Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am leaning toward international... maybe Ukraine. But I am not sure as I have just started exploring this route. I look forward to following your journey. What made you decide on Honduras?
    MS/IVF/PGD - 5/08 - No transfer
    MS/IVF/PGD - 8/08 - Transferred 2 Blasts! BFP! No heartbeat at 8 wk u/s. D&C @ 9 weeks.
    MS/IVF/PGD - 11/09 - Transferred 3 - BFN

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Think Pink View Post
    I am leaning toward international... maybe Ukraine. But I am not sure as I have just started exploring this route. I look forward to following your journey. What made you decide on Honduras?
    We chose Honduras because it seems like the best fit for our family. Some countries we didn't qualify for, or their travel was too extensive for what we could manage, some countries only allow older children to be adopted or only ones with special needs, etc.

I recommend reading the boards at http://forums.adoption.com/international-adoption/. They have it broken down into countries and there's a wealth of info on there. Also, if you haven't, look at the official government website for adoptions. You can review each country individually. http://adoption.state.gov/. I know you are still exploring, but these are places you'll want to check out when you're ready.
    - born January 2010

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update on our international adoption....

Our homestudy is finalized, and that as well as our petition to bring an orphan into the U.S. as an immediate family member has been received by Immigration Services! Now we wait for a confirmation letter and a request from them to be fingerprinted. This process can take up to 75 days. During this time, we will be completing our dossier. It is very feasible that all of our paperwork will be in Honduras this fall! It will then take a few months for the Honduran government to translate and review everything.

Wow!!
    - born January 2010

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is amazing to me how many steps it takes to help an orphaned child! I hope time passes quickly and everything continues to progress!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Isla, it's been quite a while--do you still come here? Hope all went swimmingly and you are happy with your new daughter at home and thriving.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12