Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can someone PLEASE help??In URGENT need for advice

Hi ladies,

I will be ovulating this Sunday, we are on Tuesday now and I fell like Im destroying my sway. Im so confused by all what I read that I keep chaning my plans!

Have been on the LE diet (which im really hating) for the last month or so, killing myself in the gym for 1 hour cardio everyday and drinking lots of diet cokes. This is as much as Im doing as I really dont want to decrease my chances of getting pregnant. A few days ago I discovered that since I have POCS my diet should have been different. My initial plan was to Abstain from AF until OPK+, after reading a lot about birth defects due to abstaining etc... I started panicking so decided to change my sway and do Frequent BD instead. I started this 5 days ago but DH is finding it pretty hard and we still have 6 more days to go. I saw Atomic suggested to BD every 4 days.. but Im not sure if its already too late for this! Last BD was Monday, yesterday DH just released so if I was to change to E4D now I would just have one more BD on Thrusday and then next one would be Monday already after O (if ever I do O on Sunday since Im not always regular) What do you think? Is it too late to change to E4D?? Should I just stop all and just do HURRY UP FR when I get an OPK+? I REALLY want my little girl but overall I REALLY REALLY want to get pregnant this month, so what would you recommend?

I have a little 1 year old boy that I dont even know how I conceived as we werent trying. Since I have POCS I always thought it would be harder to conceive but it was definitely not the case with DS1, i believe it was a 1 off attempt at O.

Thanks so muuch!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is not too late to switch to BD every 4 now. There is no way that the sperm from today (or yesterday) will live thru to Sunday. You can do this with hurry up FR still if you'd like, it will cut odds of conception though.

I would have you have an attempt NOW (even tho DH just released, that doesn't matter) and then pick it up with the e4d pattern from here on in. So today (Tues for me, then again on

RE diet, since you're doing the diet I believe this undoes a lot of the blood sugar stuff that can happen on standard LE diet with PCOS. So I would not worry as much about that as I would a person who wasn't exericisng and eating a ton of white carbs.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic, i really appreciate all your advice. What is the likelihood of getting pregnant with the e4d pattern? Should I add another attempt at opk+ Just to make sure I catch the egg? My only concern with this plan is that I believe I conceived my son with a pretty similar pattern, BD every 4-5 days, 1 attempt and JD. and ive always heard to do the opposite of what you did! I was thinking in my case with the diet and all the exercise Im doing if I was to try the SMEP plan which is the opposite of what I did to make sure I get pregnant what would be the likelyhood of it being a girl? And if i did the e4d pattern with 3 attenpts at opk+ with JD?? Thanks again

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviously I'd let atomic weigh in, but I would keep doing things that have been shown to sway pink, even if they are closer to what got you your boy. I'd hate to see you do things that actually sway blue in an effort to do the opposite!
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply fotroxmama! My question is why does SMEP actually sway blue? if we already know that timing and frequency dont sway!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are several things that were once believed to sway:

Timing (has been debunked and most of us on here have 2-3-4 timing opposites)
    Frequency (may help a teensy bit but has not really seemed to do much for us other than cut odds of conception)

And one thing no one guessed at but has seemed to be the case for us:

Number of attempts. (no one even suspected that this may be playing a part, but our results have shown that number of attempts seems to really work, with fewer or one attempt swaying pink, more attempts swaying blue, regardless of timing or frequency patterns.) E4d is really just an easy way to have about one attempt in the fertile window without having to think about it too much (and has gotten good results too so is apparently working)

You guys are free to mix and match these however you want, but for pink I really do urge you to keep the one attempt.

SMEP, by virtue of being many attempts in the fertile window, is probably boy friendly.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Re doing the opposite - I know they love to say that on other sway sites but here is the thing - that only works if the thing you are doing the opposite of, is what got you a boy in the first place. If you had your husband wear a red bow tie while you had sex, and you decide to do the opposite, and have him wear blue socks instead, that is not going to help your sway any. Or worse, what if what you had done had actually been PINK friendly and you got a boy because of your diet or luck or some other reason. And doing the opposite will only sway MORE blue?? I think it's best to do what has worked for most people, most of the time. I really do not recommend SMEP for any pink swayer till you have exhausted all other possible options and dropped nearly all other sway tactics (except diet and exercise).

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again Atomic, and I promise this will be my last annoying question. What about SMEP with a hot bath before for DH and JD after! Or would that just be stupid? Would it have more chances than e4d but still sway somehow pink! i know we can choose whatever we prefer, I just would want to have the biggest chance to get pregnant this cycle without destroying my sway too much as after all the diestand exercise it would kind of suck!

Also are we really not supposed to take garlic and onion while swaying pink? Why would that be?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not recommend SMEP for anyone swaying unless they have been at it a really long time and have exhausted all other options first.

I have no evidence to indicate that hot bath even really does anything to help a sway.

I really would not go this route, personally.

When I give my sway advice I have to take into consideration all the schools of thought. I try to keep in as much as I can, even of stuff that I personally don't believe in, as long as it doesn't harm anyone and doesn't cut odds of conception or ruin people's sways. So, because some people think garlic and onions should be avoided, it doesn't hurt anyone, lower chances of pregnancy, or sway blue to do it, I leave it in. Do I believe it - no, but some people do want to skip them and since it's easy enough to do, I keep it in the mix.

10. Likes Debahlgrim liked this post