Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Eating too much for BF ?

Hi girls,

I cant stop stuffing my face with food, especially sweet food. Chocolate, muesli (granola) bars, 2 + helpings of meals. Oh dear, BF is supposed to help shed weight, but I need to eat and am slowly plumping out more. Really not keen to put on too much weight, I used to do P90X, the U.S extreme exercise program, I was fit and healthy, just dont want to keep sliding backwards, I usually BF for about 9 mths. Any ideas on how to curb the cravings before I have diabetes or heart disease ?
    I know from previous experience, if I try and diet, milk supply drops too much so my fave low carb regime is out. Please help !!

Eternally grateful Dr P, Lori and lab team !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you considered eating lots of low-GI foods to help balance out your blood sugar levels and make you feel fuller for longer? It may help curb your cravings!
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks dreamofpink, think I might find a list of low GI carbs I can eat. When I cut out the carbs, breast milk goes right down. Think if I can just dump the sugar, it will help. The cravings are a killer !!

Eternally grateful Dr P, Lori and lab team !

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't worry about dieting but try and eat all of the food groups to fill up and you'll want less sugar anyway.
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did lite and easy for a couple of months. In Australia they basically send you all ur meals and snacks so u don't have to think about what ur going to eat. U can choose ur calorie plan too. I was initially on the lowest but found it wasn't enough so upped it. They include protein, carbs, fats and some sugar so u shouldn't crave too much. I lost the extra weight I couldn't move after DS2. It's fairly expensive but very convenient
    Mummy to 2 wonderful little boys

Cycle #1 HRC- Aug 2013- Long lupron. 11 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fertilised. 8 biopsied day 5 acgh/day 6 fresh transfer. 5 normals- 4 XX, 1 XY- transferred grade A, fully hatched XX. BFP 4 dpt. 1st beta 9dpt 199, 2nd beta 14dpt dropped 46, 3rd beta 24- CHEMICAL!!!

Cycle # 2- FET- Dec 2013- cancelled due to late ovulation

Cycle #3- FET- Jan 2013-transferred 1 fully hatched grade AA blast- BFP 4dpt, 1st beta 9dpt 678, 2nd beta 12dpt 3195, 3rd beta 25dpt 56,000- 1 HB seen at 6 weeks, 7 weeks and 10 weeks!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my experience my body just really wants to hang on to the weight when BF until a certain point at which it goes flying off and that has been different for every kiddo. I can't diet either when BF or the milk goes almost right away. is there any way to add in a bit of exercise? that is what has helped me before, I still eat like a horse but at least some of it's going into muscle.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you have to diet.
    Skip the white carbs, eat fruit in between with a few nuts, eat whole grains to prevent your blood sugar from fluctuating too much.

Don't eat starchy foods after 6pm and avoid milk. Yoghurt (without anything added) is fine. Be moderate with cheese.

Remember, refined sugars are addictive! Skip them for a few days and you'll expercience you feel much better without them. I was craving them myself untill three days ago. I started to eat like i wrote above and i have no cravings anymore niw, feeling more energized and not bloated.

Low carb will indeed kill the BF, but if you get your carbs from whole grains, fruits and vegetables you're eating healthy!

Good luck!!
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested in this also!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree with Bigwish.
    I've always found it easy to lose weight while bf. In fact, thats when I'm the thinnest ever (whenever i stop i slowly put on 5-10 and can never lose it).
    You have to cut sugars and sweets. If you eat carbs, stick to healthy whole grain carbs (whole wheat breads/wraps, sweet potatoes etc) and eat few portions earlier in the day.
    The key to losing weight and keeping your milk supply up is Up your protein and healthy fats A LOT and you'll shed weight faster!
    I would eat cottage cheese and avocados; berries with Greek yogurt, salads with grilled salmon and walnuts, turkey wraps with hummus, red pepper and cucumber, always eggs for breakfast on a low carb whole wheat wrap.
    Guarantee u eat like that u'll lose weight and not your milk.
    With ds1 i lost 35 lbs in 3 months (i gained the most with him); ds2 I was 10 lbs less 3 months after I delivered than I was before even getting pregnant; & ds3 i too was 15 lbs less than my pre pregnancy weight 6 months after delivering.
    The key is healthy fats, lots of protein and limit carbs to a few healthy servings daily. The less you cheat the faster it falls off.
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, I know easier said than done though.
    Some women are carb addicts and that makes it much harder. I'm definitely not, which is probably why I have all boys...
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast