Downloads
    Uploads

Confused! Bfn?!

Hi there,

I have 2 sweet boys. I did a girl sway. Need some advice. Here's my story:
    Dh and I did the deed Aug 4th
    Positive opk evening Aug 5th
    Cervix high and soft since
    Twinges / achy on my left hand side Aug 12 / 13 that I swore was implantation
    Brown spotting / when wiping Aug 14
    Bleeding around noon Aug 15 - not crazy bleeding, but enough to wear a pad -only needed one pad for the day (TMI?!)
    Bleeding gone by noon August 16.
    Brown spotting / when wiping for a day or two after
    Feeling pregnant
    August 20 bled for 2 hours (6-8pm) - not heavy, but bleeding, wore a pad
    Brown spotting for a day after (super light - just bit when wiping)
    nothing since
    Feeling pregnant!
    At 17 dpo I have bfn!

What?! I really feel pregnant. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? Has anything like this happened to anyone before?

Thanks. Looking forward to hearing.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you DTD 8/4 and got a +opk 8/5 you may not have ovulated until 8/7 and there might not have been any sperm left from 8/4 if you had very dry CM from diet.
    Unfortunately you really can't feel implantation, so that's not a very reliable sign.
    You could have had a very short LP followed by a very light period (can happen on LE or if doing extreme cardio)
    You also could have had a chemical pregnancy and your body is just taking a while to reset.
    Im sorry I wish I was more help!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply. I bled two times though (briefly only each time).. I am wondering if I did have a chemical pregnancy. But, there were no clots and the bleed didnt last long.. But, I guess a negative HPT is a negative..

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No way to feel implantation. If your uterus could feel that, pregnancy and childbirth would be too painful to bear.

I agree that the spotting and bleeding is probably AF in a strange form. It's not always the same from month to month and I think you had some spotting followed by a light period, or a light period followed by spotting. Light periods have been reported by several people (including myself on LE and some of the swaying supps.

The latest I"ve ever seen someone get a pos pg test is 16 dpo. this has happened twice that I"m aware of out of all the many gals on here. I also know of a couple people who had a pregnancy they did not get positive preg tests at all and had to have blood work. But those are obviously exception and not rule.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm getting the same thing, feeling pregnant with all the signs and physical feelings, but still a BFN. I did read somewhere that you can get a BFP a week after AF was due, so hang in there. :hug:
    Last edited by Annie82; September 24th, 2014 at 07:31 AM.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a strange/light period, In fact, my period this month was very similar. I am also swaying pink but have not been TTC so I am definitely not pregnant unless it's an immaculate conception, lol.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period