Thread: Meditation

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Meditation

Hello ladies. Weird question.
    Does anybody know if meditation would be good or bad for a pink sway? Or if it does help at all against fears? Since here are some moms of more children maybe someone does have some knowledge?
    I would appreciate every answer.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd also like to know the answer to this! I meditate every day--helps control some of my obsessive, boy-mom thought spirals
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021
    Trying for a daughter 2023

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think meditation is probably bad for a pink sway UNLESS you're able to really clear your mind and just chill for a while.

What many people call "meditation" is really "I will sit here and think about all the stuff I'm doing for my sway and how I am sure to get a baby girl because I've worked so hard." OR "I will sit here and visualize my baby girl and how wonderful it will be!" It's exactly the type of control freak activity that keeps swaying in the forefront of your mind constantly, and basically gives you a chance to think about it extra hard.

You guys are not understainding why I warn you against being control freaks. It is because I want you to not avoid swaying as this game you can win if only you do everything right. It is because I want you to try to accept that the universe is inherently uncontrollable and you can make schedules and spreadsheets but it's only that you are trying to feel in control of something uncontrollable. I DO NOT want you guys to then trade obsessing over swaying with obsessing over controlling your fears, being calm, etc. You're STILL DOING the control freak stuff! It's just taking a different form.

Please do not meditate or visualize or try to control your thoughts. Do not try to "calm down" because you end up simply getting MORE anxious over your inability to calm down. YOu are going to feel nervous, scared, anxious, because having a daughter matters to you. Acknowledge that, and then do something else, anything other than sit quietly for 20 minutes thinking about getting a daughter and how meditation is going to help that happen.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lad View Post
    I'd also like to know the answer to this! I meditate every day--helps control some of my obsessive, boy-mom thought spirals
    If you have been meditating for years and you're used to it, and are actually sitting quietly and thinking of nothing, this is fine. If you have recently started this as part of your sway and you have the feeling that every time you are doing it, you're helping your sway enormously, please stop. It IS control freakishness, just a slightly different form than testing your pH 5 times a day.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh boy. Thanks so much for your answer but I think I worded my question really wrong! I started to have fears regarding my kids and a future baby (mc, stillbirth. I know very pessimistic). And somewhere I read meditating would help to be less fearful regarding a future pregnancy or childbirth.
    I was just wondering if being more relaxed, like when drinking a glass if whine would probably be good instead of being scared.
    I wasn't thinking about the sway, that's not what scared me. Lol.
    But if you think it might contribute to being control freaky. I don't have to. To have something like a mantra would be ok? Something like "whatever happens will be good" or "god has his ways"? Sometimes a mantra is enough for me.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you - I actually get this question quite a bit and it is mostly in the form of control freakishness, where people schedule their meditation sessions and it's part of this highly organized "Relaxation 2020" project. That's the kind of thing I worry about. But if you just need to sit in silence for a while and remind yourself that whatever will be, will be, and if you understand going in that it is not going to bring you a baby girl by doing that, then I am 100% ok with that.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha, when done correctly you should really just be "in" your body, aware of your breathing, and letting thoughts pass by without dwelling on them. If I start thinking about my future babies, then I know I've really gone off track! (But I've been meditating for the last five years--I'd be really sad to stop for my sway!)
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021
    Trying for a daughter 2023

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lad View Post
    Haha, when done correctly you should really just be "in" your body, aware of your breathing, and letting thoughts pass by without dwelling on them. If I start thinking about my future babies, then I know I've really gone off track! (But I've been meditating for the last five years--I'd be really sad to stop for my sway!)
    Then this is perfectly fine and will not have the negative effects for you. It's the people who think they're somehow making themselves calm down by sitting for 10 minutes thinking obsessively about their baby girl I have concerns over.

11. Thanks lad thanked for this post