Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is an estrogen surge at around 3-4dpo (and often a corresponding dip in the bbt too, which freaks people out), and this post ovulation estrogen surge triggers an additional surge of progesterone. Which is why you often see charts with a temp dip at Ov, 3 days of rising temps, a temp dip at 3-4dpo, and then rising temps after that. This is normal even if not preggo.

I did read a new theory a few weeks ago that the fertilized egg, even while 'in transport', does secrete a hormone but it's not HCG. I can't remember the name and now I can't find the source I was reading again. Grr. Anyways, so yes your body can 'signal' to the uterus to make it nice for an incoming fertilized egg. So it's possible if you're super sensitive to have physical symptoms from this hormone.

However, the thing is, many many many more eggs are successfully fertilized and more than half (53%+) don't implant successfully. So even if you sense that you caught the egg, it's still up in the air whether the bean will stick. And if it doesn't stick you're not pregnant. And, every pregnancy is different, so maybe with one pregnancy you'll feel it from fertilization almost, and from another you won't know a thing until 2 weeks later.

Symptom spotting in the 2WW can drive you nuts. Not to mention that we've all 'felt' SOOOOO pregnant only to be devastated at AF's arrival. It's difficult, but I'd rather assume that any physical symptoms I feel are due to normal 2ww hormones so I don't drive myself crazier than I already am!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

2. Thanks Dreamofpink thanked for this post
    Likes Erin514 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fair enough... I'm at that point too! My symptoms are very promising (but I'm only 6dpo!!) so I'm trying to just "assume" it's pre-menstrual symptoms instead.. Haha. I'm failing, but at least I'm trying, right??
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ha ha I feel like I have had.....not sure if it's just all in the hopefull mind thou ;-0
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if I'm not pregnant I will declare I'm crazy lol I was throwing up today :s 10dpo
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lace, I think the hormone you read about was EPF- Early Pregnancy Factor. It starts being produced the minute the egg is fertilized, and acts as an immunosuppressant until the hgc kicks in.
    To my way of thinking, pregnancy symptoms before implantation are either just high progesterone (in the case of bfn cycles) or a combo of high progesterone and EPF (in the case of bfp cycles)
    Obviously we're all highly aware of the slightest changes...most people might not even notice haha! Plus, some women are probably way more affected by EPF than others.

That's my 2cents anyway ;-)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to say that I had very early PG symptoms with all three if my PG. I had extremely sore boobs (and I NEVER get sore boobs ever). I was so positive I was PG at 5 dpo with this baby that I told my SIL which I would NEVER do unless I wasn't 95% sure. She wants me to have another baby so bad that I wouldn't do that to her unless I was very sure there was a GOOD chance.

So you can talk about all the technicalities of why there shouldn't be early symptoms however, I can tell you when I am PG 10 days before my missed period which is better than any PG test out there and I have been right 100% of the time!!
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WantingPink View Post

So you can talk about all the technicalities of why there shouldn't be early symptoms however, I can tell you when I am PG 10 days before my missed period which is better than any PG test out there and I have been right 100% of the time!!
    Me too.
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    What bears repeating is that pregnancy symptoms are NOT different from 2ww symptoms. I'm not saying any of you ladies are imagining things, or that your previous 2ww symptoms were psychosomatic. You CAN get pregnancy symptoms in the 2ww whether pregnant or not. Again, because pregnancy symptoms are caused by progesterone. High progesterone causes nausea, fatigue, bloating, sore boobs, moodiness....sound familiar?

So early luteal phase symptoms aren't caused by pregnancy. They're caused by sustained progesterone. It is IMPOSSIBLE for HCG to be causing symptoms at 2dpo because HCG isn't produced until after implantation, which isn't until 5-7dpo.

It's like the implantation dip, or triphasic chart. You can get all of these whether you're pregnant or not. Cramping and twinging at 2dpo (assuming you actually O'ed and it wasn't a fake O) is due to the ovulation process finishing up and originates around your follicle/corpus luteum, not the uterus.

The point is, pregnancy is not a separate event from the 2ww. It's the continuation of the 2ww. Think of AF as cutting short the reproductive process, and successful pregnancy as continuing the reproductive process, and you can see how pregnancy symptoms are not different from 2ww symptoms. They're the same thing.
    Old thread...I know....but I am reading posts for information and wanted to correct this. Women CAN feel pregnancy sxs as soon as conception, because of Early Pregnancy Factor (EPF). It is a hormone created upon conception that causes the immune system to lessen and prevent spontaneous abortion or rejection of the morula. Colds, sneezes, etc...are possibly indicative of pregnancy, and if your body has been pregnant before, it can respond accordingly with next pregnancies. Just wanted to educate everyone.
    So...yes..we can have MANY pregnancy sxs in the TWW, because progesterone is present, but our bodies DO know they are pregnant. The tests are just not out there for us to use OTC..you must get a blood test for EPF.
    TTC in 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think I ever replied to this thread BUT...

I know no one who is convinced about symptoms early on will ever believe this, but I do not believe that people RELIABLY can tell if they are pregnant 2 DPO. It's simply not possible in any reliable way, to feel the action of a tiny ball of cells regardless of what hormone they're giving off, and I really, really strongly urge you guys to not be symptom spotters looking at every little thing because it creates a lot of misery and heartache for people who work themselves into a frenzy convinced they're pregnant only to have a BFN.

Let's say for the sake of argument that this is possible for 10 or 15% of people. (I don't think it is, just saying for the sake of argument). That means that 90% of the time, people are symptom spotting wrongly and setting themselves up to be really sad when BFN rolls around.

Trust me, I have 20 people a month telling me all their symptoms in exacting detail only to end up getting BFN, and/or people with no symptoms stunned by BFP. If there was anything REALLY to this then we'd see it. But all I see is a bunch of people who end up really sad every month when they have symptoms but aren't pregnant.

If you are 1100% sure you had symptoms of pregnancy hey, that's cool. I'm not trying to disbelieve you. Believe what you would like. That is fine. But I do not want anyone driving themselves nutty over these symptoms on the basis of something they read in a thread on this site that is simply not true in any reliable way for the vast majority of people.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12