Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is so helpful thank you!

one last question (I promise!)
    with timing, as its so difficult to know when O happened, and with the fact that I never seem to get a positive OPK aside from FMU (probably because I drink so much water) should I base my timings on O being 24 hours after the positive OPK (eg if 7 am on monday get an positive OPK, then I will assume O is 7 am Tues, and then DTD twice on the positive OPK day (Monday) and once on Tuesday in the morning?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it's fine to go off the OPK, just don't assume it will be at a certain hour because that isn't predictable. Sometime within 24-36-48 hours after that first positive, you will ovulate. If you prefer to think of it as being more like 24 hours, that's totally up to you, but it really doesn't matter so awfully much, just have attempt day of positive OPK, again the next morning, and the following night. OR, 2 attempts day of pos OPK if you prefer, then again the following morning/night. You are just trying to get in with 3 attempts in that fertile window no matter how you get there.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    okay thank you
    in terms of frequency - how far apart shall we space DTD on the OPK positive day? my OH is away from 12 pm until..god only knows as he is on a batchelor party on my positive OPK day that night. So I could DTD that morning and again maybe 12 pm, but after that I will proably have to leave it. I am just worried as I thought if we just DTD once on that day that it would be swaying PINK? i thought DTD once every day is pink?!

-= I have been trying to track BBT also, and I know that O is most often between the lowest and the highest of the cycle.
    my cycles are funny, but I always get a positive OPK with FMU the day after my temp drops, and on on the same day that my temperature spikes which would make it seem as though I "o" on the day that it spikes.
    howver, then the two days after the positive OPK, it rises a bit further each day... so its difficult to tell!

on the basis of your advice, i will go for DTD the day BEFORE the dip and the day before the FMU positive OPK (day 19) (bearing in mind I may get a positive OPK during the day of day 20 if i didnt drink so much water during the day)then skip Day 20 , DTD twice on day 21 (day of FMU OPK) and again dtd day 22.

thank you again - you are such a help xxxxxx I CANT WAIT TO TELL YOU THIS HAS ALL BEEN A WONDERFUL BLUE SUCCESS!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't matter, whenever you can. there is no right or wrong amount of hours to do it.

No, DTD once in your entire fertile window sways pink. So people who have sex only one time from O-3 through O Day are more likely to have girls. But you would have sex more than one time, albeit on different days so more than one attempt.

I'm not sure you can tell when you're ovulating based on what you're telling me. I would err on the side of caution and have sex before the temp rise, since temp rise can mean the egg is dead and gone.

5. Likes vnmora100 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    okay thank yo u- this would mean that i would O before the first OPK at 7 am. Maybe I could have started the surge at about 8 am the day beofre and have a really short one?! its SO confusing!! I will go for one attempt a day over the period and hope for the best - I just really dont want to ruin my blue sway and turn it pink!!!

thank you once again, your help is so appreciated x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you are ovulating when you think you are based on what you're describing. You can't tell what day you O on based on any of these things. Only ultrasound or blood tests tell you when you ovulate. You can't tell when you ovulate to the day, let alone to the hour, not using OPK, symptoms, or temping. We can get close enough to get pregnant, but we cannot know O day and we for sure can't know the hour.

What I am trying to express to you is do not wait till the temp rise to have sex. This used to be what some people would try to do. They thought that the temp rise was O day and so had attempt that day, but the temp rise usually occurs after the egg is dead. That's all I'm trying to say.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    okay thank you!! sorry for my confusion. I meant that the "dip" before the temp rise happened the last 2 months on the day before i even got an OPK. so thats why i cant work out why the opk would only be positive once the rise has already happened. but... like you say, safer just to DTD over the suspected O days. I have been monitoring CM also in case that makes any difference - with a boy sway should i only DTD until the EWCM stops and turns creamy? I have read this elsewhere..

thank you again

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you post a chart? I may be able to shed some light.

Also, sorry if you mentioned this already, but do you have a regular cycle??

No, please don't go off EWCM. We have found a large minority of women who have their EWCM go creamy the day before O and another large minority who have EWCM for a day or two after O (and you can be in one group and go into the other - EWCM patterns can and do change with swaying.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by babybluedreamer; March 15th, 2018 at 04:58 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic

I just posted the images of my chart the last few months. my CM monitoring is not very regular - apologies. but hoefully something is shown on the BBT pattern which you may be able to help things.

On my cycle - it is hard to tell. basically, before i fell pregnant in april 2016 with my baby (born jan 2017), i hadnt had a period for 14 months. i had had eating problems and overexercised etc. anyway, i got pregnant and all was fine. i started my periods around may after she was born, and again 29-31 days later i think i got anothr period, then i got pregnant but i miscarried in september, had 2 x d&cs in 2 months and then didnt get a period again until the end of november. I then started tracking (as per the charts in photos), and then i got pregnant first month we tried last month, but it was a chemical, i got positive preg tests for 10 days and then i "miscarried" really early at 5 or so weeks so period was again a bit late.

This month, I have had a "flashing" smiley (so high not peak) fertility now since day 15 (sunday of this week). [last month, same i had flashing smiley day 15 until day 21 when i got a solid positive smiley. In December my flashing smiley was not until day 18, but solid positive OPK was on day 21 again]

We "DTD" last month on day 21 (evening of day of solid positive smiley with FMU), then on day 22 in the morning and again in the evening. CM was EWCM during that time. Cm then turned tacky/ creamy and we stopped all intercourse

This month - we DTD last night and tonight, and as you set out we will DTD tomorrow night, Saturday morning and Sunday morning and night. (let me know if i have misunderstood!!!) thank you xxx

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast