TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
    Gender Result:
    Girl
    DW Age:
    DH Age:
    Current Children's Gender(s)
    boy, boy
    Number of Months TTC
    Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
    No
    DIET
    Did you follow a diet plan?
    Yes
    If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
    • Other

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
    On changes, I was always a big breakfast and even breakfast cereal eater. I was also a grazer. Big changes for me was to skip breakfast and try not to snack (not always very successful). I also love red wine, I switched to White Zinfandel (Beringers comes in a cheap 6 pack of bottles at our Costco). I was doing Crystal Light in the months prior to our attempt and artificial sweeteners was new for me too. At the time I conceived my boys, I know I was trying to eat more protein and just eat healthier in general. Almonds or fruit for snacks, big dairy eater like milk, cottage cheese. Whole grains, no artificial sweeteners.
    If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
    I did do the diet for about 2 months prior to our first attempt but it took us 6 cycles to conceive.
    Did you skip breakfast regularly?
    Yes
    Did DH change his diet with you?
    No
    Comments regarding DH's diet-
    He had gastric bypass surgery two years ago and does his own thing with eating. He eats a higher protein, very salty diet. Big soda drinker. Likes red meat and beer.
    DId you consume alcohol?
    • A couple of drinks per week

DId you try to limit caffeine?
    No, I did not factor that into my sway
    Any Diet Details?
    -
    Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
    I did the hCG diet prior to swaying and lost 40 pounds in 5 months. This is a very low calorie, low carb diet. After doing this diet my body was hungry for carbs and I started trying LE. With my new eating freedom, I didn't do a good job of counting calories, I more focused on eating low nutrient high carb foods - I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. I know I did not really do LE and I know I did it wrong. In my 6 months of swaying I gained back 35 of the 40 I had lost, this was also over the holidays and I never do well eating over the holidays. I did skip breakfast but managed to eat enough calories for lunch and dinner to gain weight. Don't do what I did Do what AS suggests.
    WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
    What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
    I had a stomach bug for the week leading up to o, I wasn't throwing up but had diarrhea and no appetite so I was hardly eating and was losing weight for the first time in 6 months. I lost about 3-4 pounds that week from eating so little. Afraid I don't know BMI but I am overweight now in general.
    Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
    I did exercise 4-6 days a week for the 5 months leading up to this attempt. I started out jogging around my neighborhood but my knees got bad fast. I ended up on the elliptical at my gym most days of the week for an hour. Interestingly enough though, since I had been very sick for the 3 weeks just before our successful attempt, I had not exercised at all for the 3 weeks up to our attempt. So technically I was a couch potato but that wasn't my big picture.
    THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
    pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
    -
    Any VG potions used?
    • NO

CM pH at attempt
    -
    DH pH
    -
    How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
    BD Dates according to Ovulation
    • 2 Days Before O
    • O Day

Any additional comments?
    I used Vitex to push when I would o (I don't seem to o when I'm taking Vitex) to get past a Christmas due date. I'm very irregular anyway. I didn't know when I would o so when we BD 2 days before, it wasn't on purpose or part of the sway, we just did. Then 2 days later I got the darkest opk test I had ever seen, my line was darker than the control line! I figured we had to try
    I also think I used to have eggwhite CM at o, I have been much more watery when I o now, I think I have changed my body chemistry in all this.
    THE DEED INFO
    DH Info about Swimmers
    • BD every few days

BD Position
    Missionary
    Did you Jump and Dump?
    • No

Any relevant attempt details?
    I put my hips on a pillow for 10-15 minutes, after 6 months of trying I just wanted to get pregnant. It may have even been the swimmers from 2 days before that got there first? I did big O when we BD at pos opk, I don't remember if I did the 2 days before, sorry, probably not. Prior to attempt we BD every 5 days, not on purpose, it's just when we did. Also we did take a shower, on the hot side but not super hot, before attempt.
    SUPPLEMENTS USED
    DW Supplements
    • Vitex
    • Baby asprin
    • folic acid

DH Supplements
    -
    Any additional supplement info?
    DH had done Licorice Root and Cranberry for the 5 months prior but because we were so sick for the few weeks before the attempt he hadn't done them that cycle.
    I had used Chitosan before but not in this cycle, I think it works great. I wished I had added acidophiles.
    Did you do anything with Ions?
    I washed with Lavender bar soap or body wash, painted my nails a few times with OPI It's A Girl nail polish. Ceiling fan was on for attempt.
    Moon Phase during conception?
    Waning Gibbous
    Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
    Wooden spoon with peach ribbon tied around it (I like peach better than pink) and girl outfit both under mattress. I don't put much stock in the Chinese Calendar but after conceiving, almost ever site I checked said we were having a girl. I did not use this information prior to the attempt, just though it was interesting.
    Things that make me feel great about my sway:
    Losing weight and being sick up to attempt (I had a bad sore throat for 2 weeks then a stomach bug for the week before) DH found out the next week he had double pneumonia (meaning pneumonia in both lungs) when we attempted. Both of us were in a declining condition when attempting. I still totally believe in the intense exercise, even though I don't know if it can technically be counted as part of my sway since I wasn't doing it for the 3 weeks before the attempt. Also general changes in diet.
    Things that make me nervous about my sway:
    My big picture was that I was gaining weight throughout the attempting, even though I lost weight the week before. I know the big picture matters. I had wanted to be exercising when we attempted, was too sick. I hoped to get rid of dark hairs on my chin and nipples in all this but I didn't, and still got a girl!
    Things worth mentioning:
    I knew ultimately I had to trust God that whoever was right for our family is who we would get. I felt like swaying was my way of telling God, "I'd really love to have a girl and these are my efforts to show you how much it means to me." I think we can take an active part in what happens in our lives, that why He gave us a free-will. I also believe He has a plan for my life, I just think I get to participate in it.
    Last edited by Dancin Machine; June 22nd, 2015 at 03:14 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck! ��
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

3. Thanks Dancin Machine thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good luck!! your boy diet was just like mine...ate cereal ALL the time.
    Mom to three princes (9) (8) (20 months)...hoping for a to complete our beautiful family. Come on and make yourself at home!!

5. Thanks Dancin Machine thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great sway! Congratulations ! X
    2003 - 2005 - 2013
    march 2012 m/c
    April 2014 ectopic pg

Faith makes things happens

7. Thanks Dancin Machine thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome! Congratulations!
    praying and swaying

9. Thanks Dancin Machine thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome! Congratulations on ur girl
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

11. Thanks Dancin Machine thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

13. Thanks Dancin Machine thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!
    8/06 DS, 4/11 DS, 6/13 DS, Swayed for a GIRL & am expecting TWINS!! A & A EDD 8/15

15. Thanks Dancin Machine thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for posting!! If you have a spare minute, if you enter your data into the spreadsheet itself it goes into our overall stats.

huge congrats and so happy for you!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

17. Thanks Dancin Machine thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS, I actually did the spreadsheet first. I just couldn't post this in the "results" section, maybe you do that? Anyway, thank you for everything, this is really a dream come true!!
    since 4/2003
    Ezekiel since 3/2009
    Luke since 2/2011
    Kei since 1/2015!!!
    Thank you Atomic and all my girls in the Exercise Motivation Group!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast