Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

19 months postpartum and can't shed the weight

I haven't been on here in so long but I am so lost as to how to lose this baby weight! I am 30 pounds heavier than I was when I got pregnant with her.
    I had a successful pink sway in 2021. I have two older sons and after each of them the weight flew off of me (and then some!). Now, after having my daughter I cannot lose the weight. I'm trying to do the low everything diet because it was so successful for me but the weight just isn't budging. If anyone has any advice I will happily and gladly take it. I feel like my hormones are out of whack, or maybe my insulin resistance is bad. I exercise 3-4 times a week (peloton for at least 30 mins and lots of walking), in addition to my usual running around with the kids. My husband recently lost 40 pounds with the same exercise/dietary lifestyle as myself and I just feel so frustrated with my body and myself.

If you read my entire vent I appreciate it and if anyone has any advice as to how to lose this weight I am all ears. Thank you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know for health reasons it's better to stay a healthy weight. I am unsure what category you would be in but I hope you are not too hard on yourself. You are still a beautiful mother in the eyes of your children. I wish you the body that you long for, but i have no advice sorry
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush, babygirlwishing thanked for this post
    Likes Ttc-blue liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you breastfeeding??

Which form of LE Diet are you doing?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks babygirlwishing thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic,

I had purchased a plan from you (no longer have access to it so am doing based off of memory) for LE PCOS since we had discussed that I might be a bit insulin resistant.
    I am not breastfeeding.
    I have an appointment with my dr on the 29 and I'm going to ask for a blood panel. I also have a mirena IUD and I just *feel* like my hormones are out of whack. I don't know if anything will show up on the labs though.
    My BMI is currently ~27. I exercise for an hour at least 4-5 days a week. I feel like I'm always hungry --- sorry for the rant just getting so frustrated with my body lately!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Babygirlwishing, I still have your plan. Email me at atomicsagebrush@gmail.com and I'll send it to you!

So what we should do, if you're not actively swaying, is boost that protein intake up a bit. Instead of following LE Diet guidelines for the alternate diet, which is 50-60 g protein and fat, let's boost to more like 80 g protein with the same calorie intake. Fat can be more like 70 g. Same number of calories. This will effectively cut carbs without you having to count them or think about them at all. Then use whole grains, fruit, and veg for the rest of your calorie intake, avoid sugar, and keep exercising. The higher protein and fat intake will help keep you feeling full longer and the lower carb intake will help regulate any possible blood sugar issues.

The Mirena can make it harder to lose weight (this has been shown in studies, even though some doctors deny this and it's not listed as an official side effect) Additionally, there is a close interplay between blood sugar and hormones, so there may be something going on with your hormones if your blood sugar is staying too high. I think that if you start eating a little higher protein you'll see some changes!

8. Likes treens liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The advice from atomic sounds great! Keep exercising and keep trying. Sometimes the weight tends to plateau. But you'll eventually see changes if you keep at it!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't been on in so long but I am so thankful for this information! I have been at a loss as to how to do a re-set with my hormones (and I really do think it has something to do with the hormones/Mirena). Thank you! I will e-mail you for the plan!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if this would help but have you heard of intermittent fasting? Maybe your body would respond to it positively.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello! Yes I have done intermittent fasting for years. It worked well after my two sons but after my baby girl it doesn't seem to be working all that well.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirlwishing View Post
    Hello! Yes I have done intermittent fasting for years. It worked well after my two sons but after my baby girl it doesn't seem to be working all that well.
    How are you getting along now, BGW??