Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy anyone have info about domestic infant adoption? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Hello, just wondering if anyone has gone through domestic adoption in the US.Have been looking into this, but not sure what exactly to expect, since most of these adoptions are open adoptions, so I hear anyways. What do you recommend domestic or international? Just hoping to get an idea of how long the wait time is and how likely it is that we'd get picked since we have 4 boys already. Our boys would really like a sister, so we would like to choose to adopt a baby girl. Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My impression is that with private infant adoption (where the birthmom picks you), you can't specify gender, but with adopting from foster care you can.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, looked into adoption, called a bunch of agencies. They basically told us we wouldn't get picked because we already have four boys. So, we are looking into other options, I guess. Thanks for all your help though, NBP.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can with some agencies!

Try Lifetime or a facilitator. They acted like it was no big deal for us!
    DW (33), DH (35) to ODS (11) and YDS (6) and (2016). Hoped to add a little in 2014/2015, but it appears it is going to take way longer than expected.

Cycle 1 - May 2013 - HRC - retrieval - Feb 2014 FET Planned Transfer - early blast resulted in a chemical (Chemical #1).
    Cycle 2 - May 2014 - HRC - No Normal XX embryos - No Transfer
    Cycle 3 - October 2014 - HRC - Retrieval and Unplanned FET in December 2014 - Normal XX resulted in another chemical (Chemical #2).

January 2015 Immune Testing with Dr Braverman - He suspects mild endometriosis is my issue and wants me to have a lap.
    April 2015 lap surgery scheduled with renowned endometriosis surgeon. Stage 2 endometriosis found and excised!

FET #3 - June 2015 - HRC - On Dr Braverman Immune Treatment (Lovenox, Prednisone, Intralipids, and Femara) My last xx embryo didn't survive the thaw (transferred backup donor embryo) - Chemical #3

June 2015 - Sign up with adoption agencies as current plan (IVF does not seem to work for me).

July 2015 - Receive 2 beautiful xx donor embryos! Decided to hire a proven surrogate to transfer to so I can end my quest for baby girl.

September 2015 - First Natural Attempt without protection in 6 years = BFP 7dpo Beta 13 dpo 221, Beta 15 dpo 653, Seen at 6 and 8 Weeks! Panorama Test reveals bubs is another so transfer with surrogate/adoption is still on! Ask Braverman why this is happening and now he says we must have "gender dreamer issue" and not immune issues?!

Received calls about baby girls for Adoption in November 2015, May 2016, and August 2016 - All had to turn down because of planned surrogacy transfers.

January 2016 - FET #1 with proven surrogate - BFP 4dpt, Beta 12dpt 601, Beta 14 dpt 1,342, Beta 18dpt 734... CHEMICAL #4

May 2016 - Baby Boy arrives healthy at 39 weeks (planned c section) - 8.5 lbs! I love love love this baby boy. He is such a blessing and a rainbow to me!

July 2016 - FET #2 with proven surrogate and last donor embryo - BFP 3.5dpt! Beta 11dpt 374, Beta 13dpt 828, Beta 15dpt 1,689, Beta 18dpt 4,925! Seen at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks, and 12 weeks. Went for Gender Scan at 16 weeks and it shows baby passed away at 15 weeks.

I JUST DON'T GET IT. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?? SO SAD.

Moving onto Adoption - I need to believe in a Real Live Baby and not a theory of a baby!

UPDATE!! We have our new daughter through adoption March 2017!! We are in love and our family is complete!!