Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello All,
    Will share a few things as per what I'm experiencing and I understand everyone has different symptoms, so do suggest:
    1: My blood reports came today, all seems k: thyroid, hemoglobin etc. But my vit D dropped to 12. In September 2016 it was 39.
    That's really gotten me worried. So, does your vit D usually drops in pregnancy or what? As lately I did put lots of effort to sit in sun n take vit D.
    2. For fun I did baking soda gender test at 5 week (ph6): Girl, 6 week (same ph6): girl and 7 week(Same ph6) but this time boy. How come? I thought it's just pH test but with with same pH different results.
    3. I know heartbeat is nothing to do with gender but my friends swear about it. My daughter heart rate was 160 at 7 week and later everytime same 150.
    This time my second pregnancy it's 131 at 7 week. So I'm slightly excited
    4. I don't feel like eating. Loss of appetite for regular food. But would like to eat meat, chicken, fish, cheese, fruits.
    What to do...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello All,
    Will share a few things as per what I'm experiencing and I understand everyone has different symptoms, so do suggest:
    1: My blood reports came today, all seems k: thyroid, hemoglobin etc. But my vit D dropped to 12. In September 2016 it was 39.
    That's really gotten me worried. So, does your vit D usually drops in pregnancy or what? As lately I did put lots of effort to sit in sun n take vit D.
    2. For fun I did baking soda gender test at 5 week (ph6): Girl, 6 week (same ph6): girl and 7 week(Same ph6) but this time boy. How come? I thought it's just pH test but with with same pH different results.
    3. I know heartbeat is nothing to do with gender but my friends swear about it. My daughter heart rate was 160 at 7 week and later everytime same 150.
    4. I don't feel like eating. Loss of appetite for regular food. But would like to eat meat, chicken, fish, cheese, fruits.
    What to do...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Boy Sway View Post
    Hello All,
    What to do...
    Congrats on your pregnancy!

1. Vitamin D can do some weird things during pregnancy -- my endocrinologist lectured me just recently on weaning off Vitamin D supps (outside of a prenatal) in pregnancy because of how calcium is leeched/processed in the body during pregnancy? Apparently extra Vitamin D can cause kidney stones according to him -- something for me to research... But I'd check in with your doctor if you can on what to do.
    2. Because there's no scientific basis for any of it! You'd likely get random results each time because it's a nonsensical test, especially if it's the same pH everytime (and pH testing, in general, has a lot of pseudoscience behind it) :P
    3. Total OWT, but if you're feeling more relaxed from it!
    4. First trimester is always tricky. The age old "baby will take what they need from you" is certainly true, but you could try the usual ginger supplements and such to see if it helps with your nausea. I wonder if you try incorporating some low impact exercise if that might lead to a higher appetite (I know exercise always kept my nausea down during the first trimester, too).

4. Likes Baby Boy Sway liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey,
    Good suggestions
    Im meeting my doctor tomorrow. Will discuss n see what ll she suggest about vit D. She actually told me to stop prenatals but without her knowing I'm still taking it. Still vit D came low.
    I'll definitely look at some exercise to deal with my appetite n nausea issues.
    In September my thyroid was 3.5 and I was worried that it ll be high this time too n I'll be put on medicines. But to my surprise it came 2.1. My body is behaving wired.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I think it's a wrong move to stop taking prenatals (as I already mentioned) and I am of the mindset that Vit. D actually needs to be a bit higher in pregnancy than otherwise. Most sources are in agreement that we need more like 1000-4000 in pregnancy, it may help with baby's brain development and prevent preterm labor and I think it's just about nutty to tell any pregnant woman to take less Vit. D out of some imaginary risk of kidney stones. I'm obviously not an endocrinologist, but I do know a lot of pregnant women, and a handful had kidney stones, whereas quite a few had premature labor so that seems like trading a dollar for a dime really.

Baking soda tests are nonsense. Just tells you the pH of the last foods you ate or drank and nothing about the gender of your baby.

Heartbeat tests do not work. They have been studied by scientists and found not to work. My daughter's heartrate was the lowest of my 5 kids!!!

Force yourself to eat what you can even if you don't feel like it. Even if it's a kind of an unhealthy option that you can stomach, eat it. With my last pregnancy the only meat I could eat was Big Macs and I ate them a couple times a week just to be sure I had some meat coming in regularly.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Baby Boy Sway thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, I know I should eat. I'm really trying hard.
    Also I met my doctor she told me to take a medicine which had components: Cholecalciferol 60000 IU for vitamin d deficiency.
    Isn't that too much?
    1 capsule one a week with milk for 8 weeks.

9. Thanks MsMarie89 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, because it's only once a week the dose is higher, I assume. Vitamin D is stored by your body so maybe this way it's stored and then you can use it all week.

I do know of several people who took 10000 IU daily for deficiency during pregnancy and that would add up to be a very similar amount.

Like I said I'm not a doctor and don't have the knowledge to know if that is ok or not.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Thanks Baby Boy Sway thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic for sharing your opinion

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    I had my 12 week & 2 day scan. Everything seems to be alright.
    With this pregnancy nasal bone is seen.
    Last pregnancy my daughter It was 1.8 but said Hypoplastic Nasal bone.
    I don't have good nub shot for guesses. But I ll share face pic, would really like if I could get couple of gender guesses.
    IMG_20170216_234129.jpg

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IMG_20170217_101714-1.jpg
    This is my daughter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast