DO NOT TAKE ANY SUPPLEMENT/HERB/DRINK WITHOUT NOTIFYING YOUR DOCTOR FIRST
This is a general list but by no means a recommended list of what to take before IVF.
Generally, it is fine to take a prenatal and folic acid but anything beyond that, you need to consult with your doctor first.
- Baby aspirin – helps increase blood flow to the uterus
- Bee pollen – good explanation HERE. THIS is a good brand to get but if you can’t stand the taste it is okay to get the capsules.
- Blue-green algae – Contains chlorophyll, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. Strengthens pituitary gland. There are two types—Chlorella (from freshwater) and Spirulina (from saltwater)
- Vitamin C – is an antioxidant that helps prevent free-radical damage to cell mitochondria.
- Cayenne – Increases blood flow in the body and in the uterus. Sprinkle on your food leading up to transfer.
- Coenzyme Q-10 (COQ-10) – Helps support and improve mitochondrial (powerhouse of cells) function. During aging, the mitochondrial DNA is damaged by free radicals in our system contributing to poor egg quality occurring with aging. Take 200mg per day.
- DHEA – is a hormone building block that decreases with aging. It can be used in place of growth hormone to help the ovaries respond. Take 75mg per day for about 4 months prior to your IVF cycle for best results. For more information on DHEA CLICK HERE.
**Note** Women with elevated male hormones should not take DHEA.
- Vitamin E – is an antioxidant that helps prevent free radical damage to mitochondria (in cells). Take 400IU once a day.
- Folic acid – important for cell division. It also can help prevent spinal bifida and other neural tube defects. Take as much of this as you can, if your body doesn’t need it then it will be eliminated through your urine. For sure take more than 800mcg and up to 5mg
- L’arginine – Improves bloodflow to the pelvic organs. In a study, this amino acid was found to increase ovarian response, endometrail receptivity, and pregnancy rates in IVF patients.
- Vitamin B6. For pituitary gland. It is known for helping to normalize hormone levels which in turn helps to lengthen the luteal phase and to minimize PMS and morning sickness.
- Pycnogenol (or oligomeric proanthocyanidins) – is a super-antioxidant that helps prevent free-radical damage to cell mitochondria. This also helps with sperm quality! Good article HERE. List of places to buy it from HERE.
- Reservatrol – Another antioxidant to help with egg quality and sperm quality.
- Royal jelly – with Bee Pollen can improve or eliminate menstrual problems. Contains high amounts of amino acids, vitamins, and enzymes. Considered to be the queen bee’s equivalent of fertility drugs. A good explanation HERE. THIS is a good brand to get but if you can’t stand the taste it is okay to get the capsules.
- Selenium – an antioxidant that helps prevent free-radical damage to cell mitochondria.
- Wheatgrass – helps the cervical mucus and uterus have the right ph balance needed for conception and implantation. Can help restore hormonal functioning.
- Cayenne Pepper-
Key Health Benefits of Cayenne Peppers
• This herb is a great food for the circulatory system in that it feeds the necessary elements into the cell structure of the arteries, veins and capillaries so that these regain the elasticity of youth again, and the blood pressure adjusts itself to normal. It rebuilds the tissue in the stomach and heals the stomach and intestinal ulcers; in equalizing the blood circulation, Cayenne produces natural warmth in your body; and in stimulating the peristaltic motion of the intestines, it aids in assimilation and elimination.
• Cayenne regulates the flow of blood from the head to the feet so that the pressure is equalized; it influences the heart immediately, then gradually extends its effects to the arteries, capillaries, and nerves (the frequency of the pulse is not increased, but is given more vigor).
• Human circulation; it is warming; dilating; specific for varicose veins; equalizes the blood pressure in the arterial and venous system; equalizes blood pressure instantly actually.
• Cayenne is useful in alleviating allergies, muscle cramp, improving digestion, gives more pep and energy, and helps wound healing with minimal scar tissue.
• Cayenne is a counter-irritant; it brings blood to the surface and allows the toxins to be taken away.
And a fantastic book about hormone balance…