Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have a couple attempts anyway just in case the tests aren't detecting the surge but keep testing!

Sometimes stress, even seemingly minor, does delay ovulation. I have noticed (several times, sigh!!) that between our Thanksgiving holiday and Christmas shopping and preparations that my ovulation can be delayed and then I end up almost always getting my period right on the holidays! It's happened SOOOO often that I pretty much expect it by this point! :/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I would have a couple attempts anyway just in case the tests aren't detecting the surge but keep testing!

Sometimes stress, even seemingly minor, does delay ovulation. I have noticed (several times, sigh!!) that between our Thanksgiving holiday and Christmas shopping and preparations that my ovulation can be delayed and then I end up almost always getting my period right on the holidays! It's happened SOOOO often that I pretty much expect it by this point! :/
    Thank you it's a bit reassuring to hear

Haha I feel you, I've heard about this whole "periods that delay right on holidays". Never happened to me in winter but it did happened for summer holidays and it's a bummer having AF starts while you're enjoying the sea

I've already had late O's (twice this year alone, well before starting the diet) but I usually needs a major change or trauma hence my surprise this time around. But I do admit I had some pretty bad nights because of the stress, the travels and heat this month so lack of sleep alone may have done it.

I'll carry on with the tests (still neg this afternoon). It should have been O-1 today (O has been on the 30th for the last six months). Should I get the couple attempts there ? We already BD yesterday night just in case OPK was a false neg (which I doubt but you never know)...
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Still neg as of this morning. I'm wondering if I'll even O this month at this rate

Dreaming of a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agh sorry just got to this post!

Yes do go ahead and ahve a couple attempts when you normally get O (or ASAP since we are past that now) just in case we're getting false negatives. They do sometimes give false negatives)

I think it's most likely your O is delayed. It will still happen, just may be off a week or so (and then your period will come late as well in that case.)

ARe you eating a lot of simple carbs like candy, bananas, bread? we may want to cut back somewhat on those.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, will do tonight. We DTD on the 28th, the 29th already but nothing on the 30th since DH was feeling unwell and tired because of the heat.

About carbs ? Hm no ? At least not what you mentionned... I did have some chips lately because we had been eating outside a lot while out of town (at friends' or at pubs). But other than that I tried to stay close to the diet : cereals in the morning (crunchy oat with red berries), meat twice a day with either pasta, lentils or beans, fruits (mango), chestnuts (a bit more than usual, could it be that ?) and fruit juices (blueberry, orange, grapes, apple + coconut water). Even at the heat wave peak, when not too hungry, I made a point of eating meat. I've had more potatoes lately, maybe that ? I've eaten some that are mashed with eggs then fried. Buy them all made and just heat them a bit in the oven. Thought it would give me a bit eggs since I have trouble eating them.

Dreaming of a

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DH blames the heat (no AC). It started a week ago and peeked just before O so...

As for BD for now we've had :
    July 16th right at the end of AF
    The 19th and 20th if memory serves right.
    The 23rd
    The 25th
    28th and 29th
    31st today.
    I hope it at least amounts to a good number of attempts to raise fertility.
    Last edited by Sora; July 31st, 2018 at 01:17 PM.

Dreaming of a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok good I'd have had u take that day off anyway.

Re the carbs - it sounds like you're doing just fine, keep doing what you've been doing. What I wanted to be sure of was that you weren't eating tons of bananas and so on on top of your HE Diet. People will often decide "well, I'll do everything in BOTH diets" plus keep going with their normal habits of candy/cookies/cakes and then they end up eating 4000 cals a day and tons of carbs. This can make some people who are prone to PCOS, have delayed ovulation. But I don't think that is what is happening here.

yes you've had a wonderful amount of attempts, keep going with every other day and then hit it with 3 attempts at pos OPK when you get one.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Ok good I'd have had u take that day off anyway.

Re the carbs - it sounds like you're doing just fine, keep doing what you've been doing. What I wanted to be sure of was that you weren't eating tons of bananas and so on on top of your HE Diet. People will often decide "well, I'll do everything in BOTH diets" plus keep going with their normal habits of candy/cookies/cakes and then they end up eating 4000 cals a day and tons of carbs. This can make some people who are prone to PCOS, have delayed ovulation. But I don't think that is what is happening here.

yes you've had a wonderful amount of attempts, keep going with every other day and then hit it with 3 attempts at pos OPK when you get one.
    Oh glad to hear that, it's a bit reassuring.

I used to try and have bananas at first but don't like them much and my girls kept stealing them to snack plus my doc did say any fruit was fine and I happen to like mango more. Hate candy and as for cookies/cakes I stopped them when I started the diet, knew I would gain anyway through meat and fruits and didn't want to add more weight on top of that. So bye cakes, maybe one day

4000 cals ! Nah I couldn't, , rest assured I won't ever go near that amount even for a DS ! When you know that in France a healty non-preg woman is told not to go above 1200 cals, 1800-2000 already seems like Mt Everest to me

Dreaming of a

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mango is WAY better for blue than bananas!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG OPK+ can't believe it !!!!!! We already kinda BD yesterday though, hope DH will be ok ?

WhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdo ? Wonder if there's something more that I could try. Didn't find preseed but I don't think it would have helped, DH says I'm already all kind of slippery so don't want any sperm to fall out

Soo at least 3 attempts right ? That night, morning after and night after ? And maybe day after if possible ? And then 2WW.

Dreaming of a

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast