!), drinking coffee, and running daily. My husband is fully on board with everything (and will be joining me on the exercise and diet)--he's dying for a girl as well--but I think he likes the idea of waiting for longer until we try for #2. He's trying to soak in every one-on-one moment we have with our son as a toddler.

Thanks for any and all guidance!
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021
    Trying for a daughter 2023

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an essay about this here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...s-swaying.html

It is not that significant. It's interesting because it's a statistical variation that seems to stay consistent over time independent of any other factor, but if it was significant we would ALL know about it already because we would see very clear cut and obvious variations in genders born by the month. We do not see this because it's really not a very powerful effect.

Also keep in mind that we don't know how that translates to other geographical locations.

My philosophy about the seasons has always been if it works out, great, if it doesn't, no biggie, sway in other ways. FWIW I have 2 boys conceived in March, and got my daughter in November. I don't like to see you guys put too much stock into this because then people end up in a panic when they don't get pregnant in the "right" month and it's another control freakish thing people dwell on (which almost certainly sways bluer than the months do anyway).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good to me! We conceived our first born in March, and when he was born (in November), apparently he was the only boy on the floor! The nurses were telling us that it was “girl season,” which I thought was so interesting! I guess we’ll just have to see how we’re feeling. There are pros and cons to either waiting or starting sooner. Mostly, I’m just excited for another little babe in my arms!
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021
    Trying for a daughter 2023

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nurses say a lot of stuff, but I assure you, if that was a thing (where regularly by the season 99% girls were born in a geographic location) we would all know that beyond a shadow of a doubt. That type of trend would be overwhelming, undeniable, and obvious because up until only a few decades ago most people lived and died in one locatin their entire lives. And that's entirely aside from scientific studies which would have been done (there are at least two others like the Cagnacci study you listed above that seemed to disprove this effect!) The only conclusion I can draw is that this effect has to be a small one, and countered by other factors.

So above all else, do what works for you!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ