Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gizmo, I don't know any research to back it up, but conventional workout wisdom is that a pound of muscle burns more calories at rest than a pound of fat; that it takes more energy (calories) to maintain the muscle tissue. And like you said, since your muscles are growing stronger your body would need to use energy to promote and develop that growth, so I bet that is part of it too. Also even if you just take the basic example of men vs. women, they naturally have more muscle mass, and tend to burn off calories much faster than women.

I will say though it is one of those things I've always heard/read and can't point to anything directly to prove it!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    begonia, did i read somehwere that youwerent going to get a gender scan??? i was really hoping you would bc i feel like our sways are the most similar ;-) good luck regardless!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    greattt sway ,hope u get blue bean , .... i also planned to not find out this time
    2007 2009 and TTC in 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you light!!!

Gizmo I know, I totally stalked other swaying friends to see their nubs/20 week scans ... but for us I know for sure I just can't handle hearing "girl" unless I'm being handed a fat little wriggler to hold. And a good nub shot will give you a really, REALLY good idea IMHO so I think I'm better off avoiding that too. Sorry to disappoint! I totally get the wanting to know!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    well i stopped doing step recently bc i didnt feel any muslce building even with 2 risers..prob bc im up and down the stairs all day with the girls. i did the resting like you mentioned and i ended up making itto 35 min! and it felt great the next day. so thanks for the tips. thats intersting about the muscles burning calories at rest. do you mean to say the day after you exercise, since your muscles are growing or strong, it kills any extra calories you dont need? or how the heck does thatw ork? very interesting!
    A pound of muscle burns anywhere from 30-50 calories a day just from metabolism, whereas a pound of fat really doesn't burn much at all...just sits there like, well, a pound of fat!

Then, if you exercise, afterwards your muscle mass burns even MORE calories than it just does sitting there, up to 100 calories for each pound of muscle you have.

(These are just ballpark, average figures and everyone is different, of course.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    Thank you light!!!

Gizmo I know, I totally stalked other swaying friends to see their nubs/20 week scans ... but for us I know for sure I just can't handle hearing "girl" unless I'm being handed a fat little wriggler to hold. And a good nub shot will give you a really, REALLY good idea IMHO so I think I'm better off avoiding that too. Sorry to disappoint! I totally get the wanting to know!
    guess its opposite fo rme,. i didnt find out for either of my 2 DDs so since this may be my last i may want to know...esply to see if this diet works! but i never thought of the whole...how will i feel if its another girl...thru out the pgy...
    something to think about!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    A pound of muscle burns anywhere from 30-50 calories a day just from metabolism, whereas a pound of fat really doesn't burn much at all...just sits there like, well, a pound of fat!

Then, if you exercise, afterwards your muscle mass burns even MORE calories than it just does sitting there, up to 100 calories for each pound of muscle you have.

(These are just ballpark, average figures and everyone is different, of course.)
    awesome info! thanks!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    guess its opposite fo rme,. i didnt find out for either of my 2 DDs so since this may be my last i may want to know...esply to see if this diet works! but i never thought of the whole...how will i feel if its another girl...thru out the pgy...
    something to think about!
    I think that makes sense if you didn't find out before! I can see wanting to have the experience of finding out. My recommendation would be to have the tech write it down though; that way you and DH can have a private moment to find out together ... and if it is a girl and you're a bit bummed, you don't have some tech you don't even know judging you for your reaction.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We knew the first 2 were boys but we waited until the birth to find out with DS3 - I don't have any regrets, in all honesty I didn't give a monkeys what sex he was once he'd arrived - in that moment I was glad that he had arrived and was healthy and that I wasn't in labour anymore I definitely think both ways are good for different reasons!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Zanacal!!! That really, really encourages me. I keep thinking I'm only going to like the surprise if it is what I want, KWIM? Love hearing your experience; makes me think it will be fun no matter what the outcome

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast