Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Separated Ab Muscles

Anyone else have that? A vertical separation of your abdominal muscles? When I lie on my back and raise my head off the ground, I have a 1 1/2 inch gap between my Ab walls that I can stick my hand down in. It's gross. I don't think they are going back. I am under 120 Lbs now and I've been working out for over a year.

Is surgery my only option? Anyone else deal with this?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes both myself and sister.my sister had an eight finger separation which she went to physio forto strengthen the muscles but the timmy sticking out never goes back no matter what you do.she had a tummy tuck and now looks 16!!! I'm next

Eternally grateful Dr P, Lori and lab team !

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me too. I'm about 130lbs and still have a four / five finger separation from my twin pregnancy. My physio sent me to see a surgeon as I have back / disc problems. He said the only way I'll ever improve and have less back pain / more mobility is to have the surgery so that my back has some abdominal support. Am hoping that because of my back issues I will be able to get some of it covered on insurance as its generally considered a cosmetic procedure here.
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i get that too, one thing that helps is to use one of those support band things around your middle after baby is born, it pulls everything back in and helps the muscles rejoin properly.

thats why the they use to wrap their tummys 100 years ago.

there are a few yoga things etc that can help to pull them back together, but it takes a long time and alot of dedication, and i dont think it will get rid of it completley.

if you are after a quick fix, then surgery is the only real answer, which involves cutting you open and stitching the muscles back together, but if you are planning more children, it would be a waste of time, as they would just seperate again with the pregnancy
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly.you have to be completely finished your child bearing.
    M it is covered in oz after kids as it's called reconstruction. So half off.
    Physio does help but if you have a tummy that sticks out bad like mine, then it won't go flat again.bummer

Eternally grateful Dr P, Lori and lab team !

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend of mine had the same thing and recently had surgery to fix it and she looks and feels great!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is awful. I look pregnant all the time. Seriously. Plus I have a herniated belly button. I have looked into surgery, but only the hernia is covered by insurance, so I need to do some serious saving for the rest. I also need a tummy tuck.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But can you just sew up the abs and not cut any skin off? I don't think I have that much excess and I don't want that huge scar.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the belly button thing too
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My sister had a "mini tummy tuck" with her ab repair. She really didn't need anything tucked--and her abs were not that bad. But she has a scar way down low, under the bikini area, like they do with a C-sect.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast