Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies. Yes you are right and do count myself blessed and extremely lucky to have had three beautiful healthy children at the age I was at when I had them. I guess my good luck was gonna run out sooner or later. Is there a way you can find out if a D & C left you with scarring that would prevent you from conceiving again? The obs at the hospital did make that risk clear to me prior to having the D & C but I don't know if you can tell this from an ultrasound scan? Anyway, will try again next cycle and see what happens. Will use the diva cup also as an extra measure. I'm sure years ago before we conceived our first child when DH had a SA done that he had low motility but obviously we still conceived. atomic - if he is tired all the time as he is (and sick with a Cough virus at the moment) should I get him to take some sort of vitamin for general health that can increase quality of sperm or not? I don't know.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They have procedures they can do but it isn't THAT likely so very few docs will perform them because they are invasive.

I do not think you should use the Diva cup. Like I mentioned, I think most people lose more sperm trying to put them in than they could possibly save, and additionally they can actually seal the cervix shut (like a diaphragm) and are of NO benefit. Just lay flat if ou can.

If he needs some nutrients for his health he should of course take them. Yes, they may boost sperm health, but maybe for all we know he needs that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, what do you think of using a diva cup for AI? I'm thinking of trying it this cycle.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd rather see you just lay flat a long time BUT I know you guys have been at this a while and looking to change it up.

My concern is not only that the things are harder than the blazes to put in (and a lot ends up spilled) but that it could act as a diaphragm and in effect seal the cervix shut.

Sorry if I should know this but have you done Preseed (I know you mentioned Yes baby a while back but not sure if you were doing a lot of other things to sway at that point or not) and Robi-Muci?? I'd try those before Diva.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. I didn't use any lubricant this last time which was stupid of me after I spent the money to buy the preseed. I will definitely use preseed for this next try. Plus, on a positive not, after visiting a good friend yesterday and nursing her 2 month old baby and then showing the photos to DH last night, he said he would agree to try. We didn't get to discuss it further as the kids were around and he was going out to exercise with a mate but it sounded like a step forward finally. Bought a new lot of ubiquinol today as well so back to taking that daily again. Would it be worth getting DH to take ubiquinol as well, or a multivitamin or just olive leaf extract? Thanks. Also, last time I conceived and used the diva cup I laid down for maybe a half hour after BD and then inserted the diva cup (I'd had quite a few practices at inserting it prior) and I took it out again once after about 4 hrs and added a few drops of lemon juice and then reinserted and left it in overnight or until confirmed O. And conceived somehow. For my next try though we might just do missionary position (instead of me on top) and I will just lay for a while (with hips slightly propped?)
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    They have procedures they can do but it isn't THAT likely so very few docs will perform them because they are invasive.

I do not think you should use the Diva cup. Like I mentioned, I think most people lose more sperm trying to put them in than they could possibly save, and additionally they can actually seal the cervix shut (like a diaphragm) and are of NO benefit. Just lay flat if ou can.

If he needs some nutrients for his health he should of course take them. Yes, they may boost sperm health, but maybe for all we know he needs that.
    Just wanted to add, that I was very careful when inserting the diva cup and I'd had lots of practise prior to attempt. I also used lubricant around the upper and outer edge of the cup to help it go in a bit easier. And I found the easiest way to insert it was whilst lying down with legs bent up. I'd waited a good half hour to an hour after BD before I inserted the diva cup as well.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes you can get pregnant doing all sorts of stuff but that doesn't mean it's a good strategy. You laid flat for 30 min. before putting in the Diva, well, all living sperm will have left the vagina and already entered the cervix by that point. THAT is why you got pregnant, had nothing to do with the Diva. 4 hours later, they were out of reach of any lemon juice. (but seriously, don't do that, you're going to injure yourself.) It's entirely different when someone is trying to insert the Diva immediately after intercourse and/or using lemon right away.

DH taking those supps won't hurt odds of conception, may sway ~slightly~ blue with the multivitamin but I kinda doubt it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    Just wanted to add, that I was very careful when inserting the diva cup and I'd had lots of practise prior to attempt. I also used lubricant around the upper and outer edge of the cup to help it go in a bit easier. And I found the easiest way to insert it was whilst lying down with legs bent up. I'd waited a good half hour to an hour after BD before I inserted the diva cup as well.
    All the living sperm were gone by then. They had swum into your cervical crypts and were hanging out there. The reason you got pregnant had nothing to do with the Diva cup. After 30 minutes the semen liquefies and is SUPPOSED to come back out at that point, taking with it any dead or dying sperm still in the ejaculate.

12. Likes nicoler liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. I def won't use the diva cup then and definitely not the lemon juice. They were both IG strategies. Is it better to lay flat after BD or to slightly raise your hips a tad to help the swimmers reach their destination? I did notice last time when I got pregnant after I took the diva cup out at 4 hour mark there was a bit of blood and CM in there - probably because I shoved it in after Bd in a rush and hurt myself a bit. Ouch!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'd rather see you just lay flat a long time BUT I know you guys have been at this a while and looking to change it up.

My concern is not only that the things are harder than the blazes to put in (and a lot ends up spilled) but that it could act as a diaphragm and in effect seal the cervix shut.

Sorry if I should know this but have you done Preseed (I know you mentioned Yes baby a while back but not sure if you were doing a lot of other things to sway at that point or not) and Robi-Muci?? I'd try those before Diva.
    I don't think CM is the issue as I had a ton of EWCM for days last cycle (perhaps a rebound effect from being on Clomid the cycle before), and generally I have a lot of creamy CM for over a week then about 2 days of good EWCM right before O, with it turning creamy again on O day or the next most times. I am on Clomid again this month but not nearly as dry as I was the other cycle on it. I've had little patches of EWCM and watery CM on and off and a normal amount of creamy CM; I'm on CD9 and expecting to O around CD16, maybe a little earlier based on my OPKs. I was only using YesBaby if I was actually dry, due to recent bathing or being far off from O. I'm not opposed to using it again, but I know I've conceived without visible fertile CM before, hell, even when really dry on the pill using olive oil as lube! I can't use PreSeed due to allergies, and Mucinex makes me really ill. But I've been drinking more water lately so I think my natural CM will be okay.

I had some issues last cycle getting the semen inside me, and I'm never sure if I get it deep enough. Maybe I need to try it in a handstand position? My cervix is very tilted (backwards and a bit to the side). I haven't even tried to use the diva cup (actually a different brand but nearly identical design), so it may be a moot point, but if I CAN use it properly, I was thinking he could jizz directly into it, then I'd insert it and do the handstand or whatever, then take it out after 5 min? That way I'm not sealing anything off for long but at least the jizz will be near my cervix for sure.

I would try an abbreviated version of SMEP at this point if I thought it was possible, but it's probably not and may even be bad considering my donor's low count. I was thinking of trying EOD though...I'm really desperate to be pregnant.

1moregirl, sorry for crashing your thread!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast