Page 5 of 126 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies!

TTCblue – I am def not judging haha – at the end of the day, since HE doesn’t want another child, it’s his responsibility to ensure you can’t get pregnant (apart from when he has agreed to try that is)– up to him to stalk your cycle and understand it, and use protection when he thinks he needs to – sounds like he’s trying to be tough but is still pretty open to you falling pregnant regardless of attempt time or not – or he would be adamant to use protection or abstain religiously!

For temping - in essence, you need to take your temperature vaginally (most accurate) – approximately at the same time every day, before getting up – and ideally with at least a full night sleep under your belt without getting up – but in practice, kids, needing to pee etc etc, if you can get 3-4 hours straight before temping that would be the minimum to get accurate readings.
    You can start now but if you start by the time Af tapers down/stops is fine too – you do need at least a few days before O to be able to see the shift in temp
    You can input your data into Fertility Friend (a good complete tool even if you only use the free version – it has lots of tutorials about how to temp too) – I personally find that it is a great way to give me reassurance around our BD after O, combined with opks giving you the “heads-up” before O – buuut if you feel it is going to stress you out more than anything else, it’s not compulsory of course
    Our bodies can be confusing at times, regardless of how we track everything so it’s not bulletproof but it is a darn good tool nevertheless I think!

Naciiiiiire – eeeek - that is a positive hon! Congrats!! So happy for you!!!!
    I really don’t think that is a squinter or an indent/evap – that has got colour, which indents or evaps don’t!
    Cannot wait for your next test so you can get some reassurance my dear

Mommy2apples – happy bday to your big boy!
    Your temps look good so here’s to hoping it will continue that way – understand you don’t want to get your hopes up – at least you know you did great with your BD

Max – not having side effects is not a bad thing – and you may only feel them later when closer to O anyways, if at all glad to see it’s all going well, and seems your mood is positive!
    How are your girls and hubby?

Ash, oooh not long to go at all before the scans – so exciting!

Kat – here it is already the th so cannot wait for your update!!!

I want4
    – ooh what a lovely plan you have – enjoy that holiday – so jelly! ^^
    Will keep stalking your chart hon

Lola – thanks for your reassurance using the digis – I think that is why I wanted to use them to, to make sure I give myself the best chance at optimising my BD around O… so excited!
    Will be asking you ladies questions with all my zillion opks per day haha

Sky
    - still as busy with your daughter??
    Boooh didn’t get BD in last night , we had to get up sooo much for DD1 – she in the last month has started having accidents at night again (I think this was #6 or so for the month!) – even though she has been night toilet trained since January without one single mishap…I don’t know if something is happening (she does seem to have nightmares often though) or the fact it is cold now and she is in deep sleep buried under her doona makes a difference…but she wakes us up way more than her sister (who has started going to the loo - #superproudmama).
    Back onto the subject, lol, hope we can BD tonight but hubs will be home super late as he has a board meeting which means he usually is not back home until 9.30pm ish …hope he will be frisky enough haha
    CD6 so I need a quickie tonight at least before we start on our eod regime as of Friday (Cd8) :P

Afm –the pharmacy I went to had the tests but for $50 – gah , might only have been an online special (and will be more expensive once I add in delivery and would be too late to get them for Saturday anyways)…ah well, will pick some up Friday at my usual pharmacy, they will be still relatively ok priced (I think like $38). Just in time for testing starting Saturday ^^
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

2. Likes TtcBlue18, NACIREMADREAM liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblue View Post
    Ttc - Sorry took me long to reply. Wasn't home and no battery in ph. It's absolutely fine if you don't want to get a bbt. You should definitely not do it if it's going to add to the stress. I started trying with just opks but then I saw everyone's charts and I really wanted to see how bbt works that's y I bought it for my second cycle. I noticed my temp going up two days after pos opk which indicated that I ovulated and was fun to know. And then after 8-9 dpo of my temp dropped, I knew af was coming. So it kind of prepared me. The month I got a bfp, my temp took more than two days to jump so I added another attempt. I hope I am not confusing you. That said, I still feel if you are using digis, having good attempts after pos opk is the way to get bfp. I don't know if my sway worked or not but I came to know my body n cycle better. I always felt frustrated that O can happen in two days after pos opk so I felt better when my bbt confirmed and then didn't worry about adding more attempts. Let me know if You have any questions.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6513f2
    Oh it's okay!! I think I'm starting to understand it a little bit.. So is it safe to say it's probably more important to get extra attempts in after positive opk, rather than before? I always get a positive opk between cd13 and 16 so I was thinking I will continue e4d and then try to do eod leading up to cd13 until positive opk, then get the 2 attempts that dh will be counting, and then try for another 2 going eod following the 2 attempts incase I O late. What do you think?? I'm not sure if it will work sneaking around DH's restrictions, but I'm just going to throw out the condoms and let him think he misplaced them lol. He could pull out but idk if he will, all I can do is try. How long do you have to temp before you can figure out your pattern?
    Happily Married Since 2012
    2013 & 2015 & 2018

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b79c2

My Successful Blue Sway!
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ttc just a little devious thought. 4blue2pink has in her sway that she and dh used sperm friendly condom and he released in it then they used a lattes free syringe to AI

(07) (09) (14)(15) 🤰 and dreaming (18)
    (07) (08) (09) (14) (15) and praying for a to finish off our family

My Ovulation Chart

5. Likes TtcBlue18 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks lmsm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ttc - I have read a lot here and Atomic recommends eod after af leaves town and 3 attempts at pos opk. One the night of pos opk then the next morning n that night. Honestly, we always struggled with the am attempt since I always got my pos on WE and dd used to wake up early on Saturday and Sunday. So we decided to do night of pos opk, the next night and then the next night which is not ideal but that's the best we could do. The cycle I conceived, we BD night of pos, the next night but couldn't do the next night so skip that and did the next one. To simplify,Got pos on Friday noon so we did Friday night, Saturday night no Sunday so did Monday night. And my temp went up Tuesday morning. Again I don't know if that worked for my sway but that's what got me bfp. We also didn't BD unprotected before pos opk as I was afraid to because I m silly and still stuck a little on the timing. I m not trying to ask you to do that for sure because all boy moms here say that plenty of sex is what got them their boys. It was just me who wasn't comfortable doing. Also,I made sure I got big O after every attempt and kept my legs up for 40 min atleast. I started temping in my second cycle and luckily my bbt arrived a day after af left town. But u can start as soon as u can even a few days before O and I temp Vaginally and it made so much sense once I Did. I also used fertility friend for charting. We r here to answer any question u may have incase u make up your mind to temp. FF is fun. I bought Mabis bbt for $12 on eBay. Let me know if you have any questions. I asked a lot from Pbn and lovely ladies here.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6513f2

8. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much LMSM

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lmsm- Sorry I missed your post earlier. I don't know that it's possible for me to temp knowing that I need 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night before testing. My almost 2 year old still wakes up multiple times a night and most nights I end up falling asleep in her bed while trying to get her back to sleep. My almost 4 year old is petrified of the dark and won't go down the stairs alone to pee, so even with her going potty at bed time, I can always expect at least one awakening from her too. I usually get up around 5:30 or 6:30 and the prime times for them to wake up each night is between 3 and 4. I think it's best if I just let go of considering the temping, and try to get more attempts in instead.. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me what I needed to know before making the decision. Very much appreciated!

Ash- Eeeekkkk!! I didn't know they made such a thing! Do you know what they're called?? Wouldn't sucking it up in a syringe damage the sperm?? Or do you think it wouldn't hurt to try? Right now I told dh he's not allowed to know when my 2 attempts are because he's not "into it" enough when he knows lol. He thinks I'm still stuck on the timing method so he's not afraid of me getting extra attempts in. I told him bd before positive opk sways girl so he doesn't think I'll let it happen.. If he figures it out this cycle I may have to resort to the sperm friendly condoms!

Sky- I didn't know that, I thought e4d was sufficient.. That's what I'm going to do then! Eod starting NOW! Cd2 lol. At positive opk I will do that night, next morning (if I can, otherwise I might have to try for dh lunch break again) and that night.. Then I'll go back to eod and not tell dh my attempts are used until after I get a few days past. Poor guy has no idea about my cycle. Kinda makes me feel bad for sneaking, but I know he'll love another baby just as much as I would!
    Last edited by TtcBlue18; June 27th, 2017 at 09:15 PM.
    Happily Married Since 2012
    2013 & 2015 & 2018

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b79c2

My Successful Blue Sway!
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

11. Likes Skyblue liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nacire - that's a bfp!!! Yay!! I'm one of the ones with no line eyes and I see that!!

LSMS - my appt is tomorrow 9:30 Central so I think you'll be asleep but I'll definitely update! Can't wait for you to start testing!!

13. Likes Mommy2apples liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nacire-that's def a clear line! I can understand you being hesitant, but that looks like a typical line on an 11dpo test like that (those are not as sensitive I believe). I'd love to see how a frer or wondfo would look!! I'm so hoping it continues to get darker!!!
    Iwant4-that higher temp is looking good! You do look like you're in the 2WW yay!!!
    Ttc-like the idea of the misplaced condoms trick haha!! So you're exactly right about temping. You temp first thing in the morning with a bbt, even before you get out of bed before a lot of movement. Vag temps are more accurate than oral. I thought the idea sounded weird, but it's really no biggie. The ladies here recommended it & it worked so much better for me. I'm a mouth breather at night which can impact temps. I have to admit though, as soon as I woke up, I went straight to the restroom with as little movement as possible & temped right away instead of still in bed-it worked for me! It's best if you can temp at the same time every morning, you'll see open circles on your ff chart when you don't. The earlier you temp, the lower your temp usually, I've read around 6AM is an ideal time. You'll see temps typically in the 97s before O and then in the 98s post O. You'll see that temp spike, confirming O. After 3 sustained high temps, ff will confirm O by giving you crosshairs. Your temp will stay up until AF is about to arrive or when it arrives...so the temp drop is a warning that AF will most likely arrive, especially if it goes below your coverline. So that's everything in a nutshell! Can't wait for pbn to return, b/c she is awesome at reading charts! We'd love to help you out here if you do want to try. I can certainly understand if you feel like it may just stress you out more though!
    2013 2015 2017

My Ovulation Chart

15. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ttc-I missed LMSM's post full of great temping info & just saw your response. It can be a challenge to temp with multiple wake-ups with little ones in the night. At least you have an idea now of how it works if you wanted to test it out.
    LMSM-can't wait to see your OPKs when you start! Bring on the questions!!!
    2013 2015 2017

My Ovulation Chart

17. Likes TtcBlue18 liked this post
Page 5 of 126 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast