Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thought I would update here instead of the Aug board...

My midwife called earlier with the results of my second HCG blood draw and it went down from a 90 on Monday to a 72 on Thursday morning :-(

I had a feeling this was going to happen but I was still absolutely devastated when she told me.

I had a tiny amount of blood last night after using the bathroom but it stopped before I went to bed. Took more pregnancy tests this morning prior to the blood test and it was still positive, but a little lighter than yesterday. Aside from that though, no cramping or any other miscarriage signs so now I play the waiting game. She said it could take up to a week for the bleeding to begin. I have the option of taking some meds to help push it along, but she recommended to let it happen naturally if at all possible. A part of me agrees with that but another part of me just wants this over and done with!!

Now having had back to back miscarriages, I am kind of at a loss at what to do. This was our third month TTC and third month on Clomid (for swaying purposes only). Since I initially thought this was going to be a sticky PG I stopped exercising, started eating breakfast, added meat back in, nuts, etc basically everything the opposite of what I'd been doing since January. The thought of going back to LE and the daily exercise seems unbearable right now.

My midwife said back to back miscarriages are't common, esp since we conceived DS first month TTC and so she recommended I see an OBGYN or reproductive endocrinologist to get things checked out. I was somehow able to get an appt with a RE in 5 days so will be interesting to see what she says. I think I will probably have to come clean about taking Clomid medically unsupervised for 3 cycles which I am sure I will be read the riot act for

My DH just thinks these back to back miscarriage are purely coincidental and that we should just try again without intervention. The thought of trying again without having things looked at scares me. A part of me believes that these two miscarriages are somehow the result of me taking Clomid and it maybe impacting my lining but I just don't know. Maybe we got lucky when we conceived DS during first cycle? The other part of me thinks we should try again without the Clomid but if there truly is something going on, such as a blood clotting disorder or a lining issue I'd really prefer not to risk another potentially preventable miscarriage. And of course I feel like I've screwed up my chances of a girl in Sept since I've been eating and living a boy-friendly lifestyle the last two weeks. I really felt like I had my girl this month and I am so sad that my body couldn't sustain her :-(

Anyway, sorry for the long story but thanks for letting me vent. TTC #2 has felt like such a nightmare and absolutely nothing like I expected it to be.

Currently TTC/swaying for a since June 2016

06/2016: BFN
    07/2016: Chemical (4 wks/2 days)
    08/2016: Miscarriage (6 wks/1 day)
    09/2016: Chemical (4 wks/2 days)
    10/2016: TTC break while RE looks into recurrent pregnancy loss

2. Thanks Pink2016 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jenc I am so sorry. That is terrible news. I would be inclined to blame the clomid too because I have heard bad things about what it could do to your lining. I have that fear too because this is my first cycle on clomid. What about getting back on the diet and still going to the RE so if you do get answers you will be back on the diet strong when you are ready for your next attempt? I am so sorry this has been so tough for you.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

4. Thanks jenc8060 thanked for this post
    Likes Pink2016 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jenc I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I hope you can get some answers from your RE as to the possible cause. I am new to swaying and somebody may tell me I am completely wrong but if it takes at least 6 weeks on the LE diet to convince your body times are hard then maybe it is the same in reverse and takes as long for your body to think times are good again so you may not have ruined your sway in the few weeks you have been off the diet and not exercised. Hopefully you can get back on the diet as soon as you feel able to. So sorry you have to go through such a difficult time.

6. Thanks jenc8060 thanked for this post
    Likes GirlieCat, Dreamsister liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    FX for you Maggie that this next cycle brings you a BFP!

I'll be testing probably sometime between 9/1-9/3. I don't feel very hopeful, and I'm not sure if we're going to continue to TTC or not. I'll be popping in though to check on how everyone gets on!!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart
    XX if you decide to stop TTC will you go on the bc pill or how will you protect yourself from getting pg?

DS1 (9) ❤️ DS2 (8) DS3 (5) ❤️ DW (41) DH (38) TTC'ing pink from May 2016
    3 beautiful & now pregnant with a baby girl due June 2017

Thank you everyone in this site and in particular Atomic for amazing support during my sway. I am for ever grateful.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlieCat View Post
    I don't tell my DH when I am in the fertility window or that I got a +OPK. I told him one month and I think it freaked him out to DTD knowing the pressure so I just play it cool now and don't say a word. I also don't let him know that we have to DTD every 4 days. I am sure he knows something is up when I initiate it odd times, but he just goes along with it. I think he is still nervous for this new chapter of our life (this is baby #1 for us) so I am making the TTC part as casual as I can. He is very supportive with the swaying though and helping with the diet because he does want a girl first too so I am lucky to have him on board with that.
    Sounds like a nice DH you have GirlieCat. I also do the hole swaying in silencio and don't tell hubby when the fertile window has It's opening-hour bc of the risk of him to step on the brake. Also I don't want him to think that he has been reduced to a breeding stud. Fx this is your and all of us in here's month.

Thank you everyone in this site and in particular Atomic for amazing support during my sway. I am for ever grateful.

9. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jenc8060 View Post

My midwife called earlier with the results of my second HCG blood draw and it went down from a 90 on Monday to a 72 on Thursday morning :-(

I had a feeling this was going to happen but I was still absolutely devastated when she told me.

I had a tiny amount of blood last night after using the bathroom but it stopped before I went to bed. Took more pregnancy tests this morning prior to the blood test and it was still positive, but a little lighter than yesterday. Aside from that though, no cramping or any other miscarriage signs so now I play the waiting game. She said it could take up to a week for the bleeding to begin. I have the option of taking some meds to help push it along, but she recommended to let it happen naturally if at all possible. A part of me agrees with that but another part of me just wants this over and done with!!

Now having had back to back miscarriages, I am kind of at a loss at what to do. This was our third month TTC and third month on Clomid (for swaying purposes only). Since I initially thought this was going to be a sticky PG I stopped exercising, started eating breakfast, added meat back in, nuts, etc basically everything the opposite of what I'd been doing since January. The thought of going back to LE and the daily exercise seems unbearable right now.

My midwife said back to back miscarriages are't common, esp since we conceived DS first month TTC and so she recommended I see an OBGYN or reproductive endocrinologist to get things checked out. I was somehow able to get an appt with a RE in 5 days so will be interesting to see what she says. I think I will probably have to come clean about taking Clomid medically unsupervised for 3 cycles which I am sure I will be read the riot act for

My DH just thinks these back to back miscarriage are purely coincidental and that we should just try again without intervention. The thought of trying again without having things looked at scares me. A part of me believes that these two miscarriages are somehow the result of me taking Clomid and it maybe impacting my lining but I just don't know. Maybe we got lucky when we conceived DS during first cycle? The other part of me thinks we should try again without the Clomid but if there truly is something going on, such as a blood clotting disorder or a lining issue I'd really prefer not to risk another potentially preventable miscarriage. And of course I feel like I've screwed up my chances of a girl in Sept since I've been eating and living a boy-friendly lifestyle the last two weeks. I really felt like I had my girl this month and I am so sad that my body couldn't sustain her :-(

Anyway, sorry for the long story but thanks for letting me vent. TTC #2 has felt like such a nightmare and absolutely nothing like I expected it to be.
    I am so sorry for your loss Jenc. This was exactly what also happened to me last month. I was also on Clomid (first time) and had developed a weak lining probably bc of the meds and weightloss. I went on for weeks thinking I was pg and eating normal and miscarried naturally after 5 weeks. I think you should definately go and get checked. Don't worry about that two weeks off diet has ruined your chances. You will be good. Big hug too you. Take care.

11. Thanks jenc8060 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jenc8060 View Post

So sorry to read this, I hope it happens quickly for you. As some of the other ladies have said don't worry about dropping the diet and exercise, I think it is the over all pattern over weeks. I myself conceived a girl first time round. I knew nothing about swaying but as it turns out I was living a very pink lifestyle, dieting and exercising to lose weight for my wedding. I did that for nearly a year. Abandoned it as soon as I got married and conceived my daughter 5 weeks later, 5 weeks eating and drinking what I wanted and how much I wanted. Give yourself time and be gentle, swaying and ttc is so tough and this is me trying for number 4, no problems or stress with the first three x

13. Thanks jenc8060 thanked for this post
    Likes Dreamsister liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry for your loss jenc I don't know that the clomid is the blame as without having scans you can't really know what your lining is doing. I think 2 miscarriages in a row is actually fairly common but 3 in a row is a lot less common. It won't make you feel better but maybe it will help knowing it possibly wasn't anything you did, it may have just been an unfortunate coincidence. If you are seeing an RE then she will be able to run some more tests and maybe give you fermara instead of clomid.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

15. Thanks jenc8060 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG, so sorry for your loss Jenc!! I hope your RE will switch you to Femara intead of Clomid.

I had a thin lining before starting TTC so I did 3 cycles on progesterone pills (Duphaston) to increase lining and then my doctor started me on Femara + Duphaston to avoid that problem entirely. I hope you can find out what is going on and get your sticky bean very soon!

17. Thanks jenc8060 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry for your loss jenc!!!
    2001, 2/2002, 2003, DS3 2004, 2/2005, 5/2005, 2006
    Tubal Reversal 2015 = 9/2015-8/2018
    IVF Nov 2018 = 8 Retrieved, 6 Fertilized, 3 Blasts, 2 XX!!
    FET 5 Mar 2019: 1st beta: 131.4, 2nd beta: 730, 3rd beta: 2274! born 11/9/19!
    FET #2 10 Dec 2020: 1st beta: 454, 2nd beta: 1048, 3rd beta: 6696! Due Date: Aug 28

19. Thanks jenc8060 thanked for this post
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast