Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BFP on first attempt - in major shock! Here's my sway...

Well first of all I am in total shock- for our DD and DS2 we took 1 year + TTC - I was diagnosed with PCOS and so was gearing up for another long 12 months. We had our first attempt and I got a BFP yesterday on CD 27 - I usually have 32 day cycles. I'm not rally sure when I ovulated but I'm thinking it might have been 10dpo - and it was a strong line, so hopefully that is a good indication. I have had some pink cm though so I'm praying it stays sticky!!

Ok so my sway was like this....

Gender result unknown- update, it's a GIRL!
    DW age - 28
    DH age - 29
    Current children/gender - DD7, DS5, DS1
    Number of months TTC - 1!!!!
    Did you purchase a plan - no

Diet:
    Did you follow a diet plan? Yes, LE briefly
    Comments regarding DW diet changes - In the 4 months prior to my sway I had been on a weight loss challenged at work. I started at 69kg and dropped to 62kg in that time. I basically reduced my portions and did a lot of cardio. I started the LE diet the month before the sea, I pretty much ate yoghurt with strawberries around 11:00, pita bread with numbing cheese and tzatki for lunch, skittles and some sort of rice/pasta for tea. My weight got to about 61kg - which is my lowest weight since having kids. I did have a few cheats close to my attempt though!!! Pizza, bit of meat etc. I did give up orange juice and chocolate which are my weaknesses though.

Length of time on diet - loosely for 5 months, stricter for 1 month
    Did you skip breakfast - I always have, so yes
    Did DH change his diet - not heaps, he has put on about 10kg ove the course of the year though
    Did you consume alcohol? Me no, DH yes
    Did you limit caffeine - I never drink caffeine

Weight and exercise
    Weight leading up to o - 61kg
    Weight/exercise comment - lowest weight since having DD 7 years ago. I was at the gym hardcore doing cardio but limited that before my attempt, still played basketball regularly and walked the dog

Things in VG

pH - unknown, I did by a vagitest pH kit - it always had me at about 4 not sure how accurate though
    VG potions used - rephresh every 2nd day around O, I also used 1/2 applicator of acijel before each attempt around 1-2hours b4 dtd
    Cm pH at attempt - unknown
    DH pH - unknown
    Hw many BD attempts - a lot! I got a positive OPK on Tuesday (cd 16) we BD, cd 15, cd 16, cd17, cd 19, cd 21
    Other comments - I'm not sure when I o'd, while my first positive OpK was on cd 16, I continued to get strong positives until cd20 which is why we let BDing. I wasn't temping, I didn't have much Cm. I did feel O pains on Thursday night (cd18) from previous cycles I usually o between cd 18-20. If I go by when I got my BFP it was negative on cd26 and positive on cd28. So if I count back 10dpo I'm thinking maybe cd18 which was the Thursday meaning we had bd attempts -3 days, -2 days, -1 day, +1 day, +2 days

The deed info:

DH swimmers - very frequent release, he released at least an hour prior to all our attempts, so they were always attempts with a second batch of sperm, he sustained this for 7 days during O, but he also released daily throughout my cycle
    Bd position - most of the time it was doggy as it was the only way he could finish
    Jump and dump - sometimes yes, mostly no

Supplements:
    DW supplements - vitex AF - O, saw palmetto AF - O, zirtek around O, folic acid
    DH supplements - licorice root 3 x day AF - O, mega cranberry tablet AF - O

Anything with ions - not really, less time around technology, more time outdoors
    Moon phase - no idea
    Old wives tales - nope

Things that make me feel great about my sway - the fact I did frequent release which we did when we got our first daughter, the fact I lost weight, the supplements to help lower my testosterone, the rephresh and acijel to bring down my pH, also I have always thought I would have G,B,B,G so hopefully fate plays a part

Things that make me nervous about my sway - I had cheats around O, I wasn't as strict on the diet as I could be, a lot of BDing - raising testosterone, my PCOS, no jump/dump

That's it! Wish me luck!! Sorry it isn't in the right format :-(
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; February 9th, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
    2005 2007 2011 (failed IG sway but so blessed to have him) Number 4 is on the way - July 2013!! Praying for a healthy

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GL!!!! XXX
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck on you girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Goodluck, your sway looks good. Congrats on your bfp first month trying!
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congrats on your BFP!!!
    Mom to my DS and my baby girl

Thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming

link to my sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!!
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome! GL!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your BFP! FX for your girl

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just an update! Had my gender scan today - It's a GIRL!!!!

We feel beyond blessed. Thank-you so much to this wonderful site for giving my daughter the gift of a sister. After one failed sway and PCOS I didn't think it possible.

I honestly believe the weight loss, VERY frequent release, LE diet, vitex, saw palmetto and acijel were the deciding factors for me!
    2005 2007 2011 (failed IG sway but so blessed to have him) Number 4 is on the way - July 2013!! Praying for a healthy

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbmk View Post
    Just an update! Had my gender scan today - It's a GIRL!!!!

We feel beyond blessed. Thank-you so much to this wonderful site for giving my daughter the gift of a sister. After one failed sway and PCOS I didn't think it possible.

I honestly believe the weight loss, VERY frequent release, LE diet, vitex, saw palmetto and acijel were the deciding factors for me!
    Congratulations
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast