Page 6 of 126 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ash - didn’t even know that such a things as sperm friendly condoms existed that could be a cheeky idea, TTC! :P

Ttc – all very sound advice - all in all, I think you have to do what is realistic for you and what you feel comfortable with.
    If you think doing e4d until you switch to eod at cd13 then do your 2 attempts at pos opk (which likely be soon after you go eod anyways) – is what is a realistic plan, then go for it. If you can’t do eod all cycle like seems to be the best of the best plan (and few of us with young kids especially can do eod all cycle long anyways if we have to add attempts on top of it), no need to stress over it – better off doing decent attempts than having DH not being able to perform when it’s show time
    You certainly don’t want to do your attempts too early of course, but given that you should ovulate at most 48h post pos opk, then if you can get your 2 attempts in in that 48h window, you’re sweet.
    The extra unprotected BD after, if you can get it in, is just bonus in case you O late – and anyways, the second attempt after pos opk could cover it well even if O is delayed a bit and you can’t sneak in an extra attempt.
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

2. Likes Skyblue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TtcBlue18 View Post
    Lmsm- Sorry I missed your post earlier. I don't know that it's possible for me to temp knowing that I need 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night before testing. My almost 2 year old still wakes up multiple times a night and most nights I end up falling asleep in her bed while trying to get her back to sleep. My almost 4 year old is petrified of the dark and won't go down the stairs alone to pee, so even with her going potty at bed time, I can always expect at least one awakening from her too. I usually get up around 5:30 or 6:30 and the prime times for them to wake up each night is between 3 and 4. I think it's best if I just let go of considering the temping, and try to get more attempts in instead.. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me what I needed to know before making the decision. Very much appreciated!

Ash- Eeeekkkk!! I didn't know they made such a thing! Do you know what they're called?? Wouldn't sucking it up in a syringe damage the sperm?? Or do you think it wouldn't hurt to try? Right now I told dh he's not allowed to know when my 2 attempts are because he's not "into it" enough when he knows lol. He thinks I'm still stuck on the timing method so he's not afraid of me getting extra attempts in. I told him bd before positive opk sways girl so he doesn't think I'll let it happen.. If he figures it out this cycle I may have to resort to the sperm friendly condoms!

Sky- I didn't know that, I thought e4d was sufficient.. That's what I'm going to do then! Eod starting NOW! Cd2 lol. At positive opk I will do that night, next morning (if I can, otherwise I might have to try for dh lunch break again) and that night.. Then I'll go back to eod and not tell dh my attempts are used until after I get a few days past. Poor guy has no idea about my cycle. Kinda makes me feel bad for sneaking, but I know he'll love another baby just as much as I would!
    @4blue2pink can you help a lady out

(07) (09) (14)(15) 🤰 and dreaming (18)
    (07) (08) (09) (14) (15) and praying for a to finish off our family

My Ovulation Chart

4. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ladies you posted when I was typing ^^

TTC – temping can still give you a good idea – I often have only 2hours ish of straight sleep between my getting up (seems we have the same challenges! Lol) and still was able to see the pattern! Up to you hon
    (see below comments on eod before this post – in response to Sky – as I know how challenging it can be to get that pattern going ^^)

Kat – likely will be asleep but def will stalk when I get up
    Woohoo! ^^

Lolabelle – I think we covered off a lot between all of us re charting – and if all else fails, FF has great tutes on how to chart with loads of FAQs, TTC
    Oh I will bombard you with questions, worry not
    Last edited by LMSM; June 27th, 2017 at 10:02 PM.
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

6. Likes Lolabelle, TtcBlue18 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lola: Haha i know. He loses them all the time and he used to blame me until he found them right where he left them. So now he won't even suspect it. It just doesn't seem fair that not only my cycles are limited, but my attempts each cycle too. I deserve a little more than just 2 attempts i think! And that's okay, thank you so much for the detailed description! That does help a lot. I want to try it but afraid it might not work for me. No harm in trying i suppose!

Ash- Thank you for that! I told dh we need to try for eod (which of course he doesn't mind, we just might miss a day here and there) but now my only problem is that he will know when my attempts are because no way will he go eod not pulling out. So I could really use those sperm friendly condoms to get things started before my attempts.. I shouldn't have to worry about the extras after, he doesn't worry about it because I told him once the tests are negative the egg is gone and whatever will be, will be. Is every man so gullible??

Lmsm- Wow, okay it really doesn't seem too hard, so if there's a chance I can see the pattern in my chart even without the right sleep, I will get a bbt asap and start recording my temps. So the absolute soonest you can O is 48 hours after a positive opk?? Or did I read that wrong? When you're looking at attempts, is it 4 days prior to O and 1 day after that are considered within the fertile window? -4, -3, -2, -1, O, +1 is this correct? So if I bd any of those days it's an attempt right? Not just the ones following positive opk?
    Last edited by TtcBlue18; June 27th, 2017 at 11:35 PM.
    Happily Married Since 2012
    2013 & 2015 & 2018

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b79c2

My Successful Blue Sway!
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TTCblue - You can certainly try to temp – do your best – and see if you can pick up a pattern – if this cycle doesn’t give you a bfp, it will def give you some insight for the next cycle though (which is why we usually temp before starting ttc as it gives you that insight before show time) – like allowing you to confirm how long after the 1st pos opk you do actually seem to ovulate so you can focus your efforts accordingly
    The latest usually will be 48hours after 1st positive opk (not earliest) and yep fertile window is usually considered 4 days prior to O and up to 1 day post (depending on when egg was actually released). Best conception chances sit in the -0-2 to 0-1 window though, I think, as an attempt on O day is giving less time to swimmers to capacitate and make it to the egg that is ready and viable for only 12 to max 24hours.
    (And no way my hubby would believe me – but he understands biology very well – he has a scientific background – but enjoy your hubs’ ignorance in that it can help you – after all he has accepted to try to conceive, so he would be none the wiser ^^).

9. Likes TtcBlue18, Mommy2apples liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/start.html
    All the tutes and so forth can be found here TTC

11. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lmsm, thanks a bunch! I will get a bbt tomorrow and start temping Thursday (hopefully).. that's what I thought about the opks. I must have just read it wrong in your post. So if I get him to do eod with 3 attempts following positive opk and then back to eod, it should look something like -4, -2, -1 (assuming positive opk is -1), O (am/pm), +1, +3..... or...... -3, -1 (assuming positive opk is -1), O (am/pm), +1, +3.. sorry if that looks like a bunch of jibberish you can't follow, I'm trying to plan out my bd in advance and cover all my bases. I'm not sure if dh really believes what I tell him or if he just doesn't want to argue, or if he figures I would know, or if he just doesn't think I would lie to him. Whatever the case may be, im just grateful for the added bonuses Now I just need to figure out how to get those 2-3 attempts before the positive opk without him knowing. Hmmmm...
    Last edited by TtcBlue18; June 28th, 2017 at 01:45 AM.
    Happily Married Since 2012
    2013 & 2015 & 2018

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b79c2

My Successful Blue Sway!
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

13. Likes Skyblue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone! Firstly thank you for all the pm's several of you sent ❤❤

I haven't caught up at all on what's happening but hope everyone is well and was hoping you could all post a quick update about yourself and I'll come back tomorrow morning and check 😀

I've missed you wonderful ladies so much!!! Big hugs ladies and cant wait to hear how you all are and where you're at!! I'm not back full on yet but will be before too long, I just have to know how you all are ❤

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yay PBN!! We have missed you!! I really hope all is well with you and baby!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LMSM - Thank you! So nice to have a change of scenery. What tests are you looking for? I find chemist warehouse the cheapest.

Nacire - Just looked at the test from my laptop and it's even clearer! Wohoooo! Hope the line is darker on Friday

Kat - Hoping to see an update and photo in the morning!

Pbn3 - YAY! I was just thinking I wonder how long it's been and when you'll be back! We have missed you heaps! How are you? Did you need a break?

Update from me:

I'm in the TWW, but temps aren't that high, just above coverline. I started to think I didn't even O, but temp went up a bit higher this morning.
    Here is my chart so you can see the attempts:

We are away at the moment in North Victoria and freezing! LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mum to three beautiful boys and one gorgeous daughter

DS - 11 DS – 9 DD - 4 (successful GD sway) DS - 2 (unsuccessful GD sway) DS - 10 months (whoops baby)

17. Likes NACIREMADREAM liked this post
Page 6 of 126 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast