Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLE View Post
    O and....
    Surgery is out patient. Either general or mac anes depending on location and surgeon. You go home after surgery, no hospital stay. Some patients choose to go to a recovery retreat if they don't have help at home. For the first week activity will be very restricted. Walking hunched over like a grandma. Slowly you will be able to stand up and stretch out. After 2 weeks you will be able to get back into normal routine. No working out for 4 weeks.
    Thank you so much for posting. I was afraid it was too significant to be able to pull off. I think I have already spent enough time focusing on what I want anyway in this life so I guess I will just invest in a good girdle. Thank you for the info so I didn't waste anytime on getting a consult. My separation extends all the way up to the bottom of my rib cage. Sounds like that would make things even worse from a recovery perspective.

At least I can just not bother with the working out now! I don't have the energy for it these days anyway.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Well, if that's the case I guess I'll have to live with my pot belly. No way could I get away with that kind of downtime. I cannot even get to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned.
    Hah!! NBP- me too!! All of it!! I'm 114 lbs, pretty flat stomach except for my lower abs AND my enormous herniated belly button. It looks disgusting! I actually did see a surgeon about it and like PP said, recovery is much like a c section. And I can't ever find time to get my teeth cleaned either!!
    Proud Mom to my gorgeous 2008, and 2010. Lights of my life!!

Pretesting "normal". FSH 7.5

Cycle 1: HRC Feb 10 2012
    Started off slow on 225 Gonal F, 1 Meno; increased to 300 Gonal F and over responded. 27 eggs received, 19 mature, 15 fert, only 8 to GSN, all terrible quality- only one normal XY. NT. Boo.

Cycle 2: HRC May 2012
    Took DHEA (only 25-50 mg/day), royal jelly, bee propolis, CoQ10. Antagonist cycle with growth hormone. Started off with 300 Gonal-F and quickly moved down to 150 Gonal-F and rode it out. 43 eggs, 35 mature, 30 fert, 9 to Day 5 GSN, 1 normal XY and two normal XX. Froze all.
    July 2012 - FET at HRC, transferred 1 XX expanding blast. ???

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Thank you so much for posting. I was afraid it was too significant to be able to pull off. I think I have already spent enough time focusing on what I want anyway in this life so I guess I will just invest in a good girdle. Thank you for the info so I didn't waste anytime on getting a consult. My separation extends all the way up to the bottom of my rib cage. Sounds like that would make things even worse from a recovery perspective.

At least I can just not bother with the working out now! I don't have the energy for it these days anyway.
    I do not know if this will help because my problem was a different. After my 1st cesarean, I felt my belly was ruined because it looked like I had a tight belt on with the belly coming out. I had with my 1st pregnancy lost all the weight in 6 months (unlike now LOL). Anyway no matter what I wore even regular jeans I had a buldge. It upset me so much because I was aready so destroyed from having a cesarean.

So I went to a few plastic surgeons back then and this one PS I found said he can do a scar revision and some lipo just to get the area flatter. It was not really tightened. It was like a mini, mini, mini little tuck.

I know that you did not have a cesarean.

So liposuction alone may be something that can work. I am not sure because I do not really know what your belly looks like and what exactly you want to fix and how you want it to look.

But my recovery was minimal and my daughter was very young. I had maybe a few days of help and that was it. But back then I only had one child.

I know even really thin people that are like a size 1, zero etc. can still get that belly thing after pregnancies.

After I had the procedure done after my other 2 pregnancies after I loose all the weight I do not have the protruding belly. But right now I cannot seem to get this last 10 pounds off and it makes me depressed and get out less along with the GD. Anyway that is off the subject LOL.

But anyway thought I would share this and I hope it helps.

Maybe just a little lipo? Not sure.
    2003 2006 May 2010 (My VBA2C baby)

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you NY for the suggestion. I am sure I could benefit from some lipo! I do want my belly button fixed so I will at least look into that.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ladies have you heard of Julie Tupler's program? The separation is called a diastasis recti and Julie has developed a method to repair it without surgery. I have been following her program and it has made a massively huge difference for me! I had a 4+ finger-width diastasis and it is now down to around a 1!!! My belly looks almost like the washboard it was before I got pg with DD1!!! DH keeps on telling me how fantastic I look

I would strongly recommend you look into Julie's program... http://diastasisrehab.com/ ...before considering surgery. At least I knew I did not want to resort to surgery. I was in so much pain after Honor was born b/c of my separation, though, which is why I went looking into alternatives.
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skrimpy View Post
    Ladies have you heard of Julie Tupler's program? The separation is called a diastasis recti and Julie has developed a method to repair it without surgery. I have been following her program and it has made a massively huge difference for me! I had a 4+ finger-width diastasis and it is now down to around a 1!!! My belly looks almost like the washboard it was before I got pg with DD1!!! DH keeps on telling me how fantastic I look

I would strongly recommend you look into Julie's program... Diastasis Rehab - The Tupler Technique for Treating a Diastasis Recti ...before considering surgery. At least I knew I did not want to resort to surgery. I was in so much pain after Honor was born b/c of my separation, though, which is why I went looking into alternatives.
    Are you just wearing that band or doing exercises? What is "the program"?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are exercises that you do, she has a little guidebook that breaks up what you do every week. The exercises are easy to fit into your day. Julie recommends you wear the splint because it pulls the separated muscles together again and makes the exercises more effective. It also protects your muscles during day to day activities.

Here is one of my blog posts about using the Tupler technique: http://blog.naturalbirthandbabycare....-and-noticing/

I need to do an update on how it has gone for me because I haven't done one in ages. Plus they have totally redesigned the splint and it's much better now.

I will not sugar-cost it for you gals, it has been a lot of work and the splints (old and new) haven't been a joy to wear. But the results are unmistakable and I feel so much better about myself. Plus, no more pain. Now that I have lost so much baby weight from Honor I am hoping I will be able to completely get that washboard tummy back... Something I never thought I'd say after five babies! I will keep doing the Tuplers if we are able to get pg again, too... My hope is that my next pregnancy will be much less painful than Honor's.

So it's a lot of work, but way better than surgery IMO...

Here's another good blog to check out, this is one of the certified trainer's blogs: http://www.beautifulafterthebelly.blogspot.com/
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Thanks. I'll give it a try. Surgery isn't an option and if this helps it will be great. Thank you!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Skrimpy, I am glad you posted this! I would LOVE to try this after we have our last baby. I can't afford surgery, as much as I would love to do it--I need a tummy tuck and a hernia repair, but I think it will cost about 10K with the ab repair as well, which is just not feasible for us. So I will be giving this method a try.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    Skrimpy, I am glad you posted this! I would LOVE to try this after we have our last baby. I can't afford surgery, as much as I would love to do it--I need a tummy tuck and a hernia repair, but I think it will cost about 10K with the ab repair as well, which is just not feasible for us. So I will be giving this method a try.
    I'll be happy to pass the splint and dvd along when I am done!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast