Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pbn - I have no idea what to do Help!!!

So I got a flashing smiley on dual OPK this morning on CD9. I thought this seemed early for that (I just started testing yesterday) and thought maybe it had to do with the Clomid - but I went back to my August cycle (my pregnancy/miscarriage cycle), and turns out I had a flashing smiley on CD9 that cycle too. On that cycle I had 4 days of flashing, solid on CD13, we had an attempt on the night of CD13, and I think I ovulated on CD15. This past cycle I got a flashing on CD10, flashing for 3 days, solid on CD13, and of course we don't know exactly when I O'ed but likely CD15 or 16. So - I'm guessing I'll still get a solid smiley around CD13 - but can't be sure of that. Two cycles ago I got a +opk on CD10. And then there's the issue that my body takes FOREVER after +opk to actually ovulate - which I'm still hoping Clomid will help fix, but who knows.

So as far as when to attempt... I don't know... I was thinking on CD10 and CD13 (assuming +opk on CD13), but now I'm wondering if we should just wait until I get the solid smiley since I'm wondering if it might come earlier this cycle. DH is kinda pressuring us to start BD earlier/do more attempts as he really is ready for us to get pregnant. I'm REALLY ready to get pregnant too, but I still want the best odds of a girl

The other issue is whether to have him release or not. I just can't get over the worry that his sperm count of 99 mill will override everything else I have done in terms of swaying. BUT - I was thinking about it tonight, and his morphology % (normal sperm shape) is only 4%. Normal is 3% or higher but it sounds like the normal range goes up to like 15% - so he's definitely on the low end in terms of normal shape sperm. So even though he has a high count, maybe the actual number that are normal/ able to fertilize an egg is more in line w/ an average sperm count? Does that make sense? With 99 mill and a morphology of 4%, I guess it means that sample of DH's sperm had only like 4 mill "normal" sperm. So if a guy had a sperm count of like 40 mill and 10% normal morphology - he'd have 4 mill "normal" too. Yes - I'm overthinking it - and that's bad for my sway, I know It's just my one big hang up!! I'm not stressing about it all the time I just can't make a decision about how/when to attempt this cycle. I don't know whether to have him release before our attempt. I know we can get pregnant w/ a 14 hour pre-attempt release (as we did in August), but I also don't want to cut the odds of conception as I'm so sick of swaying lol!!!!

I'm wondering if maybe he should just release each night from now until the night of our attempt - so basically he would end up releasing 24 hours before attempt. Since our attempt will probably be in 2-4 days from now, that wouldn't really be FR, just a way to keep his sperm fresh and *maybe* lower count a bit.

That was way longer of a response Pbn than I think you were expecting!!!! Sorry!!!!!
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I kinda got lost in numbers on the sperm explanation but get the gist. Ok so I was actually going to suggest cd9 (tonight) and cd12, 15 (so an e3d pattern) simply because why not start on first day flashing smiley for something different and it has a nice feel to it - like things are getting going on you body so why not get the attempts going at the same time? Have dh release each night prior to attempt night (except tonight of course as too late for that). Any more than that and you may risk putting too much pressure on him (eg daily release) A release the night before will empty the tank so to speak so theoretically if it generally takes 48 hours for swimmers to recover then he'll be running on half a tank for your actual attempt..... how does that sit with you? You should still only end up with one attempt in fertile window but with increase odds of conception, you'll be covered for delayed o plus dh sperm count wont be at maximum health? Entirely up to you of course and what you're comfortable with xxoo

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hang on! You're having a scan cd13 so you'll get an idea how close to ovulation you actually should be! So maybe attempt tonight or tomorrow night and then see what result your scan brings?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pbn - that sounds reasonable. Except only problem is DH is already in bed tonight I could go in & get him up as he just went to bed not long ago but I feel like he wont be into it tonight. Should we just go back to the plan of CD10, 13, & 16? And maybe have him release the night of CD12 & 15?
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbn3 View Post
    Hang on! You're having a scan cd13 so you'll get an idea how close to ovulation you actually should be! So maybe attempt tonight or tomorrow night and then see what result your scan brings?

Yea I thought about that too - I'm REALLY hoping the Tuesday scan gives us a good idea of where things are at. Only issue is I wont get to talk to the doctor until the next morning when he calls me b/c he's out of the office on the day that I do my scan. But I will ask the tech to give me the measurement of the follicle. Will the ultrasound show if I've already ovulated? I've only had one u/s around ovulation time so I don't really know what to expect!!!
    2013 2015
    Three babies

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes as they will be measuring the size so by all means ask the u/s tech how far off ovulation they think you are. Yes go with you original plan of bding cd10 and then make a decision cd13 based on u/s. Can I say I'm dying for you to get to cd13 already!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also you're doing opks which will help in way of knowing how close you should be at u/s if you get a solid smiley that morning again (cd13).

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Pbn!!! I'll try to get all the information from the tech that I can I'm excited too I want the next few days to go faster!

How are you feeling?!!! Only a couple more months!!
    2013 2015
    Three babies

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good! But really tired! Didn't get much sleep last night between kids, husband and cats going to try and have a nap before the evening fun of dinner, baths and bed lol

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha yea I'm sure it's exhausting particularly at this stage of pregnancy!!! Naps are the best - I couldn't live without them! ENJOY!
    2013 2015
    Three babies

Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast