Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same thing happened to me after DS3. From what my midwife told me & what I've read, the only real solution is surgery. I do think I'll do it one day, when I'm done having kids. I'm skinny, & it really sucks to have a big stomach sticking out. It looks like I just never lost all the baby weight, but I did - the tummy just can't be fixed.
    (6/02) (1/04) (3/06) (11/10)
    TTC one more girl to complete our family!
    All cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans:
    1st - 3rd IUI with sperm sort & Follistim: BFN
    4th IUI + sperm sort, Follistim & Menopur ~ IUI done 2/27/2012 ~ BFP on 3/8/2012!!
    Twins seen on early u/s, but Baby B wasn't viable. Baby A looks great, though!
    Amniocentesis & Ultrasounds at 13.5 weeks & 15 weeks confirmed GIRL!!

Lily Katherine is here!! Born on 11/15/12, 9 lb 8 oz.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkash View Post
    Same thing happened to me after DS3. From what my midwife told me & what I've read, the only real solution is surgery. I do think I'll do it one day, when I'm done having kids. I'm skinny, & it really sucks to have a big stomach sticking out. It looks like I just never lost all the baby weight, but I did - the tummy just can't be fixed.
    Exactly! And with my protruding belly button, I know some people might wonder if I am pregnant if I don't watch my posture or wear something too fitting. I wear a zero but my belly is not at all. Nothing seems to matter as far as exercise and I've gone to eating salads for a week to see if starvation made a difference. I did lose weight but nothing in my belly!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What about sedation and recovery? Are you fully out and intibated? What about lifting afterwards? DS is only 17 months so it doesn't sound realistic at this point.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the surgery has a pretty serious recovery. Not something I'd do with very young kids. I don't think I could do it until they were all old enough to not need to be picked up at all, maybe 4 or 5 years?
    (6/02) (1/04) (3/06) (11/10)
    TTC one more girl to complete our family!
    All cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans:
    1st - 3rd IUI with sperm sort & Follistim: BFN
    4th IUI + sperm sort, Follistim & Menopur ~ IUI done 2/27/2012 ~ BFP on 3/8/2012!!
    Twins seen on early u/s, but Baby B wasn't viable. Baby A looks great, though!
    Amniocentesis & Ultrasounds at 13.5 weeks & 15 weeks confirmed GIRL!!

Lily Katherine is here!! Born on 11/15/12, 9 lb 8 oz.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was told it requires a general anaesthetic so fully sedated. 5-7 days in hospital and have to take care with lifting/driving etc for a few wks afterwards. Much like with a c-section.
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MatildaMai View Post
    I was told it requires a general anaesthetic so fully sedated. 5-7 days in hospital and have to take care with lifting/driving etc for a few wks afterwards. Much like with a c-section.
    Well, if that's the case I guess I'll have to live with my pot belly. No way could I get away with that kind of downtime. I cannot even get to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My sister had her abs done, tummy tuck ("mini tummy tuck") and a boob job and was home the same day. The recovery was hard, and she said it hurt to laugh for a really long time. But she was really happy with the results!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been reading and reading all the wonderful insite provided by this forum and the wonderful women that post.
    I am starting my ivf pgd journey very very soon with Dr Potter.

I wanted to offer my advice and info regarding your tummy. I am a patient coordinator for a plastic surgeon in Newport Beach and been in the business for over 7 years..... so what you are feeling is a diastasis recti. Which is where the center of the abdominal wall was stretch open to accomodate your pregnancy. If the separation is above the belly button it requires a longer incision to be able to address that area. Most patient will remove any loose skin at the same time. Basically the surgeon does a corsetting shoelace type suture down the abdominal wall the pull everything nice and tight again. The results are amazing, but yes the incision is the trade off. In most cases, surgery is the only fix for the separation. And no insurance won't cover the diastasis recti repair. They consider it "Cosmetic".

There at some surgeons offering an endoscopic tummy repair to minimize the incision length in the cases where the women to not have alot of loose skin or stretch marks. Each women is different so therefore the incision varies.

I hope this helps. Please feel to ask any questions. I'll share anything I can

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    O and....
    Surgery is out patient. Either general or mac anes depending on location and surgeon. You go home after surgery, no hospital stay. Some patients choose to go to a recovery retreat if they don't have help at home. For the first week activity will be very restricted. Walking hunched over like a grandma. Slowly you will be able to stand up and stretch out. After 2 weeks you will be able to get back into normal routine. No working out for 4 weeks.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't read all the replies so I'm not sure if it has been mentioned but there is an exercise called the Tuppler technique which can improve and in some cases fix the diastasis. If you google it there is heaps of info. Skrimpy knows alot about it so you could PM her as well.
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast