Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question When do reliable symptoms start?

Hi everyone,

I'm 5dpo today and so far have no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever. My temp fell to 36.4 on ov day, then rose to 36.6 the next day and has risen by 0.1 degrees every day since, apart from today which is same as yesterday, 36.9. I had a check of my CP yesterday and it's still quite high although I can reach it. It always seems open throughout my cycle. I've had the odd twinge in my left side the last couple of days but that's it.

Last month I had such a heavy-feeling womb with aches etc and got a BFN so it must have been psychosomatic. I just wondered if anyone knew when you start getting reliable symptoms, and what they are? Are my temps and CP ok? I'm trying to resist testing till 10dpo, which is when af came last month.

Thanks and Fc for us all. X
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.
    Please stay healthy and come to complete our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Emmy, if your temps have increased since ovulation, that's a good sign. Mine were always increasing a little by little, sometimes I would have 2consecutive days with same temp and then the following day get a 0.1 increase. I compared my chart with previous cycles and it was very different. Previous cycles had the pattern of a zig zag with temps going up and down, while during my pregnancy chart, they just were going slowly higher. Cervix was also high and had a little cm everyday, which was unusual for me. I also had a very very faint twinge on my left abdominal side at 10dpo. First symptoms were dizzinness, just a little though and then tender breasts at about 11dpo. I was also more hungry but not everyday. Something else on the list was vivid dreams,which started at about 5dpo. Didn't feel nausea until I was about 5wks or more pregnant. Good luck, hope this is it for you
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    By the way, I tested at 10dpo with an early response and it was negative. Then tested again at 12dpo and had a very very faint line. So don't lose hope if you test at 10dpo and get a negative.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm just over 5 weeks and still not got any real symptoms - looking back in the 2ww i had sore boobs and was tired / hungry (but then i had started a new job and was sitting an exam so was up til 1am most mornings working). Funnily enough for me (and a fair few women on here) the month when you don't get any symptoms and think your out for sure, its the month you get your bfp - i had everything under the sun the bfn months (sickness, tiredness, metallic taste)
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingpink77 View Post
    By the way, I tested at 10dpo with an early response and it was negative. Then tested again at 12dpo and had a very very faint line. So don't lose hope if you test at 10dpo and get a negative.
    This gives me hope as i really think i will get a negative tomorrow at 10dpo but hoping to god monday it turns positive !!
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingpink77 View Post
    Thanks dreaming, I'll be happy to just not start bleeding at 10dpo, that's when af started last month and my LP seems to be shortening every couple of months.

I checked my cervix earlier and it's closed! Is that normal at 5dpo?

X
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.
    Please stay healthy and come to complete our family!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any answers I'm afraid, I had just been wondering the same thing my dw is 5 dpo today as well (also with no symptoms). Good luck and pink dust for your sway!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmyRoo View Post
    Thanks dreaming, I'll be happy to just not start bleeding at 10dpo, that's when af started last month and my LP seems to be shortening every couple of months.

I checked my cervix earlier and it's closed! Is that normal at 5dpo?

X
    I checked my chart at 5dpo, cervix was medium to soft and a little open.