Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I've been laying flat for ages, the past 6 cycles at least.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's fine to just lay flat but raising hips is something some people like to do.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    I don't think CM is the issue as I had a ton of EWCM for days last cycle (perhaps a rebound effect from being on Clomid the cycle before), and generally I have a lot of creamy CM for over a week then about 2 days of good EWCM right before O, with it turning creamy again on O day or the next most times. I am on Clomid again this month but not nearly as dry as I was the other cycle on it. I've had little patches of EWCM and watery CM on and off and a normal amount of creamy CM; I'm on CD9 and expecting to O around CD16, maybe a little earlier based on my OPKs. I was only using YesBaby if I was actually dry, due to recent bathing or being far off from O. I'm not opposed to using it again, but I know I've conceived without visible fertile CM before, hell, even when really dry on the pill using olive oil as lube! I can't use PreSeed due to allergies, and Mucinex makes me really ill. But I've been drinking more water lately so I think my natural CM will be okay.

I had some issues last cycle getting the semen inside me, and I'm never sure if I get it deep enough. Maybe I need to try it in a handstand position? My cervix is very tilted (backwards and a bit to the side). I haven't even tried to use the diva cup (actually a different brand but nearly identical design), so it may be a moot point, but if I CAN use it properly, I was thinking he could jizz directly into it, then I'd insert it and do the handstand or whatever, then take it out after 5 min? That way I'm not sealing anything off for long but at least the jizz will be near my cervix for sure.

I would try an abbreviated version of SMEP at this point if I thought it was possible, but it's probably not and may even be bad considering my donor's low count. I was thinking of trying EOD though...I'm really desperate to be pregnant.

1moregirl, sorry for crashing your thread!
    Well, remember that there may be changes in the EWCM that we can't see with the naked eye that may be cutting fertility.

I'd def use the Yes Baby again.

It's REALLY hard to get the Diva in with the semen in their. It often spills when people try it (and I tried it one time just for fun to see if it was really as hard as people were saying and yep I ended up with a huge mess to clean. XD

But like I said I understand wanting to change it up and hey, it's certainly worth a shot for people in your unique set of circumstances. But I don't recommend it for other people because I don't think it ups odds of conception.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maiden - no worried Hun. You can crash my threads any time. Lol. I really hope that using a diva cup thing works for you to get you a BFP. Good luck.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

7. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree that diva cups are suboptimal when BDing. If I can manage it, I will try to BD anyway but it isn't always possible. I do prefer that option anyway!

I wanted to update bc I've been having a lot of fertile CM lately. Watery yesterday and today EWCM. I only had that one day of moderate EWCM (on O day) my first cycle on Clomid. Maybe plenty of fertile CM and Clomid is what I need? I'm planning to attempt EOD starting today CD12. This is early for me to have so much fertile CM while swaying, too, so I'm hopeful that I'll O soon. I have much more O pain and darker OPKs than last time on Clomid (I am also even sicker from the Clomid in terms of side effects).

Provided my copious fertile CM continues through/up to O, do you still think I should use YesBaby? Or only if my CM turns creamy/reduces substantially in amount? I have upped my fat and protein the past month, and had several servings of red meat right around my last AF. So that may be affecting my CM, as I have found that blue friendly fats really up my fertile CM.

Edited to add: do you think it matters that I don't/can't orgasm due to my pain meds? All the times I conceived I'm pretty sure I came, possibly multiple times. It happens really easily and quickly for me from just penetration. Looking back, the only times I was regularly sexually active and DIDN'T accidentally get pregnant at least once per year (prior to getting an IUD) was when I couldn't orgasm due to being on Prozac. Do you think I should try coming off my pain meds temporarily? It will really suck bc I'll go into withdrawal, but I could maybe manage it once in my fertile period. Maybe I need the contractions to help sperm get into my tilted cervix?
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 27th, 2016 at 02:14 PM.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is one of those crystal ball questions I honestly don't know the answer to (about the Yes Baby). Even the sperm safe lubes have been shown to be inferior and my gut instinct is to skip it if you have EWCM BUT then again when what we're doing isn't working then it may be time to change it up. I probably woudn't use it if I had EWCM.

Re orgasm - it has been shown to help so if there's any way to give it a try, it is certainly something we can change up. I don't know how much pain you're in though. The other thing that may help and I know this is complicated due to having a donor is more sex with ejaculation inside, since a recent study has shown this may improve odds of conception.

10. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maiden - I don't know much about pain meds but could you maybe try cutting back on them instead of coming off them altogether? Would that work? I can remember years ago being on a different antidepressant to what I'm on now and when on a lower dose I could have an orgasm but when I was on a higher dose I couldn't. Would your pain meds work like that? Otherwise maybe do as Atomic suggested and not take them just for that time? Good luck.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

12. Likes atomic sagebrush, maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much atomic. I will be trying regular inseminatios all cycle long as often as I can now, bc I do think that could help. I inseminated in the morning on CD13 (it's very early CD15 now), and even though he had last ejaculated 3 days before, there was only about 1ml! It's the smallest amount I've seen him produce. I had a lot of EWCM but I did coat the (bigger than previous times) syringe with a light layer of YesBaby. I put my face in the bed and butt in the air and squirted it in, then stayed like that for 5 min before lying down for 2.5 hours. I've never done that butt up position when inseminating so I hope it helps.

1moregirl, unfortunately my pain is severe and my ability to orgasm is not dose dependent. I have to be completely off the meds or like 90%. I was the same way when I took Prozac/Effexor but I had to wait days for it to leave my system. At least with my painkillers I only have to wait 10-12 hours. Sex wasn't an option anyway 2 days ago but it may be tonight. Sometimes I need to travel to my donor though, and I can't safely drive off my meds bc of how distracting the pain is. So we'll see. I appreciate the idea though, it's a good one! Some meds that inhibit big O I can manage at lower doses but even then it takes a long time and lot of effort (like an hour) and I'm not that patient!

I really want to get more attempts in but I also just wish I'd Oed already so I could stop worrying about it! Sadly it doesn't seem like I will O earlier as I had hoped. Ugh I'm so sick of TTC.

My Ovulation Chart

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck Maiden! I hope this is the month.

16. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It didn't work out with the new donor, but I got attempts in on O-3 and O-1 via usual donor. I think I'm Oing today/CD17, got my first positive OPK yesterday. This is the first cycle I've had 2 attempts in my fertile period.

My Ovulation Chart

18. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast