Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Metallic taste and paranoia!

I'm sure I'm just being paranoid (because we're cycling at the end of this month!!!) so please tell me I am but, after the hormone fiasco from October to December with my RE, I FINALLY had a normal AF starting on Christmas. She was typical, lasted 5 days or so. I typically O immediately right after, but no later than 11 days. That would make today day 11. I did have CM yesterday so things are progressing normally.
    Here's my issue. We DTD on CD 4 and 8. Hubby has been on Cyvita (thank you, NBP!) for 2 weeks now and GNC MF for 1 (we're trying to counteract that dna defragmentation). I started getting a weird metallic taste in my mouth on CD 9 with it being the strongest when I eat anything. It's at the point now where it's turning my stomach. I had cramping on CD 10 and started with nausea last night. Hubby and I am hoping it may be a stomach bug (my 14 yo DD just got sick on Thursday). I'm being paranoid. I was thinking maybe it's my thyroid pills, but I've been on them over a year now and this is the first time I'm getting this. I've also got a runny nose but thinking it's a cold, which may also cause it?
    We just had a major change in our lives, I'm in the middle of opening a restaurant, all while revving up for our PGD this month. That would be the kick in the butt we always have when we get preggers. You know, plan 1 thing, major life change, spend a fortune, find out you're pregnant. :/
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you taken a test to see if your pregnant?
    17 12 9 3 HT

6 Cycles and 2 FET in all to FINALLY have my
    May 2015- Did another fresh cycle to get a sister for my DD
    that ended with no normals:

Thank you Dr.P

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TRL View Post
    Have you taken a test to see if your pregnant?
    No, it would be too soon. I've taken about 12 in the last 2 months as they chemically messed up my cycle. I had to go in last month for HCG test b/c they spiked my numbers and it appeared I was preggers. So tired of doctors right now, but they're a necessary evil. I just wish they got their orders all on the same page.
    I will take one next week if things seem to stay the same or get worse. I am taking supplements that wouldn't be good for a fetus.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So today totally sucked, every time I eat something the metallic taste gets worse and I get nauseous. It's now at the point where every part of me has a pulse, and it's like my heart is pumping from my stomach, you can actually feel my pulse from the top of my now bloated stomach. WT...!
    I've never charted my temp, but for hahas (and to be sure I didn't have a fever since I felt warm) my temp last night was 95.6 and tonight it's 96.5. The rules out fever and possible illness from DD. I'm also crampy and have sharp pains in my groin.
    Hubby is hoping I am preggers, but I'm just feeling tired and sad.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you might be.... The first sign always for me is the strong pulse thing.
    17 12 9 3 HT

6 Cycles and 2 FET in all to FINALLY have my
    May 2015- Did another fresh cycle to get a sister for my DD
    that ended with no normals:

Thank you Dr.P

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TRL View Post
    Sounds like you might be.... The first sign always for me is the strong pulse thing.
    Most people would be happy, I'm ambivalent. We've come so far to get to be beaten to the punch.
    I keep telling myself it's only been 3 days, nothing ever happens in 3 days... right????
    No one has symptoms so soon, right? Then again, I had AF with my DS 22 years ago that I didn't think I was preggers... SURPRISE!!!
    I guess it's a waiting game until I can talk to my OB on Monday. ARGH!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds very well like u could be.. Idk how early is to early to be feeling symptoms, but I was feeling sick 10 days after ovulation and tested and got a bfp! I still had a week before af was due! So I guess u just never know.. I didn't have the funny taste in my mouth until a lil later, but when I did it made me nauseous as well. I always had to chew, suck, eat or drink something to change the taste in my mouth!
    Mom to (17) (11) (8) From a previous relationship and (6) and (2) with DH and a VERY unexpected or due 2-5-17

Nov 2012.. Baby lost at 15 weeks 2 days Born into heaven (12-4-12)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apparently it's my kidney acting up again. The pain is starting to kick in hard. I'm going to wait it out a few more hours, same symptoms as yesterday but now the pain in my side and ovaries is added. Ugh! This is the second time since July!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tinksmagic View Post
    Apparently it's my kidney acting up again. The pain is starting to kick in hard. I'm going to wait it out a few more hours, same symptoms as yesterday but now the pain in my side and ovaries is added. Ugh! This is the second time since July!
    Having blood work done tomorrow, my PCP wants to weed out possible preggers and focus on kidney issue. Of course I won't get results until Thursday when he's back, boo - hiss. I'm not a patient person! I'll end up calling the hospital for results, lol.