Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic. Thank you so much for your help. As I mentioned, I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks in September, 2 months until HcG finally dropped and got AF. Then TTC last month and had a chemical at 4.5 weeks (bleeding stopping now). We REALLY want to sway blue. I'm using OPKs, BBT and CM monitoring and applying your timing method. Can you advise on my sway?
    Before this chemical, I have been eating a LOAD of cereal (grapenuts or fruit and fibre, whole milk or 2% or oat milk, and stevia), green tea, dark chocolate, about half to whole avocado a week, sweet potatoes (i hate normal potatoes), roast ham, humus, chicken, at least a banana a day, aout 3-4 green juices a week. I was taking a standard antenatal vitamin with 200 mg folic acid. I have since last week, intensified my sway: added in more cereal, more whole milk, v8, quinoa and veg with humus and roast ham for lunch, dark chocolate (by the bucket load - about 80 grams a day of 85%), chicory drink (trying to cut out coffee), green tea, 5 eggs a week, half an avo - 1 avo a week, pink lady apples, blueberries and raspberries (about 1 punnet a week), tangerines, lemon water.

I have started spinning intensley (wiht high resistance to build muscles) and a bit of barre and lifting weights a bit at home.

supplements: I have started taking (since last week) (a) myo-inositol with 200 mg folate (b) 1200 mg omega 3 (c) vitamin d 3000 (I am deficient) (d) ubiquinol 200 mg per day (e) NHP marilyn glenville fertility support with 400 mg of folacin included.

I have started adding nutritional yeast in also - its so so cold here (IN THE UK!) tha tI am having loads of hot drinks and soups.

I would LOVE twin boys. We have a daughter (1 year old) and are desparate not to wait too long as I am nearly 35, and we have had 2 miscarriages, so we dont want to hold off at the risk i have a few more miscarriages to go and it holds up the process...we have been waiting since last summer

however, we really want to get this as right as possible. my cycles are usually 33-35 days long and i usually ovulate on day 21. is this enough time to improve my sway (if it needs improving?)

thank you for reading! xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please bump this for me, I'd hoped to have time to come back to it this afternoon but it's nearly dinnertime and I don't have enough time to give you a proper reply right now!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic...BUMP! thank you x

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic... any chance you can advise? Im day 10 now and normally ovulate around day 21

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why are you on myoinositol - were you advised to take this by a doctor? We have found that to sway pink so let's wean off that now. Just start spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then drop it.

1200 mg Omega 3 is more than I generally recommend - I'd cut that back by half or else take every other day instead.

Vit. D, ubiquinol, and Marilyn Glenville

My concern is if you don't get pregnant this month, you're going to gain scads of weight eating that much. I'd consider (once you ovulate this month, that is) to ease off some of the food intake - esp. the sugary stuff like choc and banana. I'm just worried you will gain a lot of weight very quickly. If you're not gaining anything, hey, that's great! Don't worry about it in that case. You are eating almost exactly the kinds of things I was eating when I got my first three boys, especially my 3rd I was following very nearly the same sort of diet as you are now!

Don't overthink the "35" though. The idea that there is some magic switch that gets flipped the moment you turn 35 and your eggs go from good to bad - that isn't really a thing, it's just that there is a very gradual increase in risks/chromosomal damage that starts literally before we are even born and continues till menopause. Nothing happens when we turn 35, our body does not know we had a birthday, and our risks the day after we turn 35 are identical to the day before we turn 35. Doctors picked an age (and this was largely selected random and based on data from the 1600's, not modern women!!) at which the risks and fertility issues across the entire population began to go up slightly faster (but remember, this gradually increasing risk has been going up since before we were even born!). But this says nothing about YOUR chances, your risks, that is all individual to you, and does NOT suddenly skyrocket for any individual just because they're turning 35.

I had a boy at 37 and a boy at 39 and I got pregnant with them very easily. You're doing all the right things, just don't feel like you are under the gun in any way because you aren't! You got this!

So, to answer your question - try this month or wait? Since you've been already eating well, I'd be fine with you guys trying this month! absolutely. I do want to warn you that your ovulation day may move up with all that good food you're eating so be prepared for early ovulation! But it may stay exactly the same or even get delayed (sometimes when we're thinking a lot about TTC, our bodies detect that as stress and then delay ovulation) Follow your gut instinct and I think you're on target for a great blue sway.

7. Likes vnmora100 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic!
    Myo-insoitol was not advised by a doctor, happy to stop.
    Yes, the weight gain is an issue for me - I have avoided scales, but I think I am up a few kg already.I am CD15 now and got my first flashing smiley on the CB opk this morning, which is exactly the same as last month when I ovulated on CD 21-22.

with this in mind - is it "too late" to stop myo inositol now without it affecting my sway this month? I have been taking it for about 3 weeks i think already. max dose.

I am a bit worried im low on the protein side so going to "up" it this week as it is "o" week. I just wanted to check if this is worth it or if its a little too little too late?
    trying to cut back on dark choc, but I really have such a sweet tooth (typical girl!!!!!) x THANK YOU! x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want you to wean off the myo, don't just stop it. So you'll still be taking it at lower and lower amounts through ovulation and a little bit beyond.

I honestly can't say if it will affect your sway or not, I just don't have the ability to know stuff like that. Since you have gained some weight I think it best for you to go ahead and try this month.

It doesn't hurt for you to eat more protein. I'd keep doing that.

Tell me more about your exercise - how long are you doing that?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic.

MYOINOSITOL: may i ask whyi should start to reduce it? and also, if i do this now and through oi am still taking it- is it likely to have done its "damage" and affected my sway to pink?

EXERCISE:
    My exercise hasnt been great...I was doing a load of pilates over the summer, but since the miscarriage in september i slowed right down. I now do spinning 2-4 times a week (its an intense class, with a lot of resistance for muscle building). I meant to go to pilates tonight but my 12 month old is so ill with a virus i couldnt leave the house. I have got some weights in the house I could do some stuff maybe 10 - 20 mins a day? is it too late though given i should O in 4-6 days?

This week it looks as though i may O on Friday. i can only usually get to a class on thursday - sunday as the other days i am up at 5 am to leave for work and so tired when i get back at 6 and then have to put my 12month old down - hence my need for coffee!!

TIMING: in terms of timing - OH and I are both pretty wrecked given we were in a&e with my poor little 12 month old on sunday with a super high fever (on the mend though) . AmI correct we should DTD 0-4, 0 -2, 0-1, 0 ?

and if that timing is correct, is it just ONCE per day on those days? or is it eg morning and evening on 0 -1 and 0? or is that going to reduce OH sperm count.
    it doesnt help OH is on a batchelor weekend saturday afternoon back saturday night but probably with a lot of beer in his system...
    still though, if i am on track for a good sway i DEFINITELY would like to ttc this month. just only if it looks like i have made a good effort on this sway.

Also, on timing last month i did OPK in morning, afternoon, evening. problem is i drink a LOAD of water, and only seem to get strong results with FMU. I got a CLEARBLUE ADVANCED solid smiley at 5.30 am on day 21. Could it be that I "o"d actually on day 20, even thoug my ClearBlue digital (not advanced) test at 5.30 pm the night before showed negative because i know that LH SURGE usually starts around 8 am (is that true?) and tkaes approximately 6 hours to show in your urine, therefore maybe I ovulated the eve before and it didnt show until FMU? does LH surge get"stronger" as it continues?

last mont that we had the chemical pregnancy at 5.5 weeks, we DTD on the day i got my peak smiley (day 21), so i got my peak that day at 5.30 am and DTD around 9 pm that night, again 6.30 am the next morning. i did get pregnant that cycle but obviously the baby didnt continue beyond 5 weeks. could it be based on this theory that if sperm "catch" the egg after it has been released a bit (eg if i actually ovulated sooner than i thought) there is more chance it is starting to die off when the sperm fertilise it and therefore more chance of miscarriage? I dont want to set hares running just wanted to run this by you!

thank you SO much for reading xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should start to reduce it because it may sway pink and because dropping it suddenly may not be good for YOU or for a potential pregnancy. I do not think it's a dealbreaker for your sway or else I'd have told you to wait out this month. Since you've gained weight I really do think it best for you to try this cycle.

It's never too late for exercise. If you can fit in even just 10 minutes that's great.

The O-4 attempt is not important (as long as hubby can release sometime betweein O-6 through O-4 to "clean the pipes" LOL) but yes if you can have attempt O-2, O-1, and O Day that's great. Just once is enough, but if you can sneak in an extra attempt on O-1 that's even better. Attempts in the fertile window don't count for lowering sperm count, since the sperm are not wasted, they can survive up inside of you during the fertile window and have a chance at the egg.

No one can know when you ovulated based on your OPK results. No, it doesn't necessarily get darker the longer it goes on.
    It's unikely you Oed before you got a positive OPK, possible but not likely at all. It's far more likely that the opposite is true - you ovulate more days past the positive OPK than you think that you will.

There are so many reasons why a pregnancy doesn't progress, most of which are simply sheer bad luck. I seriously doubt that your loss was caused by BD too late or any such thing, conception is just a very complicated process in which hundreds of things have to go exactly right and sometimes they don't go exactly right.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast