Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dollar Store tests versus FRER and other expensive tests

Anyone had any experiences with dollar store tests showing *something* before a FRER? I have always thought FRER were the best, but I have heard from various ppl that they had better experiences with cheap tests? Any truth to it?
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently got a BFP and used some FRERs and just some generic drug store brands. I think the generics worked better!!
    Proud Mom to my gorgeous 2008, and 2010. Lights of my life!!

Pretesting "normal". FSH 7.5

Cycle 1: HRC Feb 10 2012
    Started off slow on 225 Gonal F, 1 Meno; increased to 300 Gonal F and over responded. 27 eggs received, 19 mature, 15 fert, only 8 to GSN, all terrible quality- only one normal XY. NT. Boo.

Cycle 2: HRC May 2012
    Took DHEA (only 25-50 mg/day), royal jelly, bee propolis, CoQ10. Antagonist cycle with growth hormone. Started off with 300 Gonal-F and quickly moved down to 150 Gonal-F and rode it out. 43 eggs, 35 mature, 30 fert, 9 to Day 5 GSN, 1 normal XY and two normal XX. Froze all.
    July 2012 - FET at HRC, transferred 1 XX expanding blast. ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the feedback! It seems like I have heard a lof of ppl not getting as early results with FRER lately. I wonder if it had anything to do with the change in design?
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So...what about internet cheapies? Are they showing + earlier than FRER too?
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to come back and update in case anyone else has this question!

Yes...apparently dollar store tests and IC pick up a BFP before a FRER!!! I got a faint + on IC at 8 DPO and at 9 DPO got a faint, but obvious line on FRER. Then at 10DPO I got a "pregnant" on a clearblue digital (got a not pregnant on 9 DPO), the FRER looked the same as 9 DPO, and then at 11 DPO I got a really strong BFP on FRER.

Yep...full on POAS addict!!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NC I can tell you by my experience...which was only once, lol that the dollar store does pick up before FRER. With my son I purchased a $tree test just because I didn't really think I was pregnant. Well I took that baby and sure enough...the line was clear as day. I was shocked beyond belief so I ran back out and purchased a FRER and the thing freaked me out because it was so light I barely saw it. All worked out though
    Mommy to a darling 2 year old
    Expecting a in June 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the only way it's ever worked for me since DS#2, and I don't even trust FRER anymore. I always get a GOOD line on the $1 tests, and that is what I tell everyone to buy! Cheapies are nice however because you get a ton for your money and have them on hand when you buy an ebay kit! I still prefer $1 test.. as soon as I see a ghostline on the cheapie I run out and get one! LOL
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to love FRER. They were always my "go-to" for early testing. I couldn't stand the internet cheapies, I always had a hard time reading them and had several indent lines that were not true positives. BUT the change in FRER has made me remarkably less impressed. I actually found a CBE digi to be more sensitive. I took one with my last pregnancy at 9DPO because I had a "super-faint, super-squinter" on a FRER and wanted to see if a digi could take the guesswork out. And sure enough, it said PREG. I called my RE (just for blood thinners, but still an RE) and they sent me for betas that day. My beta an HOUR after the digi was 10. So that sucker impressed the heck out of me So I say they are pretty good for early testing too. Especially if you happened to get them free in a pack of ov tests!
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!