Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Give me some good tips!

Ok so I waited for someone to post here but nothing...Im not after baby so I hope it's ok to post anyway. Im after ttc blue and fat! Lost 6lbs (only!!!) and now Im stuck . Just nothing happening and I really need to loos a lot more.
    I walk on the treadmill almost every day.And do Zumba (when I have time for this) I eat way less then before.

What else to do?? I read that celery can help loose weight so I start eating that today...don't really like it but well see.

I really feel good about not ttc and not having kids anymore. We are looking forward to big kids no diaper ect. But I hate to be this big , I always been very small and so I don't feel good like this because this is not me.
    So any good tips?? (and where is Lola??)

Also sorry I don't post much anymore but this forum is really not for me ....I send lot's of baby dust to all!
    XXX
    Last edited by Flava; December 10th, 2011 at 11:02 AM.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Flava! I'm glad to hear you're in a good place

Besides the LE diet, when I've lost weight in the past it has been on the Slimming World plan - which is really just healthy eating. By that I mean lots of fruit and veg and meals made with fresh ingredients (not ready meals or pre-prepared sauces etc.) - with some meat or fish and carbohydrate if you like that. Fruit for snacks between meals if hungry and limited treats. I would try to make sure you're not eating too little (which I've found can actually stop me losing weight) and that you eat enough to fill you up - you don't need to be hungry to lose weight! I would also limit bread and cereal and try to stick to wholemeal/wholegrain if you can.

It can also help to zig-zag your calories - basically eat more some days and less others to keep your body second guessing, otherwise your body will naturally try to stay the same at whatever level of calories it's got used to.

What meals do you usually eat together as a family? I may be able to find you some healthy alternatives of those meals in one of my many recipe books!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PS - love your new siggy
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say a healthy diet of 6-8oz of lean protein, 8-12cps of rich healthy fruits and veggies, very low or no carbs, and water water water. I noticed I didn't loose much weight at first but I heard that people who eat a high sodium and sugar diet tend to loose weight slowly. It can take up to 4mths for it to be out of your system. Also salts and sugars slow your digestion so they need to go 100%.

The richer colored produce will help you to stay healthy while loosing and you will not need to take any vitamins. Becareful with over doing the dark greens because they can affect calcium absorbsion. Balance the colors 5 different colors a day, a fun game to play with toddlers. DS1 loves to eat a "rainbow" for lunch, laying fruits and veggies in a rainbow, the only way he eats them.

People who are trying to lean out need extra protein so eat plenty of eggs, beans, and lean meat. Body builders eat a ton of protein and they have very little fat.

Try to avoid breads and such until you are closer to your weight goal, they take longer to digest so your body will not burn much fat if it has to digest something else. A little rice or pasta wont hurt but stick to 1 serving a day.

When you are loosing weight your body will store it's fat, HGC extract is said to help your body to loose it. Just don't take a preg test because it will be pos and also no unprotected relations because it can boost fertility (bigtime). My Hubby is starting the HGC Diet in Jan with our Naturalist help. There are sites on it but they say 500cals a day hubbies Dr is having him on a 1200 cal diet with 8oz protein and 10-12cps of fruits and veggies. It has worked for several people we know who lost anywhere from 40-120lbs. I am going to start it in Jan if no bfp this month, I will wait until after March to try again.... HGC is the hormone your body sends out to tell your fat to go feed the baby.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey Z! Thanks
    I guess I try the zig-zag thing. But only little zigs lol Actually I really feel bad only about my weight so I just must loose it.
    I don't eat treats or cereal or bread or candy or fast food ect. We eat dinner together and for sure I would love to have a low fat carb whatever low everything recipe lol.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    PS - love your new siggy
    awww thanks me too!
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    purple! Thanks for the tips! I sure have to drink more . Usually I eat salad with 1 boiled egg in it for lunch and from the dinner I only eat some meat and some veggies that's it. 9so no rice , potato ect.)
    I also eat joghurt , fruit , in a day time. But no way 8-12 cups that's way to much for me.
    Finally lost 1 more lbs.
    +1

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it really depends on your body composition as to what works for you but for me, sugar and sodium are the two big no-nos. Even diet coke has a ton of sodium so it's not something that I would drink even though it is diet.

I think you have to eat small portions and often throughout the day and try to fill up on the nothings like salad. Watch anything that breaks down into sugar like bread, potatoes and if you can eat protein at each meal- like 5 times a day of small meals, I think that keeps your metabolism going. It's all about portion control and not starving yourself so you don't binge at some point. Lots of lemon water to keep things moving and you need to exercise at least 30 minutes a day to give yourself a real chance. Zumba is fun but it does nothing for me. Running is the best way for me to lose weight but I hate it!

If you ever watch The Biggest Loser, you know it is impossible to not lose weight if you eat right and exercise! It sounds like you are ready to get after it! Good luck!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!
    The thing is I can't eat 5 times a day or I will not loose weight. I know because I did it before. Loosing weight only works for me if I eat very little. I tried lots of different things before and just no use. It's like all the food sticks on me.
    Anyway getting tired of zumba too...I don't thing it helps at all. I hang on the treadmill when I can. Not much time for it...but lost another lbs...wish it would go faster but happy for this too.
    Since I stoped ttc I drink a whole lot of coffee no clue why.Hope it's ok.
    yeah and started on diet pepsi again...but I just have to drink something tired of water and tea and not a big fan of juice.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Flava, I remember how hard I had to work to lose the baby weight both times....it was not easy and not instant. I was always a slim size 4/6, could eat whatever I wanted until....BAM, pregnant with #1. That's when my metabolism changed completely, and I was only 26. Anyway, after I had her, it took me a good year to get that extra 30lb off (even with nursing). I had to go to the gym like 4-5 times a week and do a good 30 minutes of concentrated weight lifting and then a good 30 minutes of hard-core cardio. I remember it taking a year after nursing stopped. I was in awesome shape when I got pg with #2, and I continued to work out a lot during my whole pregnancy. I thought it would give me an edge with the weight loss post-baby. Well, even though I ate very obsessively and well and worked out a a lot, I still gained the same 40lbs and still looked like a whale until she weaned from the boob. And then, it took me a year to lose the rest with the same hard core working out.

SO, my main point is that it may take a while. You really have to jump start your body with taking in way less calories while being sure to nourish yourself, and burning a good amount of them at the gym. Stick with it....I remember getting really discouraged, thinking it would take a few weeks and I'd see my clothes be way loose, but it took longer.

For me, right now, I don't have time with work and family to go to the gym, which is something I need to change very soon.....I am going to have to negotiate something with my boss so that I can come in later in the morning or take a long lunch break, because I just can't go after about 3pm, too tired. But I can't lose weight well until I am burning it off also.

You can do it!!! All of the above advice is great!

Purple, I had a couple of friends who did the HCG diet and lost weight fast, but they felt really, really bad during the 500 cal part and they honestly looked really bad also, like they were starving, just no color to the skin and such. But they were starving themselves, so to speak. Anyway, I am interested to see how your hubby fares!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast