Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Member with terminal cancer needs our help

This is posted in the Member HT forum but I asked if it was okay to repost in the public forum so more people may see it and help out. One of our members needs some help. Info is below from original post-

Hi everyone

I have set up a fundraising page called Matilda Mai's Project. It's for a GD friend who is very ill in order to capture some special memories for her kids.

Matilda Mai's Project - GoFundMe

Some of you may remember Mywill. She cycled with Dr P a while back. Her HT DD's are 2.5 yrs now and they are absolutely divine.

When the girls were little she didn't feel great - not surprising when you have twins and 3 sons as well. Sleep is in short supply and its hard work.

Turned out there was another reason she felt awful. Last year she was diagnosed with Stage 4 adenocarcinoma. It was inoperable and her prognosis was 18 months with treatment. They are pretty sure the primary cancer was in the lung (bizarre given she's a non-smoker).

Initially the chemo did impact the tumours and reduced their size and her condition has been stable. But recently she hasn't been able to have chemo because her liver function has been poor. However, she has started chemo again this week as her latest prognosis was 3 months if she continued without treatment.

The plan is to get a videographer to take some footage of her with the family to put together a DVD keepsake, especially for the twins and her younger son who is 6. Just everyday things, enjoying their pets, reading stories, all the stuff that as a busy parent you tend to take for granted everyday. And editing it to include a slideshow of family pics and vids they already have. Favourite songs, perhaps even recorded messages for the kids. Like most of us, she is always the one behind the lens and is never in any of the shots!

NBP had the great suggestion that I create a page on GoFundMe. So I have! It's a bit devoid of detail and there are no pictures. Mywill is a very private person and her husband has really been struggling to deal with her prognosis. So my details are on the page. You can pay in all different currencies and ways. Such a brilliant idea.

For any of you still reading - thank you. And for anyone who actually donates. THANK YOU! Thank you so much for helping Mywill and for helping me feel like I'm doing something useful and helpful. We live in different parts of the country so it was hard to think of a way (other than keeping in touch and chatting) to be supportive. MMx
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NBP, is there a possibility to make a financial contribution via Paypal? Something like we pay our membership on this website. Otherwise it's difficult to arrange it from Europe. Thanks for letting us know.
    Did HT in summer and got BFP - OHW

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That website takes paypal. That's how I contributed.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, that's great!
    Did HT in summer and got BFP - OHW

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How unimaginably awful! I'll give. I hope it gives them some small measure of comfort
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think what your doing is amazing Matildamai! Wish i could donate more. I hope you manage to create some wonderful memories for your friend and her lovely children. X
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sending love and strength to Mywill and her family. I don't know how much it will be but, I will donate when I get paid on Tuesday night.
    '01 model (my baby girl forever 5mths '02 model)
    '05 model '10 model '15 model

My gender dreaming success arrived safe July 2015. He is a complete dream come true and an absolutely beautiful little boy.

A huge thank you to Atomic for all her encouragement when I was up against things out of my control and ready to chuck it in. I can never thank you enough. Thank you also to all the other knowledgeable and ever supportive ladies that have helped and encouraged me. I truly believe my dream would not have come true without this site, my boy gender plan and the incredible love and support.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-boy/27056-he-diet-faq.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sending love and prayers to Mywill and family. I can't even imagine what she is going through. It is so sad. I am very happy to donate. Thank you Matildamai. Xxxx
    3 beautiful boys.

1. Oct '12 Genesis 1x XX BFN
    2. Dec '12 Genesis 1x XX (FET) BFN
    3. Feb '13 Genesis 2x XX BFN
    4. March 13 Genesis 2x XX (FET) BFN:-((((
    Enough. Now moving on to the U.S.

5. Sept '13 HRC 1x XX (FET) BFP!! :-)))
    12dpt beta 967
    14dpt beta 2300
    17dpt beta 5600
    Perfect little princess born June 2014. My heart is complete::

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just thought I'd update this thread for anyone following it who is not a member in the HT section of the board.

Mywill had to go to hospital last weekend with vision problems. Although the initial CT scan came back clear, the MRI done this week showed brain mets. Not good news. But the videographer is on board and has lots of ideas to make the dvd positive and uplifting and has even offered to film any memorial service that may come to pass for free which I thought was very generous.

Thanks again everyone for all the prayers, messages of support and donations. MMx
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast