Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Nervous + First Time Swayer

Hi guys,
    I am very new here and a bit nervous to be posting for the first time.

We had a daughter in January 2011 but unfortunately I had a placental abruption at 36w6d and lost her so each pregnancy is approached with a lot of anxiety and trepidation.
    Our son was born in August 2012 and he is amazing, but we still want another little girl to finish our family.
    We are currently trying to conceive what will be our definite last baby.

Along with LE diet changes, these are the things that we are currently doing/willing to do for our sway. I would love some feedback? Also would love to know if it's too much all in one month? Or not enough?

Low dose aspirin/day (Our obstetrician advised me to take aspirin when ttc anyway after losing our daughter)
    Cranberry/day
    Calcium/Magnesium dose/day
    Caffeine - I have a moderate amount
    Sylk (I also have rephresh but I'm on the fence about it at the moment)
    Frequency - currently tossing up between CFR & Abstain - (we have to decide on that in the next day)
    Attempts - 1 (+/- J&D)
    I have also purchased PH strips to test when I have some fertile CM.

Husband is currently taking cranberry as well.

ETA: Timing wise, I'm a little unsure because on this thread (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...nfo-links.html) it says 4+ days cut off had a higher success rate, but last month a 4 day cut off wasn't successful (I'm sure there's lots of reasons why it couldn't have been successful but I'm just not sure what to do this month)

Thanks for reading

Teagan
    Last edited by tgnalx; December 14th, 2015 at 12:33 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI and welcome, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Do not take both cranberry and aspirin. You risk very severe side effects doing that. Since your doc advises aspirin, then you need to drop the cranberry. They do the same thing anyway so it also helps with pH, no worries there.

I think you're getting a lot of info from our stats threads and before proceeding please read this. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...hts-stats.html Our stats are useful and interesting but they are not completely reliable and I do not want anyone to just go through and do ALL the things that have worked best in the stats.

longer than 4 days cutoff - did you see the sample size on that?? It's miniscule and one lucky sway takes that right back down to the overall results of the site range. other studies show longer than 4 days actually may sway blue (if it sways at all, which I seriously doubt) Additionally, based on 7+ years of doing this, I very much doubt that most of those people did have that long a cutoff. 9 times out of ten when people get pregnant with what they THINK is that long a cutoff, they ovulated sooner than they realized. Timing doesn't sway http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html it doesn't work and the best studies we have show 50-50 boys and girls conceived every day of the cycle. 4 day or more cutoff is very slim odds of conception as well. What does work is one attempt, and we are getting girls with one attempt 70-75% of the time. IT is best to stick to one attempt (which works) and then put that one attempt on a day where you have at least SOME chance of conception.

RE CFR, this is something I believe to be again, a statistical red herring. A small sample size and the fact that this is always done wiht one attempt, makes it look effective when it isn't. Most of the people who filled out that spot didn't even DO proper CFR anyway (which needs to be 2-3 releases a day for 2-3 days BEFORE day of attempt and then the attempt needs to be second batch of that day) Most people do want to start off doing some kind of frequency pattern, so go with what your husband feels will be doable because the stress factor of CFR is super high and when done properly, it cuts odds of conception by quite a lot.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ