Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Aussie mums!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Aussie mums!

I'm going to be starting the Le diet soon & I'm in the process of writing a menu plan I would be so grateful if you coud please list a couple of different staple food brandsthat you found ( in australia) to be low in sodium/ potassium/ calories? Or some main meal ideas Many, many thanks xx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Mummyx2. I have just started doing the same thing so would love to compare notes. I haven't actually sourced anything from the major supermarkets or health food stores just yet but have been researching online. I'm going tomorrow to try & find certain things so can update then. In the meantime this link might be useful for finding low sodium options http://www.menieres.org.au/docs/saltshopguide2_10.pdf Apparently H2Coco coconut water can be found at Coles & IGA & Celebes organic coconut water from Coles or Woolworths. Miracle noodles are apparently called Chang's lo cal pasta at Coles & Slim Pasta at Woolies. Seltzer water is soda water -I'm prob the only one who didn't know that:-/ I'm going to try & find Matzo bread. I think it depends which part of Australia you're in. Coles stock it in parts of Melbourne which is handy for you. I'm in Brisbane though. I'm actually writing out a bit of a menu plan too. I'm starting the LE diet properly 1 Jan with plan to ttc from March onwards. When will you be ttc? Would be great to be able to share recipes/menus with Aussie brands. I looked up some of the foods on Amazon & they are quite expensive. Great idea to share ideas!
    DS1 DS2 DS3 Love my kiddos Hoping and praying for a baby girl to join our family in 2013 or 2014

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi thank u for the link it is fantastic! So far I've found nimbin cheese to be lowest in sodium & Coles brand skim milk ( pink carton) carr's table water biscuits... Sun rice rice crackers... Freedom foods rice puffs & freedom foodsbcorn flakes ( found in organic section of supermarket ) kellogs rice bubbles & corn flakes seem to be a lot higher sodium so ill be staying away from them! Weight watchers apricot jam ( actually is quite yummy!! ) & IXL strawberry jam 50% less sugar.. Homebrand white slices bread ( the $1 loaf) I'm thinking Bout buying a bread maker as there is 2 slices = 262 mg sodium! I don't want to eat a healthy grain bread because I feel like that contradicts the LE diet .. Tamar valley Greek style yogurt 98% fat free comes in a six pack of 125g yogurts ... Coles brand spirals ( considering looking for a better option in a health food shop) havnt checked out rice yet ... I've only just come off the pill & we dtd 3 day after my period finished I thought it would be fine as I wasn't expecting to ovulate the next day! ( I assumed it would take longer) So we may have conceived boy number 3! Lol I've prob got at least a 7-10 day wait before I do a test to find out, I'm happy either way are u taking supplements? Do u believe in low ph? What's your sway plan?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chiming in girls ... I'm kinda on the same timeframe starting this week- LE lite (vegetarian, just checking calories but not cutting back yet) and folic acid & fiber, with some monitoring of cycle to see how whacky it might be before any sups (I'm waiting for first AF after MC in early Dec). Thinking March would be earliest attempt, but more likely the following 3 months thereafter in attempt to reduce stress associated with work / starting school with DS1.

Unsure if you found the Sheilas wanting sheilas thread? and the facebook group - there are documents attached there listing local brands and meal ideas based on these - you sound right on track. If you're not already on there (hard matching up real names with online avatars!) then find Amy (hopingforsaskia) and ask her to join you up.

I'll be chatting no doubt along the way xL

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi lollylegs, Sorry to hear u had a m/c, it's heartbreaking I hope you are ok xx I have written on thread for Sheila's who want Sheila the fb group sounds great I will track down Amy thank you

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks lollylegs. I hadn't seen that yet but will look for it. Sounds very helpful! I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c too.
    I'm actually still waiting for AF to return as I'm still BF'ing DS3 so March is the earliest timeframe for me too. I'm probably aiming more for middle of 2013.
    Mummyx2 thanks so much for all those brands. I found everything today except the Matzo bread. Coles had a lot! I just wrote to you on your intro thread as well. Look forward to hearing if you are The 2ww is the worst! I'm so not good at being in limbo... No wonder I have 3 boys haha! Very much the control freak
    DS1 DS2 DS3 Love my kiddos Hoping and praying for a baby girl to join our family in 2013 or 2014

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay I'm part of the group... You should join Needgrace there is a thread " Sheila's who want Sheila's" look for hopingfoesaskia & send her a private msg with ur fb name .. It's great thanks lolly legs

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My pleasure!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies. I'm in the same boat as you. Won't start diet until feb though as we have a lot happening this month (both boys having a small op on the same day, me taking a girls trip to Melbourne for 4 nights, starting back at work after 2 years off...)

I'm looking at doing a menu for 2 weeks at a time so that I can just repeat it.
    5 22 months

Hoping and praying for on our next (and final) baby.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi feeeling blue I'm starting my diet in 1 week( I had planned to start it on jan 1 st but now we are going away for a couple nights and hubby & I are having a night in the city iv written a 7 day meal plan today I've worked our calories & sodium. Haven't looked at protein & potassium .. A girls holiday sounds great, lucky u !! I feel my menu is very bland .. Lots of zucchini, cucumber pasta rice low sodium cheese yogurt and some beans .. R u part of the fb group?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast