Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Xx - I feel like I'm in the same boat. It's not my last month but I'm thinking about adding an attempt. I've been on the diet since September 😱 so I am sooo ready to get my bfp. Thank God I didn't start exercise, that would have done me in! Anyway, I agree with everyone, and say add an attempt especially if it's your last month. GL I hope this is your month!!!

Question for me, do you all think it's better to add an attempt before I expect +opk or after you get it. Or if I am adding an attempt should I just add one before and after because at that point what's one more attempt?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Proud mama to2012 2013 swaying

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Basically, you dtd 3 days in a row, starting at your first +opk, the fourth day you take a break, and then dtd again the fifth day, just to make sure you catch the egg if for some reason ovulation got delayed. It's supposed to increase conception rates and not considered too blue sway-wise. I'm planning to try it this cycle if DH will play along. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Oh this is interesting, I hadn't heard of smep.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You all can download the SMEP book, it's free, and not very long, and explains her theory quite nicely. She claims the most important day for conception is the day after +opk, that is the second day.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's all do smep ;-);-);-)

5. Likes jennypenny, momamia4, Dreamsister liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Let's all do smep ;-);-);-)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    (2010)

(2013)

(2017)

Surprise due (2020)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good to me, DH wanted to add an attempt on the second day last month. Now I wish we had!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's what Atomic wrote in answer to my question on another thread:

Do NOT BD every other day. It is both blue friendly and doesn't up odds of conception, either. SMEP may be a little blue friendly but at least it improves odds of conception!!!! I do not want anyone BD every other day! It gains you nothing and sways blue. If you gotta sway blue, at least do it in a way that will help you get pregnant.

Grace, I understand how scary it is but of all my swayers who have gone on this long not having conceived, I have ALL of them do SMEP and most of them get girls. It is time for SMEP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amazing August 2WW Thread

I don't know if my DH will go for SMEP. He will BD unprotected, but if it seems too much like I'm trying to get pregnant, he may pull the stops on BDing unprotected.

See my DH is on the fence wanting a 4th child. He is willing to BD unprotected because to him, E3D, E4D, and even EOD, makes it seem harder to conceive.

I just don't see how SMEP is better for pink than 2 attempts. SMEP you have 3 attempts in a row and then one again the 5th day. We basically did that with DS1. DS2 was one attempt and so was DS3.

Hmmm. I'm not sure what to do. I may go for one tonight instead so two attempts back to back instead of EOD.

Thanks ladies! I appreciate all of your input!!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart
    Last edited by XXforhubby; August 23rd, 2016 at 04:37 PM.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    I don't know if my DH will go for SMEP. He will BD unprotected, but if it seems too much like I'm trying to get pregnant, he may pull the stops on BDing unprotected.

See my DH is in the fence wanting a 4th child. He is willing to BD protected because to him, E3D, E4D, and even EOD, makes it seem harder to conceive.

I just don't see how SMEP is better for pink than 2 attempts. SMEP you have 3 attempts in a row and then one again the 5th day. We basically did that with DS1. DS2 was one attempt and so was DS3.

Hmmm. I'm not sure what to do. I may go for one tonight instead to two attempts back to back instead of EOD.

Thanks ladies! I appreciate all of your input!!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart
    Yeah, sounds like my DH. I have to catch him in the right mood in order to pull it off. I was also thinking of doing two nights in a row, it would be easier to do as far as DH is concerned.
    I think perhaps dtd EOD is more blue friendly because then sperm production is at its best. By dtding 3 nights in a row the sperm storage doesn't get a chance to build up. In the smep book they say that people with sperm count issues should do EOD and not the classic smep.

11. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls!

I just wanted to give everyone an update...I got my first BFP 10 DPO (currently I am 21 DPO). My test lines were continuing to increase through the first week and then this last weekend it looked like they were getting lighter. I freaked out since I had a chemical last month and so I ended up getting a blood draw yesterday with my doc. At 20 DPO my HCG was only 90. I know there is a huge range for HCG levels but this is definitely at the low end of the spectrum. We won't know anything for certain as I need to have a second draw tomorrow. If it at least doubles, that's good but if it doesn't of course we know what that means...

I did take a Clearblue Advanced w/Weeks estimator yesterday and today and it indicated I was 4-5 weeks pregnant, which would be within range. However, I am just not feeling very optimistic at the moment :-(

Currently TTC/swaying for a since June 2016

06/2016: BFN
    07/2016: Chemical (4 wks/2 days)
    08/2016: Miscarriage (6 wks/1 day)
    09/2016: Chemical (4 wks/2 days)
    10/2016: TTC break while RE looks into recurrent pregnancy loss

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast