Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best exercises for toning?

My baby is a year old and I've lost all the baby weight and some extra. But I still have a pooch and just not happy with how I look. I had two babies 2.5 years apart and I'm now 39 years old. I was always a naturally thin person but gaining and losing all that weight twice has taken a toll. I've never really done much exercise apart from lots of walking but don't even do that anymore. Any tips?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Give up?? LOL. Pooches happen after 2 kids and in our late 30's.

Seriously, I love Tae Bo, it's fun and you get a whole workout all in one. It can be a littel challenging at first but just slow down the moves and eventually you'll catch on to it and can speed up.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is extremely hard to get rid of the pooch. I lost 35 pounds and was down to 21 bmi and still had a dang pooch. I am not even 30 btw so apparently age doesnt matter! I do know people who lost theirs but doing extensive toning exercise all over their bodies for over 6 months. You cant focus on just your abs...do your butt and legs as well.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

4. Thanks pink_bean thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best exercises for toning?

I always had a pooch, because I have a retroverted uterus (like a slide). It wasn't until I began to workout to DVDs that I was able to get rid of it before getting pregnant a couple of months ago!

I did Jillian Michaels body revolution, Shaun T's Focus T25, and Tony Horton's P90X3. I had the flattest, most toned abs ever! I honestly was in the best shape of my life! It's something about doing high intensity interval training (HIIT) that did it for me. I was once told by a former GP that I would never lose the pooch. Lies! It can be done!

Oh and I am not a Beach Body coach, I just really LOVE Beach Body and anything of Jillian Michaels work outs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, I must try that XX! I too have a retroverted uterus and have always had a pot belly, even though I haven't had kids yet. It's just genetics and exacerbated by my scoliosis compressing my torso so much. But since my lipo last Nov my stomach is almost flat (still have a bit right above my belly button & a roll from my scoliosis unless lying down) and it is infintely better. Seriously the 3rd best decision I've made in my life, I only wish I'd done it sooner/younger, as the skin responds better. I'll likely need a tuck to deal with extra skin after I'm done having kids. But I can't recommend it enough, I'm soooo happy with my results after a lifetime of hating my belly. If you can afford it, get it! I started a whole thread about my lipo if you're interested. I'll try to update with pics soon.
    Last edited by maidentomother; June 2nd, 2015 at 12:39 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

7. Likes atomic sagebrush, hbcd123 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also have a retroverted uterus...one of the worst my docs have seen...they couldn't even locate my cervix last time. Lmao. Maybe that is why i have such a hard time with my belly pooch!!!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

9. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Seriously girls, I had a bad pooch! Plus, I too have severe scoliosis and lordosis! My pooch was GONE! I do eat clean, but let's face it, as a mom of two children under 5 I could improve my diet too! It was the change in exercise for me. After I deliver and am cleared to workout, I'm going to start with I had previously listed and then do Insanity Max30 (it's Insanity but only 30 min!) and Jillian Michaels new DVD set!

I need 30min or less, because my life requires it! Trust me girls, you will love the results!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha me too (bad just like yours Rosie - they can't find my cervix) and also had a pot belly even before kids. I remember being really embarrased in softball in school because the uniforms were so unflattering on me and everyone else just had this perfect flat stomach. Geez I feel like you guys discovered something!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Likes XXforhubby, maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just never put two and two together that it would cause that! I am so nervous because during pregnancy by 20 weeks i was told it should correct itself and be a normal uterus...haha. however at my 20 week scan...nope it is still super retroverted. Can i give birth like this?! Hopefully it pulls forward by labor time.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rosie- it never bothered me! My cervix is apparently back where the bowel is! That's why I always spot or have brown discharge after a big or hard BM (Sorry, TMI!)! It makes delivery easy for me, because my cervix pulls out and down. It's painful getting to transition, but them I'm home free!!!

Yeah, seriously try those workouts! I wish I took before and after photos. My DH was like, "OMG, you've never looked this good"! It made me smile when HE started to those workouts too!

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast