Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gizmo I see so much of my past emotions/thoughts in you right now! After finding out my initial thought process was wondering what on earth I did "wrong" and I analyzed my sway so much that I had to delete it. I couldn't figure out why it didn't work. And the thing is there's no way of knowing... MILLIONS of sperm were there, for all you know your sway could have gotten it to where 95% of those were Y, but an X still won. And from reading your sway, it did work in that you saw all those changes... I know for sure I changed my body, but still... a girl. It was REALLY frustrating. I don't typically play games I can't win, KWIM? But you can't control this, at all... it is a gamble every time w/o pgd. Anyhow the obsession over your sway will fade, I promise.

I also had to smile because we too sold our house just prior to pg! Things lined up perfectly and we bought my dream house... literally a house I used to walk by and dream of having. Things were going so well this past year that NOT getting my DG felt THAT much harder, because it felt like things were all coming together so well, how could this not happen too? LOL. Again, for me, the sway caused me to lose focus on what mattered: having another healthy baby. The GD is crazy blinding though and will make you look past the huge blessing of another child and only see the gender, and not only that, make you think that this baby's gender is somehow the most important thing EVER. And it isn't. And while you can know that rationally it is very hard to feel it while pregnant. I think boyjoy put it all really, really well Her post made me smile too.

I really wanted to do pgd for awhile after finding out but dh is set against it. We'll either adopt or roll the dice again if we go for 4. I love pregnancy and L&D so the idea of doing that one more time is really appealing. Like you though, I don't know if DH would have considered a 4th had it not been for the GD I went thru with this pg. Now he's really into the idea of one more, LOL... he's totally smitten with his newest DD and doesn't want this to be our last baby. I never thought I'd have four kids but it doesn't seem so crazy to me anymore, so who knows?

Anyhow I'm glad you're posting and working through this here! Maybe we'll both go for #4 at the same time

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks begonia, your words really soothe me and its nice to know there are others out there that feel and take things the same way as me. i do feel like i "failed" at some competition (against myself or against the odds apparently). today i feel like for those who do sway and get their desired gender were probably already likely to have their desired gender eventually even if they never swayed. for ppl like me who swayed hard core..the ultimate sway with no "mistakes" are more likely to conceive one gender only. and the odds of them getting their desired gender are just harder or less likely. i have an aunt who had like 3 or 4 girls in a row (and they wanted like tons of boys) and they just kept going and going and i think finally #5 or whatevr was a boy..then another girl..then one more boy (she had one pg where she delivered still birth a baby boy). there are ppl out there who do PGD and just cant accept an XY embryo (or XX). i DO feel like its kind of a sign...a balance perhaps that a high being only knows WHY its this way.
    we are defly not in a position to keep going and going until we have one boy..thats why im thinking more and more of PGD. when i 1st heard of it i was appalled. but the more i research it today, i think why not. its available. dh thinks its just "not right." and that something may happen to the baby (birth defects from pulling cells out to test). im worried about that too, but you can hav e birth defects naturally too. at least i THINK DH may be more onboard for #4 at this point (bc of certain things he says) but we'd still have to have a discussion. well istill also want to see how life is with 3 1st myself, then decide on #4, then decide on PGD. i dont think i can sway again (like you begonia and others) and "risk" having it not work after my having gone thru all that (not that PGD will be any easier). i dont know how (i think it was) flava or TTC5 was able to come to terms with swaying again after a "failed" sway.
    i mean i felt like i worked so hard. id just be working harder esply having 3 kids around. the expense of food, the weight lifting. the drinks, eating constantly. explaining to ppl im NOT pregnant (hahah). making sure DH is getting his stuff. why would it work again.
    i do have to say tho that i DO like beef better (normally i was a chicken eater) and i have always liked large breakfasts (but defly not when im dieting and boy WILL i be after this princess is done cooking!..by way of breastfeeding of course!). but iim starting not to care so much about cheese. im starting to CRAVE salads. could be pregnancy related too, but i guess i did take SOMETHING from swaying..eating better. could be me getting older too. who knows. so many variants.

so honestly, im hoping dh will be up for PGD. i doubt we would adopt. i think DH is more not for that than pgd (well im not sure actually i could be wrong..but i think he d rather have "his own"). i LOVE being pregnant and L&D also..so id much rather pgd then adopt. or just try again aimlessly vs adopt. so still a long road for me but we'll see what happens when i get there.

itd defly be nice to keep in touch with all you guys and get updates. ill be interested to see you begonia, if you sway unconsciously when/if you TTC for #4 (i think i would!)

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    xoxoxo for you Gizmo and KUP if you guys ever decide to go HT xx
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks 5 and good luck to you!!!

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou xxx
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456